Reviews for Birch Wood and Dragon Heartstring
Kyubi-female chapter 9 . 3/4/2014
Will you continue with this fic? It's wonderful O Please update!
AvadaK3 chapter 10 . 11/25/2012
And then there was no update for five years... Please update? Please?
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 10 . 5/4/2012
~ From now on, anything important - really important - I'm going to keep to myself. And that's a promise.

Agree.

~ How dare he!

Agree. If I were in magical world, I would not use anything which used forcibly taken ingredients. I would begin a public campaign against the cruel exploitation of magical creatures by Ollivander and the like.

Muninn's beautiful.

I admire Professor Icarus Sweet.

~ P.S. I hope Sweet's not too scary for you...

He is quite scary... And it's one of the reasons I admire him.

I used to dislike Minerva for her prejudice against Slytherins, for following Dumbledore. Now, I have one more reason to dislike her: she doesn't give students theory of transfiguration before offering them to practice it, she forbids any use of imagination and punishes for creativity. Yes, it can be dangerous to experiment with transfiguration, especially in class full of other students, but it is just as dangerous to attempt a spell without knowing how it works, blindly.

~ "I'm a first year student who nearly took his head off with a Slashing Hex," he muttered darkly. "Why would he go just because I'm going?"

Precisely because this first year student has both courage and ability to 'nearly take Professor's head off with a Slashing Hex'. I don't know why Muninn dislikes this Professor, and I hope that Muninn is mistaken, and Professor Sweet is not 'evil'.

~ "Be careful of him," Muninn insisted

Being careful of everybody is a good habit, but I don't think that Professor Icarus Sweet threatens Severus Snape.

~ He was the one who hurt mum. It was him... It was him and his followers...

Then how can Severus Snape become his follower later? How can he forget that Severus Snape has a good reason to hate him? Is Icarus a spy, just like Severus would be?

~ Severus hadn't believed a word of it, but he had smiled, nodded deferentially and had said all the right things.

Good.

~ Tapestries were torn from the walls as they flew,

Oh no... Cannot dragon fly more carefully?

Sirius Black and Lucius Malfoy, both in the lake? Brilliant!

~ Yes, you would think I needed help, wouldn't you, you loathsome, patronising, old fool...

Agree.

~ By siding with them, by taking the easy way out

But you have not sided with them. Both Slytherins and Gryffindors were thrown into the lake.

~ on the condition that you do not use your dragon to harm other students

Throwing them into the lake was not harming them. And throttling Sirius Black was not ordered by Severus.

I don't like Dumbledore.

Dumbledore, Gryffindor-loving idiot!

~ While they'd sat there out in the snow, Severus had told him everything. Everything.

Glad.

Sad, sad, sad story... Is there a vicious circle where the best Slytherins have to become spies in Death Eaters' ranks, attempting and failing to protect the women they love?

Good luck, Severus Snape, Icarus Sweet, Slytherins.
Boompow chapter 10 . 9/1/2011
Continue...please.
Kyubi-female chapter 10 . 5/22/2011
Please continue! It's fantastic
Reviewer chapter 10 . 5/7/2010
A bit unusual story - but that makes it only better. :) I liked your Muninn and the professor Sweet, as well as all the happening here. It has been a while since you have last updated, so I have no idea if you still plan to go on - but should that be the case, I am very much looking forward to read on - and discover the truth!
Pawn'sVictory chapter 10 . 4/12/2010
story is a lot of fun. :)
VestriVerum chapter 9 . 2/26/2010
I have already reviewed (apparently) the tenth chapter, so I'm reviewing here (again) because I feel like it. :]

This is really a very brilliant story - is it going to be following canon, or veer off somewhere into the distant horizon instead?

Whichever it is, I hope it does continue.

~V.
YuriyTalaIvanov chapter 10 . 1/2/2010
ARGH! NO! YOU HAVE TO BLOODY UPDATE THIS! this fic is bloody awesome! i just knew that death eater was sweet! o...this is kinda like snape and harry, where snape promises lily to look after harry and he's a death eater spy. sweet is probably a spy too right? haha for one moment when sev was naming muninn and he asked if he liked thought of memory better, i thought he was going to name the dragon "memory"! hm...hard to imagine ollivander all dressed up in armor and such and going to kill dragons
VestriVerum chapter 10 . 9/27/2009
I know this story is on hiatus, but man, you've got an amazing load of words here. This is simply -astounding-.

Wishing you good writing,

~V.
Marie Phantom chapter 10 . 5/26/2009
You must update, this is absolutly brilliant! Well done, so original and well written.
natwel chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
You know I usually like your work, but in this one there are too many long mystical descriptive words, a lot of nouns of 2-3 adverbs each, and it sort of distracts the reader away from understanding what's actually happening in the story, it would be advisable to use a higher verb to adjective ratio, so we can see a plot visible.
SlythCommand chapter 10 . 4/9/2007
WOW! I never would have thought Sweet was a DE (because of what happened to Eileen)but...wow. And Severus facing off against the death eaters, his drive for revenge, the emotions are so great. :D I love this story, I hope the next chapter comes along soon. :D
Iva1201 chapter 10 . 4/7/2007
SPLENDID CHAPTER! I enjoyed it all - especially Severus observing the fight and most of all the end with Sweet. Now, you really can't let us wait long. (-:
Kyer chapter 10 . 4/5/2007
I'm glad you didn't have Snape wipe the floor with those death eaters (and gave Albus a bit of a hard time of it as well). It made the characters more believable instead of giving them some phony God-like characteristics. (Not that I'm against such au stories in general, mind; you just seem to be going for something more realistic here. ...just struck me how funny to think of a fantasy fandom as realistic or not. lol)