Reviews for Indecision
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 2/14/2009
A great story. Very good.
APpLeBun chapter 1 . 4/20/2007
Beautifully written.

"Even when every other gold silk belief she has ever wrapped around herself lies ragged and ruined at her feet, there is no confusion on this point." That is just such a strong sentence - it pulled me in and made me want to keep reading. Great job.
AgentRusco chapter 1 . 8/26/2006
very nicely done. I like this a lot. You really got into the character I think.
Dearest's Historic Cadre chapter 1 . 8/12/2006
Wonderful and so true!

This has actually made me like Elizabeth more, as it is a view of her character that previously occupied my blind spot. Maybe I will not yell, "BITCH," when I see her chaining him to the mast. Maybe.
NiennaTru chapter 1 . 7/26/2006
Lovely piece. I think I agree with you that Elizabeth really doesn't know *what* she wants.

When I first watched DMC, I thought that perhaps the freedom and adventure represented in Jack him appealing to Elizabeth (she's always had a thing about pirates after all), but the more I thought about it (and my second viewing seemed to confirm this for me), the more I thought that Elizabeth really doesn't seem to know *what* she wants.

The bad thing about that is, other people's feelings keep getting in the crossfire (Will, Norrington...I would say Jack, but I don't seriously believe [despite what many 'shippers would say] that he feels anything but passing lustful interest in Elizabeth. I believe Jack is in love with the sea and the Pearl-but that's only my humble opinion). Her fickleness makes her a rather selfish character, but it also makes her more interesting as well.

I do wonder about Will as well. Despite the fact that his character is the moral center of the story, and despite the fact that he offered to find Jack because he believed Elizabeth loved him, there was a lot of anger and bitterness simmering in him at the end of DMC. I wonder what will come of that?

Anyway, I'm getting away from myself here. I enjoyed this fic, and am going to add it to my favs. Thanks for a good read.
lauraceleste chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
Absolutely exquisite. Your words dance on the screen in perfect rhythm, a short little thing, but so meaningful. Lovely.
Ernie628 chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
Wow, this was great! I loved Will and Elizabeth, and when the kiss happened, I was totally shocked! I liked how you showed that she truly loves Will, but there's just something about Jack that she can't let go of. I liked the few end lines- she doesn't know what she wants, but it's not this. Great job, I hope to read more from you!
Fair-Ithil chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
*bows at your feet* You get a gold star for being true to character and three more for the beauty of your words.
Lost and Found Puppy chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
Oh this is perfect. I think she's conflicted as well, and loved how you wrote her inner thoughts on dooming Jack.
rebeldivaluv chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
Ahh! So happy to find this story. The unresolved nature of the second movie has been bugging me ever since I saw it and has sparked my first foray into PotC fanfic. However, I've mostly been disappointed by what I've found, people so completely ship-devoted that they don't bother to look at both sides of the matter. You did that perfectly, with beautiful imagery, and I loved the added details about the Will/Elizabeth romance. I think a lot of people who consider it the "safer" path forget that even there, Elizabeth would have been scorned by her peers, as shown in the first movie. Anyway, I'm getting completely sidetracked. I just wanted to say, lovely vignette, I'm so glad you wrote it! Oh, and I loved how you juxtaposed the He grew up a lowly apprentice, lucky to be literate. Sometimes she loves him so fiercely it burns. section. So good.
Azurite chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
After seeing the movie earlier this afternoon, I was possessed with thought that this ficlet has put into delicious narrative. So for someone who wrote this on a sleep-deprived moment, it sure is damn good.
organizedcure chapter 1 . 7/8/2006
Nice... really. *o*
Omgsomeone chapter 1 . 7/8/2006
Woo! Someone saw the movie! Short, but I liked it. It has the prospect of being such a good story, if you can write a well thought out plot, as there are a lot of loose ends in PotC right now... Remember to remember them all!

~Ami