Reviews for Scars
Shannanigans chapter 1 . 8/29/2009
Nice job. Sam still seemed to love and miss Jess, but cares deeply for Sarah. You wrote his relief about Sarah's understanding of his scars really well. (If that makes any sense.)
The Kiss of Death chapter 1 . 12/21/2006
This was an amazing sotry.I'm adding it to my work!
carocali chapter 1 . 8/5/2006
Wow, what a beautiful story. I love authors that understand how to write a sex scene. It's so sensual and wonderful. You captured the emotion of how Sam was feeling, but were still able to get across Sarah as well.

I normally don't like first person point of view, but this is definitely an exception. So insightful and lovely. I've always liked Sarah, but I love her now because of the way you've portrayed her. Yes, she has a high brow, but she can still be sensual and loving, not callous and cold as a stereotype might be.

Congratulations on a superb story!

Fireman Phil chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
This is a beautiful selection and you provide all of us with some much desired insight into the softer side of Sam and, of course, Sarah. I think SN fans so very much want her to be part of the continuing story.

As an older fan, I have wondered what Sam's relationship with Jess at Stanford was really like. Your story allows Sam to tell us, as his memories of Jess intrude on these moments with Sarah. At college Sam learned to enjoy the thrill of sex with an exciting companion. I think Jess was a stunning example of what a young California girl raised in the 1970's-80's would be. An exciting girl made in that image would be a thrill for any young man.

Sarah is different. She's not a California girl. She is a more mature young woman, and with her, Sam gets to experience something completely different. He is intsantly aware of those differences. "Night and day." It's not the thrill of sex; it's the warmth that comes with being yourself and sharing love.

You wrote the scene so beautifully. It was all so sensitive, so authentic, so adult and without a hint of becoming tawdry. Good for you.

You've let both charcters enjoy this moment together and leave with unspoken questions in their hearts and minds. I suspect some fans will ask you to continue this story immediately. For my part, I'll ask you to let it be for a while. Let us savor what you have already written. Thank you.
Carikube chapter 1 . 7/29/2006
Oh, gosh, this is so poignant, so beautiful. This is *so* Sam. If he and Sarah get together (and I hope they do) then this is how I want it to be. She is so good for him, and you've captured both of them so incredibly well. Sam's hesitance, his love for Jessica, his confusion about Sarah and about the feelings he has for her. The comparisons he makes between Jess and Sarah are heart-breaking. I held my breath, literally, wondering if his emotions were going to mess it all up for him.

And the love scene was so tender, but not crass. Beautiful and adult and with so much emotion and connection that I couldn't help but read with tears in my eyes.

Then the scars. Oh gosh... that brought me totally undone. I loved Sarah's responses to each, but the fear Sam had that maybe he was being too honest, that he was scaring her, made my heart hurt. It really did.

And then the last scar, the one that is so normal. I smiled, and the earlier pain I'd felt morphed into pure relief. I loved that Sam had something so normal, so stupidly college related and not related to hunting. I love that only Jess and now Sarah know about that.

You know, I don't normally like stories written in first person, but this... this just took my breath away. Beautifully written and so, so powerful. Thank you! Just stunning. Really!
SweetJubilee chapter 1 . 7/18/2006

You've managed to make me care about Sara.

Sara! Someone whom I haven’t given one thought about since Provenance and now . . . I care about her!

Very well done. Very real and full of emotion and thought and understanding and . . . just very good all the way around.
SN1983 chapter 1 . 7/10/2006
Keep going this is good! I would like to find out Dean's reaction if he ever finds out about the table incident.
fairyntoad14 chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
Very good! Hot and Sweet at the same time.