Reviews for In the Shadow of my Father
htbthomas chapter 3 . 7/16/2006
Yay! It's posted! Well, then. I loved the rooftop conversation. This is quite a realistic portrayal of how a young man who felt neglected would behave... I know some people don't like to think it could happen, but it could. So thanks for exploring this angle.

Can't wait to receive the next one!
delete delete does not compute chapter 3 . 7/16/2006
Wow, really hating Jason. P

Oh, and a "confidant" is someone you trust with your secrets. You're looking for the word "confident".

Keep on writing and I'll keep on reading! Good job!
MrsMosley chapter 2 . 7/15/2006
I love it! Please update soon, I can't wait to see where this goes.
MrsMosley chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
Ohh, great start. I didn't realize until the line about locking the window that this was Jason speaking, not Clark.
iamapapermache chapter 2 . 7/14/2006
You got me again. Two awesome chapters. Great writing. I LOVE it. Please continue as soon as you can.

love, love, love

iamapapermache
Tari Roo chapter 2 . 7/13/2006
Plausible? Yes. Intriguing? Definitely. Enjoyable? Hell, yes!

I think you have captured the possibility of Jason resenting his 'father' perfectly, especially if Superman maintained his distance over the years. A young man filled with anger would fail to see objectively why such a decision must be made, even if it was not easy (definitely not easy).

I am very keen to see where you take this story, it has loads of potential. I wonder if Clark Kent has played any role in Jason's life? That would add a very interesting angle to the story.

Thanks!
TheRealMaraJade chapter 2 . 7/12/2006
Interesting idea, and the beginning was nicely developed. But I do have to say I have a problem with angst in the Superman scenario. :(
Hellish Red Devil chapter 2 . 7/11/2006
Let the angst flow, baby! Though in reality I too want a happy ending for Jason, Lois, Richard, AND Superman/Clark, this is much more plausible, not to mention highly intriguing! I can't wait to see how this will play out. I was feeling very antsy for a sequel dealing with Jason and his birthright after watching "Superman Returns,” and I think this may just be the remedy. Cheers!

P.S. You know how I feel about beta reading your work. ;)
desmondmollyjones chapter 1 . 7/11/2006
good story! Although I once agreed with someone who called writing a fic about Jason the angsty teenager would be cliche, I'm really liking this! I can't see how Clark/Superman reacts when he finds out about all this and Kate, of course. If she doesn't like Superman how is she gonna react when she finds out she's engaged to his son? update soon, please, I'm dying for more!
KFF chapter 2 . 7/10/2006
I really really really love this story and I cant wait for a update, honest, but, in this chapter I just got the feeling of wanting to slap Jason for some reason, Im so sorry but it is true, I cant pin point what it is but nearing the end of the chapter I just felt there was something about him that was soo, I dont know, bugging me I wanted to shake some sense into him, Stupid isnt it. Again I really love this story but i just wanted you to hear what I felt, sorry if you dont like it, honest it is a great story.
Fenice chapter 2 . 7/10/2006
The way it is I like it. I like the dark side of life -with or without happy ending, the choice over heritage...

The way it is I like this story as any story I read from you !
Paige242 chapter 2 . 7/9/2006
Wow! I'm really loving this so far. I like the dakness of it- I think you have kept the emotions true to the situation you have set up. I can't wait for more! (I must know how Kate reacts.) Update soon!
forever-young-88 chapter 2 . 7/9/2006
Oh, I almost feeling like crying. If only Jason could understand! If only Clark hadn't left! If only they'd all communicate, somehow. If only, if only. Wow. You're too good. Evoking this much in me. Awesome P.

Please update soon! Much love _.
forever-young-88 chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
Amazing. You are so amazing. Hehe. Gosh, this is indeed a much darker take on the Superman story. Things are bound to be complicated for Jason, and I think this fic needed to be written. So thanks! Awesome job. Much love _.
JennaeMarie chapter 2 . 7/9/2006
This is getting good. Update soon:)
338 | « Prev Page 1 .. 12 19 20 21 22 23 Next »