Reviews for In the Shadow of my Father
Sakura Scout chapter 12 . 1/11/2008
Only two or three out of all the written pieces I have read in my 19 years of life have ever moved me to tears and this is one of them. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful story. -
MamboKings chapter 12 . 1/5/2008
So many things in this story reduced me to tears. It was so real and wonderful, I can't wait to read the companion.
CoyoteWolf chapter 12 . 12/27/2007
*sobs* OMG...this fic is just...so full of mixed emotions. I almost cried seven times in the last four chapters. Damn. good job. *sniffs*
Peace Like a River chapter 12 . 12/18/2007
Amazing story. I loved everything about it - the angst, the emotions, and that little heartwarming scene at the end (I just knew Jason would pass those same words on to his son :-) Awesome. Also, I think the family situation in your story is a lot more probable than the one you see in lots of other fics, where Superman and Lois raise Jason together, Jason is happy and well-adjusted, and Richard is basically kicked out of the picture. So I loved how you explored a darker outcome in this story, and yet the story itself doesn't feel 'dark', if that makes sense. :-) I'm definitely putting this in my favorites.
NiteAngel chapter 12 . 11/8/2007
hmm...i still don't think i understand those words properly

ok. i'll tell you what i found. i found that even though i hadn't read this story b4 reading Being Jason White, i understood it. and when i was reading this...it enhanced what i already knew and when i read your OTHER story about how clark tells lois who he is...the same thing.

so overall it was really good. you wrote it so well that i didn't feel like i was missing out on anything...until i read the other story and i was like...oh. good to know this bit too!

you know?

so yup.

ok. now i have to go cook.

NiteAngel

Judah chapter 12 . 9/10/2007
Heavy emotionally. Good fic.
Sreya chapter 12 . 9/9/2007
Hi, Alphie! Imagine my surprise to find that one of my favorite HP fic authors had written Superman Returns fic - thank goodness, too!

You hit on a lot of things in this fic that I'd carried away from the movie - in particular, the whole issue of Lois not knowing that Superman is Clark Kent. Painful as it was, I was thrilled to find that Lois still didn't know even once Jason was an adult.

The twists you used to write this relationship between Jason and Clark were wonderful. So much tension and so many mistakes, and yet Clark was entirely in character, for ANY version of Superman. His insecurities are always his greatest weakness, his penchant for putting others' lives and happiness above his own. Here, it translated so completely wrong to his son, and yet he never even knew because it was that very miscommunication that prevented him from knowing Jason well enough. (Does that make sense? If not, excuse it as midnight ramblings)

I rarely find a story that I really feel has been crafted so well, and I really do want to say thank you for it, because it's the perfect companion piece to the movie.
winthjo chapter 12 . 7/9/2007
Great series about Jason. I'm hoping you will go into greater detail of when Clark told Lois about his secret. Sounds like it really hit the fan with that one. Lots of fireworks. I've been a big Superman fan since the original TV show in the late 50's. I have a picture of myself taken in 1954 wearing a towel as a superman cape.
ellennar chapter 12 . 6/13/2007
Bravo & hat's off this was beautifully done!
vouge09 chapter 12 . 5/20/2007
what I beautiful piece. I am glad I read being jason before this.
Jump Highly chapter 1 . 5/12/2007
You've done a fabulous job with this story. I appreciate that you took your story in the direction Superman Returns left us - with Lois staying with Richard. You did a fabulous job projecting Jason's life forward (likewise in your 'Being Jason...' work). The pain you've written feels very authentic, very deep.

The writing is compelling, the plot moves at an appropriate pace, and your conclusions perfectly in keeping with the story - they've moved just far enough.

I look forward to continuing to read in this 'verse in your second piece. Well done!
Tee2007 chapter 12 . 4/19/2007
WOW! WOW! WOW! I absolutely loved it! Granted, it was full of angsty and i wish you didn't do that to me, but it was fantastic.

Last night while nursing the baby i read half the story, i wanted to leave a review for each chapter, but one handed is not so easy, so i'm leaving this one! If you still want me to jam your inbox with review notices i would be more than happy to, because i simply can't say enough about your story! Alphie, it truly is fantastic - you're writing is superb and the voice of the characters are bang on!

I can't praise you enough, and i'm just in Superman heaven right now...*sigh* I might compose myself and leave you another review for this story...you absolutely rock! I LOVE YOU!
Trekkie6 chapter 12 . 4/18/2007
Never mind the fact that I just spent about 5 hours reading this. Never mind the fact that it's almost 5am. Never mind the fact that I put of my homework to read this. It was totally worth it. I laughed. I cried. A lot. I'm an acting student and I found that I could not stop mouthing the dialogue. I had put myself in the characters' shoes and I just couldn't help but cry.

I think we all can agree that this would never happen, but oh the possibility! Just because it's improbable doesn't mean it's impossible.

Excellent work. You totally made screwing up my sleep schedule worth it. Despite the heavy subject, I know I'll be reading this again. Just excellent, excellent, excellent.

Wow.
Sasusc chapter 12 . 4/7/2007
**sniff** I love that! I love the ending. Clark saying those same words to Jason at the end of SR is my absolute fave scene. I love how you have Jason saying those exact words to his own son.

And as I remember someone saying on your LJ, I can really read "Torturing" much, much better knowning that this is the end to all that torturing. This is the happy ending I won't see in that fic. This makes all the crying and depressing images worth it. Especially to hear Jason repeat the "You will be different" speech! **wink** I can know safely go back to "Torturing" without worrying too much about the not-so-happy ending of the fic.
Sasusc chapter 10 . 4/6/2007
Even when you're not torturing Jason and Clark, you still make me cry! I love this chapter! I really do. They really were able to sit down and talk and get their misunderstandings out of the way. And I love how Clark has seen/heard all of his concerts/games/etc.
338 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »