Reviews for Cigarette
foolchick05 chapter 1 . 7/24/2006
i don't mean to make u sad, but what happened in #187?
Anamarie Chambers chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
The roof scene is one of my favorites as well. Thank you for this fic. 187 depressed me and made me cry. A lot. I too, went back to happier comics to seek solace from the onslaught that was the Blood of Apocalypse. Thanks again!

Neurotic Temptress chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
What the heck is Marvel doing to our southern couple? I haven't read the comics in, like, three years now, but judging from what you're writing I'm not sure I really want to know. They're trying to break them up AGAIN?

Anyway, ranting aside... lovely story. I would have liked, of course, to have a pretty, shining, sweet ending, but hey as long as you're churning out chapters who am I to complain? ;) I really missed reading your stuff, Courtney. Can't wait for more! And that would be when? ;)
SourXMash chapter 1 . 7/13/2006
Finally, someone else who thinks 187 was a travasty. I'd love to see them do something like this in the comics, but I'm not expecting it. Anyway, This was a really good story. The dialogue sounded like the characters, and the details were well-written too.
Loyalx2xNone chapter 1 . 7/11/2006
187 was indeed god awful and I keep hearing rumors that the writers are thinking of destroying romy alltogether...something about killing off Gambit but then have some comeback story and a not so happy reunion you know the same old shite they do every 2 years...but lets hope to god that doesn't happen...anyway awesome story i've been waiting for someone to write a fan fic based off of this cluster fuck that's going on in the comics now. This was pure genious thank you

BlkDiamond chapter 1 . 7/11/2006
Very good, liked it better then I did the comic.
Ariesque chapter 1 . 7/10/2006
Quite the intrigue. Actually the interest came with the title. Very thoughtful-and I'm curious to see what Rogue'll be up to with your next chapter (hint hint).

Glad to see you're still writing. And about my favorite couple of all time-that never fails to strike a chord in me. Hope to see more of you!

(insert heart here),

BJ2 chapter 1 . 7/10/2006
Why don't you work for Marvel? *sigh* My days of wanting Rogue and Remy together are over. (Poor writing is *again* to blame) but this was wonderful. There was a time when these two were *so right* together. (297 is one of my all time favorites too!)I hope that *someday* a real writer will stumble through Marvel's door and my favorite characters will be my favorite couple again. Thanks Courtney for giving me a little hope back. :)
ishandahalf chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
well, you're just churning out the stuff lately, aren't you? how fab! and of course, this was simply lovely. i haven't really been keeping up with the comics too much, but i'm aware of bits and pieces of what's been going on - up until 187 that is, but if you're in denial about it then perhaps i'm best off not knowing what happens there... ;)

but yes, this was great. you captured rogue's despair so well, and yet you also managed to convey a sense of hope at the same time. you know, i think i'll just pretend this is what REALLY happened in the comics... :)
Jean1 chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
Nicely done. Given how horrid BoA was that anything this good could come from it is miraclous.
Rogue gaL chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
I always need a really good story to satisfy me, i know it's a bold statement, but i do. It take at least 4 chapters for me to get addicted, and i never read that far if it is boring.

...I love it. I think it's a great start to it. It's got all the right boxes ticked. It's got emotion, angst and drama. I really hope you can keep this trate going. I really like it so far, so please update soon x
Randirogue chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
Oh mah gawd!

This was so fabulous.

Of course, I wish I'd been able to keep up with the comics more so that I could understand that last line more. It seemed so heavy, so wrought with coils of complexity... I wish I'd been able to grasp it better.

Thank you so much for this story.