Reviews for Complex
llivla chapter 1 . 5/13/2008
D: This was better than the scene that actually happened in the film, where they dragged out Elizabeth's feelings until the end. I liked it here, because I never doubted Elizabeth loved Will, and knew he'd be angry but never love another woman but her.

The chemistry with Barbosa was very interesting, and the way you had them bouncing off each other seemed IC and very reminiscent of when they were together in the first movie. I have to admit you had me guessing what the pairing would be right up until the very end, lol, and I liked this a lot. Favoriting!
Angel chapter 1 . 8/30/2006
Rachel Cabbit chapter 1 . 8/11/2006
Awesome story! It's well written and sounds just like what the characters would say in the film. I could actually see this being the beginning of the next film, as much as I dislike Will Turner and the thought of Will and Elizabeth continuing their engagement (Jack and Elizabeth forever! XD)

It was stylish and clear, and the perfect length. I wouldn't mind reading other PotC fics by you, as you seem to know the style very very well, but it if gets in the way of your azureshipping fics then maybe not XD

Loved it though. It's being added to my favourites right now.
Araminta Ditch chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
This was simply fantastic. I do very much like the way you've portrayed Barbossa. Very interesting.

You're a fabulous writer, and I do like your take on the way Will and Elizabeth make up.

Overall great story!
justawritier chapter 1 . 7/13/2006
really good.
Tee S.G chapter 1 . 7/10/2006
kbluesmom chapter 1 . 7/10/2006
Brilliant. Very well done.
Eternal Rhapsody chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
I loved this story. I think you nailed the situation head on and I really wish you would continue this story!
Rose Angelz chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
You know, out of all the post-DMC fics that have come out in the past few days, this one is by far the best.

You definitely managed to keep everyone pretty much in-character, which is something most fics have been seriously lacking in lately.

I'm also really glad this ended W/E, I am getting so sick of the over abundance of J/E fics that have been popping up everywhere. Poor Will is so unappreciated.

Anyway, awesome job, and please write more!
Danielle chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
i liked glad barbosa is back, he's like the second best character. good job
Look Ma I Can Spell Definitely chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
Yes, yes, yes! Elizabeth and Barbossa interaction! Score! But not in *that* way mind you.

That was pretty much the highlight of this story for me! I love the dynamic between Barbossa and Liz and I'm quite happy with your rendition of their reunion!

Though honestly I pictured that when Will confronted Elizabeth about the smooch that it would have be more explosive or at least come at an anticlimactic moment (which it kind of did?). But I do like that he asked her directly, but I think the result might have been wrapped up too neatly? I think I may have preferred a few loose ends when it came to Elizabeth's feeling or if there was some lasting tension between them?

But for the Liz/Will fan I think it ended quite nicely.

Happy Trails!

ScrewyLouie12 chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
done? i hope not, i liked it. question: did elizabeth ever tell barbossa that she chained jack to the ship? or did i just miss that part?
SaffyShaman chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
I thank thee for not making Elizabeth to be in love with Jack! I'm tired of not being able to find any Will/Elizabeth for after DMC. It was a good story, too.
Miran Anders chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
Nice! A good take on what happened... and I enjoyed Barbossa, as well. It'll be interesting to see how HE plays into all this... thanks - Miran
lateBloomer04 chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
Lovely story, lovely title. Complex indeed! That about sums up DMC in a nutshell, lol. I'm really glad you made this a Will/Liz. And it's interesting about Jack, how he might've gone down w/the Pearl anyway, regardless of what Elizabeth did. Also, about how Elizabeth's compass pointing to Jack - I really think it pointed to Will the entire time. Will was stuck on the Dutchman, and he was farther off in the direction that Jack just happened to be standing. (I think the writers were trying to trick us all.)

Fav part:

"She closed the distance between them and relished in the feeling of being in Will's arms again... something that felt so right, even with everything else lately that had gone wrong."