Reviews for Masquerade
Discovery's Daughter chapter 40 . 4/8
Such a beautiful story. I love your writing.
Gyreflight chapter 40 . 6/20/2013
This is one of surprisingly few Superman stories that really builds on the fact that Clark isn’t just a man who feels like an alien amongst humans, but that he really /is/ an alien, and knows it, no matter that he has never really known any other world, any other people than these.

The early image of the Kents is a powerful one - needing to move warily around a child who might maim them without knowing it, who can’t be either restrained or comforted…and yet daring to help, daring to care anyway. It’s a reminder that it took at least as much courage as compassion to protect that particular lost boy, and that they more than earned the respect that their special son will show them all their lives. It’s not just his decency that Clark learned from his second parents.

Your Lois is a favourite of mine, as individual as your Clark, and with a stage presence that makes sense of why this fierce, driven, difficult woman would so fascinate a man who had thought never to stand so close to humanity, but who finds that he can’t stand away from her. I love the idea that it’s her fearlessness that frees him, when he’s always so aware of the potential danger in all that he is, and Lois simply focuses on what’s in front of her and bulls ahead as she always does. (Oh, and that initial Lois description is just too good not to quote: “She had long fingers, a voice that was musical, like hot dancehall jazz and she smelled like oak and smoke and flame.”)

You do a beautiful job of weaving the disparate universes into a seamless whole, making sense of decisions and actions that otherwise might not seem to gel, and tugging emotions close enough to touch.

It was a pleasure to read, thank you.
CloudyDream chapter 40 . 2/16/2013
Alright, this was lovely. Very, very well written, a nice amalgam of everything, and I your characters are spot on. Well done, thank you so much for sharing.
reeven chapter 40 . 3/20/2011
THIS STORY WAS BEAUTIFUL AND MAGNIFICENT, I LOVE IT EVERY PART

CONGRATULATIONS FOR THIS EXTRAORDINARY PICE OF ART.
framework4 chapter 40 . 11/8/2010
Delightful tale. : )
ScarlettOHara chapter 40 . 6/3/2010
I just finished this story and I'm just choking back the tears! I'm in love with this story! Perfect in every way!
1eclecticreader chapter 40 . 7/8/2009
Can I just say, WOW? I mean, there are other superlatives I can use but they all seem inadequate to describe this story. So, would you settle for WOW?

I have to say, I've read some Superman stories before that blew my mind away. This story is now one of them. Integrating the Superman 'verses into a coherent whole and making it even better is a feat worthy of some drooling admiration. 'Tis epic, what you have here. I enjoyed it from beginning to end. Everything, and I mean everything was superbly written. But what I love most is how you brought it all back to the farm and the bees - the circle of life, as it is. It's brilliant.

Thank you so much for sharing this story with us. Everytime I read something special, it makes a difference in my life and enriches me. I treasure stories like these. I'm grateful for the chance to have read it.
metaphor chapter 1 . 5/29/2009
What a fantastic story. I found it hours ago and just read straight through. I have to admit that I'm mostly a TV and comic Superman fan, but I loved how you wove the films together here, building upon and sometimes altering some moments to create this wonderful picture. I love how it's epic in that it deals with the events in three films and more, and yet it's also somehow contained and precise, in that everything happens through the lens of Lois or Clark, going deeply into the characters and the world they inhabit.

I hope you have the opportunity and interest to write more Superman-verse fic one day. This was a delight to come across; thank you.
repmetsyrrah chapter 1 . 3/6/2009
Omg, this is one of the most incredible stories on here I have ever read. The bees at the end almost made me cry and there aren't many stories out there that can do that. Thank you , thank you so much for sharing this with us.
NeverKnownNeverForgotten chapter 5 . 1/19/2009
Wow. That is all I can say. There isn't really a word that captures this. I've never read a fanfiction on here that makes me feel this happy and excited. This only happens when I read actual books but here I am. I can't wait to get to chapter six but I just had to review and tell you. Great story.
t wrecks chapter 40 . 11/13/2008
You did an excellant job with this story
t wrecks chapter 5 . 11/13/2008
good take on the early years
MoriahThePariah chapter 40 . 10/15/2008
HOLY CRAP IT IS DONE. To think at several points I feared this would never be completed. It would have been a gross injustice.

I can't stress enough how delighted I was to see the end tied to the beginning in such a sweetly simple way.

Bravo and congratulations on a job spectacularly well done. *applauds, tosses roses, and wipes away a tear*
batfan7 chapter 40 . 10/13/2008
That was a very sweet ending. The bees being born brought the story full circle and simply made me feel all mushy inside :-)

I love your writing - it's always so full of LIFE.

I don't suppose you have any plans on writing something that involves both Superman Returns and Batman Begins/Dark Knight... (Frienship, not slash) I can always dream.

Anyway, I loved it!
mistressbabette51 chapter 40 . 10/12/2008
Oh, thank you so much for coming back and finishing your story! It was a truly wonderful ending. I could not have asked for a more perfect end!

Thanks, again!:D