Reviews for In the Shadow of my Father
finn1013 chapter 12 . 9/15/2012
That was a very enjoyable read, well done. :D
finn1013 chapter 8 . 9/15/2012
This is a very good fic, dealing realistically with adult emotions and feelings. Going on to read more ...
parkchanyeol chapter 12 . 9/2/2012
You are amazing, this story is amazing. Thank you!
Draic chapter 12 . 6/30/2012
Beautiful. Thank you.
shezdev chapter 10 . 2/1/2012
Oh wow! Your writing is so believable and strong. I know you say that you dont believe it would have happened this way, but this is so how i imagined it.

Awesome story.
Calenture chapter 12 . 12/26/2011
Let me just start by saying, I love this story so much! I have not been able to pit it down! It is by far the best story I have read on this site to date. It is so well written, so incredibly heart warming, (and heart breaking at times. I might add...) and so full of prospects I would never have thought
senselesswords chapter 12 . 7/11/2010
Amazing story. I'm glad you took the time to write something different, to explore other posible endings. I'm not a huge fan of Superman fanfics, but this has a special place in my list now.

Great work.
00Verisimilitude00 chapter 12 . 6/14/2010
there are no words to discribe how much i love this story! well written, good characterization, interesting plot... its got all the works. great job
Built on the Horizon chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
Hey, I've read this story so many times, it's just insane. I've already sent you off a crazily long review, but I just wanted to ask a quick question.

I remember reading it on your livejournal this one time ages ago, and seeing a comment from someone who found this perfect looking Jason all grown up actor, and a couple of icons were made. I don't have a livejournal now, and yours has been friend guarded, which is totally understandable. I really want to find out who that guy was, just for a bit of ogle, and also because I'm also writing a "Jason grown up" fic for a local award. I remember thinking he was perfect for the mental image, but I just don't know who he was!

Also, if memory serves, there was a list of different people for him at different times of his life... if I could have that too, please? That would be great!
LadyKryptonite294 chapter 12 . 5/2/2008
OMG OMG OMG! That was completely amzing, especially the ending, perfect epilouge, i was fillin up readin those last infamous father and son lines *sniff sniff*

I have reli enjoyed readin this story! It has kept me in total awe for the last couple of weeks!

You are a truly amazing writer and convey such emotions perfectly! Thank you for opening my eyes to the fantastic use of words you use _

LadyKryptonite294 chapter 9 . 4/30/2008
AW what a sweet memory of his birthday _

I do like Superman, at least that shows a different side to how Jason veiws him. Can't wait to read on bye hehe

LadyKryptonite294 chapter 7 . 4/30/2008
OMG. I can't beleive how much i am in luv wiv this story! I am hooked lol

That was a very hard hitting and emotional chapter, i reli enjoyed reading it tho. I luv the insight into Jason's character and his feelings towards Superman, i also like how he now has Kate there to help him, it sounds like he is gunna need all the support he can get from the way he has opened up now.

I was on the vurge of tears reading that last bit, you are an amazing writer! I don't care about the action lol i luv ur more deep, upsetting and emotional chapters, (i hope that dnt make me sound depressin lol)

Can't wait to read on, amazing once again _

LadyKryptonite294 chapter 2 . 4/26/2008
I have only read the first 2 chapters but so far i am totally and completely hooked to this story! I dnt mind that it is dark, i think it makes it different to read, in a strange way it is refreshing to read a change in the usual.

Looking forward to carrying on to the next installment _

Built on the Horizon chapter 12 . 3/10/2008
I just have to say, this fanfic is probably the best story I have ever read... closely followed by Being Jason White. I've read the entire thing through about four times, two of those times I've mouthed along, or actually spoken the words along with them. This story is just so wonderful in everything. I'm a sucker for angst and romance and drama and family. Guess what I found!... but seriously, this is magnificent. The voice of the characters is just wonderful, I can really feel all the essence of them pouring out of it. Especially in the dialouge you've given them, but also in the movements, simple things like:

"“Oh, my God,” he sighed into his hand. He made a fist and pressed it against his upper lip in thought. “How long have you felt this way?” he asked so quietly I almost thought I imagined it... His eyes shut tight before he covered them with his hand. “Oh, my God,” he groaned again. “No wonder you hate me.”... He took another moment to run his hand through his hair before looking at me again. The frown on his face echoed mine, as did the confusion. The hurt reflected in his eyes was difficult to endure. He looked as if he might cry. I’d seen him visibly shaken. I’d seen him worried and emotional. But I’d never seen him cry. His reaction to my words only puzzled me all the more.

Suddenly he stood up and walked away from me, keeping his back to me so that I couldn’t judge the emotion on his face. His arms were crossed in front of his chest and his voice was low and shaking. “Wow, Jason. Wow.” He paused, and I heard a small puff of air escape him like a tiny laugh."

Just the description of his hand movements is enough to break me in this bit. Picturing Superman as overwhelmed as this just kills me! Good job!

The entire chapter 10, the scene with Jason confronting Clark is probably my favourite, read it heaps.

I love the first person voice. tricky, but nice, very nice. The internal monolouges, the questions, especially (another quote from chapter 10, because I love it so much):

"Don’t say it, I screamed mentally. No. I can’t…

“…I will always love you.”

I covered my face with my hands, not wanting him to witness what was happening to me. I didn’t believe it myself. How many years had I waited to hear those words? How many years had I believed just the opposite of what he was now telling me? How had I ever let it go on this long without confronting him? What little restraint I had in keeping my emotions in check was lost for good now and I cried into my hands freely."

I just love the way you've done Jason. It's great.

I hope you dont mind, but I've taken my own spin on the failed relationship between Jason and Clark, you've imprinted it so deep into my mind! It'll be different though, very different, if I ever get around to finishing it.

You write like a movie, well I can see the whole thing playing out in front of me, good job!

I nearly cried playing along to chapter 10, and trust me, thats niegh impossilbe.

my, just so you know, I never write reviews this long. Ever. This is solid gold, man.

Built on the Horizon
DarkNightChilde chapter 12 . 2/13/2008
I say this with complete sincerity:

You just became my favorite Superman fanfiction writer.
338 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »