Reviews for In the Shadow of my Father
thequietreader chapter 12 . 7/1/2013
This was actually pretty damn super. You write in your ANs pretty often apologizing for the angst, but I don't think you realize how refreshing that angst is, in the happy fun bright world of Superman. There's a lot of brightness in the Marvel world, but some parts are just hard to stomach because of how angsty they ought to be. One such part, of course, is Jason. I think that the way you wrote Jason, and the troubles you hashed out for him, are incredibly believable and were great to read - and it certainly doesn't hurt that you're an amazing writer. Off I go to read the rest of your work!
notsolimpbizkit chapter 7 . 4/9/2013
Gooo kate-man! Hahahaha normally i avoid OCs but Kate's spunkyness won me over. Having a good time reading this.
finn1013 chapter 12 . 9/15/2012
That was a very enjoyable read, well done. :D
finn1013 chapter 8 . 9/15/2012
This is a very good fic, dealing realistically with adult emotions and feelings. Going on to read more ...
parkchanyeol chapter 12 . 9/2/2012
You are amazing, this story is amazing. Thank you!
Draic chapter 12 . 6/30/2012
Beautiful. Thank you.
shezdev chapter 10 . 2/1/2012
Oh wow! Your writing is so believable and strong. I know you say that you dont believe it would have happened this way, but this is so how i imagined it.

Awesome story.
Calenture chapter 12 . 12/26/2011
Let me just start by saying, I love this story so much! I have not been able to pit it down! It is by far the best story I have read on this site to date. It is so well written, so incredibly heart warming, (and heart breaking at times. I might add...) and so full of prospects I would never have thought
senselesswords chapter 12 . 7/11/2010
Amazing story. I'm glad you took the time to write something different, to explore other posible endings. I'm not a huge fan of Superman fanfics, but this has a special place in my list now.

Great work.
00Verisimilitude00 chapter 12 . 6/14/2010
there are no words to discribe how much i love this story! well written, good characterization, interesting plot... its got all the works. great job
Built on the Horizon chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
Hey, I've read this story so many times, it's just insane. I've already sent you off a crazily long review, but I just wanted to ask a quick question.

I remember reading it on your livejournal this one time ages ago, and seeing a comment from someone who found this perfect looking Jason all grown up actor, and a couple of icons were made. I don't have a livejournal now, and yours has been friend guarded, which is totally understandable. I really want to find out who that guy was, just for a bit of ogle, and also because I'm also writing a "Jason grown up" fic for a local award. I remember thinking he was perfect for the mental image, but I just don't know who he was!

Also, if memory serves, there was a list of different people for him at different times of his life... if I could have that too, please? That would be great!
LadyKryptonite294 chapter 12 . 5/2/2008
OMG OMG OMG! That was completely amzing, especially the ending, perfect epilouge, i was fillin up readin those last infamous father and son lines *sniff sniff*

I have reli enjoyed readin this story! It has kept me in total awe for the last couple of weeks!

You are a truly amazing writer and convey such emotions perfectly! Thank you for opening my eyes to the fantastic use of words you use _

LadyKryptonite294 chapter 9 . 4/30/2008
AW what a sweet memory of his birthday _

I do like Superman, at least that shows a different side to how Jason veiws him. Can't wait to read on bye hehe

LadyKryptonite294 chapter 7 . 4/30/2008
OMG. I can't beleive how much i am in luv wiv this story! I am hooked lol

That was a very hard hitting and emotional chapter, i reli enjoyed reading it tho. I luv the insight into Jason's character and his feelings towards Superman, i also like how he now has Kate there to help him, it sounds like he is gunna need all the support he can get from the way he has opened up now.

I was on the vurge of tears reading that last bit, you are an amazing writer! I don't care about the action lol i luv ur more deep, upsetting and emotional chapters, (i hope that dnt make me sound depressin lol)

Can't wait to read on, amazing once again _

LadyKryptonite294 chapter 2 . 4/26/2008
I have only read the first 2 chapters but so far i am totally and completely hooked to this story! I dnt mind that it is dark, i think it makes it different to read, in a strange way it is refreshing to read a change in the usual.

Looking forward to carrying on to the next installment _

340 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »