Reviews for Heart Like a Rock Cast in the Sea
pray for hope chapter 1 . 7/13/2006
drunk lizzie is kinda depressed. but a odd way.

very gift *hands you a virtual present*
Lale-Angelica chapter 1 . 7/10/2006
Very possible scenario. I like it.
MyPhoenixLament chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
I really don't know what else to say but, brilliant! I love how you wrote Tia Dalma, and it was interesting to see Lizzy drunk. So, well done. This is one of the best stories I've read in a while.
Maia's Pen chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
That was excellent.

I’m SO glad that I found this story.

I needed some answers (even fan fiction ones) to satisfy my imagination after the EVIL cliffie in the film.

The dialogue in your story is brilliant. You were totally true to each and every character. I’m wholly impressed.

Elizabeth was such a REAL character. So IN character.

Great line:- "I've believed many a thing about Jack Sparrow in my day, Miss Turner, but I will never believe he put the Pearl before his own life. Even if it was his life."-

Loved this one:- here's a ridiculous, gaping hole where her honor and heart should be.-

*clutches heart*

I just saw the movie last night & I’m going again tomorrow night . . . I was FLOORED by the Jack Elizabeth parts. . esp. the end *meep!* That was AWESOME!

How hot was he when he kissed her? Ga. . . sexy!

So . . . is this a one shot . . .? I’d love to see more!

You rawk!

Look Ma I Can Spell Definitely chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
Simply fantastic! Did my heart good to see that.

Your interpretation how Lizzie deals with her actions and the supposed death of Jack was spectacular! Her complete denial of everything - not just whether or not she has feelings for Jack, but his complete existence as well! Which to say the least doesn't work at all - was entertaining to see. You start off in a slightly humorous way which nicely progressing to becoming more heartfelt and *heartbreaking*.

The interactions between Liz and Tia Dalma and Barbossa were dynamic to see! Tia Dalma does seem like she's the all-knowing presence in this tale, doesn't she? And Barbossa, bless his soul, well he's still the bastard we all know and love (or hate...whatever floats your boat. XD )

And oh, the comparisons between Liz and Jack were also quite lovely too! Getting drunk after a situation like that is exactly the thing Jack would do! The bit with mirror and Elizabeth seeing Jack in it was quite poignant.

All the details that you added in were just wonderful to see like Elizabeth not allowing Will to save her "honor" when she's entertaining Pintel and Ragetti! *snert* Ah, those little tidbits are what make a story brilliant!

The last couple of lines was the cherry on top of this breathtaking story! It was an astounding way to end this piece, especially since we were only privy to Elizabeth's point of view, and the closing lines gave us a taste of what Jack was feeling.

Just amazing. And mind-blowing. And heart wrenching. And a million other things that I can't quite put a name to...

Happy Trails.

doesn't live here anymore chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
I really liked this one. Just saw the movie this afternoon & couldn't wait to get home and check out the fiction it inspired!
sballLuvr5 chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
aww i liked it...

MidnightWhisper7 chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. I thought there would be quite a bit of fanfiction about that particular incident between Jack and Elizabeth. And I was right. Very well-written.
Sir Drake's Heir chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
I loved the comparison between Elizabeth andEavey jones. and the J/E. J/E is a happy, happy thing.
darkcuriosity chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
Wow. this is great.
Rochelle chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
Did you make up some of these lines? E-mail me Please say no! I'm so J/E obsessed!
Kei-Ookami.kara.mori chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
unikorn chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
Cool... someone starts almost immediately to continue the story. Thank you thank you thank you. I've been dwelling on it since I saw the movie yesterday.

This is WONDERFUL start. I'm hoping you continue. It is well written and so far perfectly true to the characters developed in the movie. Keep up the good work.
Miss Posionous chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
Very good! Very well written, I enjoyed it a lot. I especially liked "Lizzie cut out her heart, and she chain it to the Black Pearl, and it sink to the bottom of the sea"-I could really hear the woman saying it! The end sentence was great too. Well done!
Erinya chapter 1 . 7/9/2006, that was lovely. All the way through. Wonderful character voices, love the Tia/Elizabeth interaction (especially Tia petting Liz like she's five), all of Tia's dialogue, Elizabeth imitating Jack and then breaking down, and the compass.

This bit I especially adore:

"When she looks close enough, she can see Jack's eyes, and honestly, honestly, that's the problem. There's too much of leftover Jack on Elizabeth for her to feel sane. She tries washing her face but it doesn't work. She feels the water and her fingers course over tiny paths of dirt traced into her skin from the salt air. Elizabeth feels Jack's fingers course over her cheekbone, her jawline, the back and side of her neck, and turns away."

Added to favorites.