Reviews for What The Future Brings
Nichole chapter 14 . 8/16/2013
I just finish reading this and it is by far the best I have read! I really loved it. it had so many up n downs n at some points I was laughing so hard lol. then u also had me crying. Buffy Angel spike relationship was a little weird but also funny n sweet at the same time. I never seen it coming illyria saving the world! This would make a great Buffy Angel movie
Lakitalover chapter 14 . 2/23/2012
That was a very nice way to wrap up the series. Brilliant. I really like heroic Illyria. I was a little disappointed to not actually see much of Buffy with both her "vampires" in the end, but it was still a very happy ending. Good job keeping everyone very in character throughout.
Lakitalover chapter 7 . 2/22/2012
Wow! That was the most action-packed suspenseful fanfic chapter I've ever read! Awesomely done. This story is great at tying up lose endings and plot holes from BtVS and AtS while still creating some really entertaining new conflicts. I love it. You might want to find a Beta reader to go over this and repost it though. There's no need to let typos, missed words, or small grammar errors detract from a great story, and there are enough throughout that it would be worth the time for someone to edit it. I'm still really enjoying it though. It's very clever, dramatic, and often funny.
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 14 . 12/7/2009
Hoo boy…

Nice bit of work you’ve done here, I have to admit.

The idea of Giles’s odd behaviour being demonically influenced was a BIT of a question-mark- people can make mistakes or act like jerks just because they’re people WITHOUT outside interference, and it’s not like he didn’t have SOME reason to reject Angel’s requests for help given their likely suspicions about Angel’s allegiances and the fact that he never actually MET Fred and hence wouldn’t have much real ‘interest’ in saving her-, but that aside you’ve got some promising stuff here.

Your look at the combined groups rebuilding themselves after the way things were when we saw them last was particularly effective, with Nabbit’s aid providing them with an efficient foundation on which to build, and the new character dynamics that developed were rather effective; what you did with Illyria in particular proved to be rather interesting, and the complexity of Buffy, Angel and Spike’s relationship was explored in exceptional depth.

On a large-scale note the idea of Angel’s actions breaking the spell that deflected anyone from consciously questioning the existence of the supernatural alone was intriguing, but your analysis of the large-scale consequences such as the political fallout and Wolfram & Hart’s attempt to reconnect to the Senior Partners were very well thought out (Even if I’d have preferred someone OTHER than Hamilton to be the Partners’ agent at that point; given that he’d ALREADY died once at Angel’s hands I couldn’t see someone wanting to bring him back to try and do something he’d failed to pull off the first time).

And as for the final battle...

A rather interesting blend of the themes of ‘One last heroic stand’ and a ‘Deus Ex Machina’; it might have been RELATIVELY easy to stop the Partners, but the steps they took to gain the power to do that were definitely very ‘last-minute, all-or-nothing’ chance, to say the least.
JoaqAttack chapter 14 . 10/14/2009
Great story! Some grammatical and spelling jobs, but the overall idea and plot are both magnificent. I'm extremely late to the Buffy fandom so there doesn't seem to be much to find anymore but this was genuine gem to find. I enjoyed it immensely, and you did a fantastic job in keeping the characters true. The story progressed beautifully and I love how it all built up to the conclusion. 10/10, spelling and grammar be damned!
escudo chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
I know I'm late to the party, but wanted to indicate this was a very good story. Started out a bit slow, but after the Dawn/Illyria incident it really picked up in pacing and content.

Very well done treatment of the Illyria character in particular.
David Fishwick chapter 14 . 5/27/2008
Cool story and I liked that Giles was posessed for a short while. Thanks for writing and you are a good author.
Lalaith Quetzalli chapter 14 . 2/17/2008
This was...ah...nice.

Though also pretty confusing at some points. Though I guess that's part of what I liked in it.

I haven't found that many A/B/S fics and I like them, only second to A/B ones.

I think too many people died in this fic though, yeah, I know it was a war and all that, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. So I didn't.

Aside from that, good work.
Anigen chapter 2 . 5/28/2007
this is great buts i gots ta fionish this l8ter
Merklin chapter 14 . 3/7/2007
...Oh...My...God...this was AWESOME! *takes a deep breath* Ok, sorry. This fic was beautifully written, It makes me wish that Angel or buffy had had one more season so they could make all of this the finale. I loved Illyria, you kept her completely in character as best I could see, and the ending your came up with for her and everyone was awesome. An extremely well written fic with dialogue that wasn't jerky like some. About the only problem I saw is in some places there were words wrong or tenses that wer off. Such as "mentally wince at how lame she sounded." But those were the only problems that I saw. Like I said, I enjoyed this fic considerably. I hope the rest of your stories are just as good.
midvalley9 chapter 14 . 12/28/2006
I'll be waiting for the spinoff. If it doesn't come, oh well, It was a fun ride.
midvalley9 chapter 12 . 12/22/2006
(for some reason It won't let me review chapter 13) but anyway, great story, and kudos for ingenuity, this is the most unique buffy/angel season 8/6 fic I've read so far. I'll take a look at your other fics tommorrow.
The Voice chapter 13 . 12/22/2006
wow, that was amazing. Please let there be a sequel, and have the scobies figure out that Illyria saved them.

I'd say this is definitely one of the most cinematic fanfics I've read, And I've been doing it for years.
Dany chapter 13 . 12/22/2006
Truly a masterpiece ! The final battle was epic . I can't wait to see how the rest of the world fared .
rabidreject chapter 12 . 12/17/2006
Good stuff. I missed this story so I am glad you are back. Looking forward to seeing how it ends, though I wish it didn't have to end!