Reviews for Zebras Bite Back
Jan chapter 1 . 10/11/2008
That was really well done. I loved the way you set it up and used the zebra analogy. I really enjoyed your story and the length was just right. Thanks for a good read.
spookysister7 chapter 1 . 9/26/2007
so funny!
Viresse430 chapter 1 . 7/1/2007
Yay Monster Kitty! I want one now!
kristen999 chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
I really loved the layers to this one shot. The visuals were very nice, I felt the thickness of the mud, the nail biting cold as it slowly numbed the colonel up and really felt the frustration of trying to move through that type of sludge. You did a great job of taking a nature element and making it a very interesting type of peril.

The zebra theme and the humor elements really punched up and contrasted the tension. What was really cool was the nerve wracking tension, the few inches forward then stunned right back. The mocking of the wraith was so in character for John, between trying to look out for Bruno and the leader on the land, the situation was was even more treacherous.

I liked the idea of multiple sets of stuns, each time that much worse and the cumulative effects. Nice detail with John's heart not feeling 'right.'

He saved the kitty AND took out the bad guy without help, using that clever brain of his. One of my favorites of yours for all the neat running themes.
Deb1 chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
Very well written. It was so Shepherd. I don't know how else to say it. Loved the way he quipped at the wraith, yet never gave up. It was very true to his character. Thanks for a great read.
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 8/21/2006
Awsome story! I loved it! The ending was halirious!

“ Ever pet the zebras?”

Rodney reared his head back. “ Are you kidding? Hell no! They bite.”

John smiled wickedly, and Rodney's eyes rounded over.

I loved that part!
AbsolutAnda chapter 1 . 7/29/2006
that was great!
anonymous chapter 1 . 7/19/2006
*squeals girlishly* Uh, that wasn't me. But seriuosly, loved it!
Maggie Sheppard chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
Very entertaining, Hee Hee! Bravo! LOL!
BizzyLizzy chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
That was so good, I really felt for John in that freezing mud.
Astraldust chapter 1 . 7/14/2006
I've just caught up with your wonderful little John whumping story. Loved the way you handled John's predicament and compared him to a zebra. Yep, I think that fits him perfectly. Well done and please write more soon.
sqwrath chapter 1 . 7/13/2006
“ Delusional, remember? I'm capable of a lot of things right now.”

You always have great lines! :-D

That being said... GREAT story! I always feel so bad for Shep. when I am reading your work. But you always end it so well that it makes the journey worth while ;)
Laura-trekkie chapter 1 . 7/12/2006
Some great Sheppard whumping here. I can see the whole multiple stun thing. I mean, it can't be good to get hit several times when you see the effect of one hit! So that part seemed very plausible to me, as did the effects of the cold and pressure of the mud.

John's thoughts were great throughout as he dealt with his predicament, yet couldn't not taunt the wraith. I also liked the whole zebra theme and how Rodney came up with the same thing. It was good that John got out of it relatively unscathed, considering what his alternatives might have been. I also liked that he made them rescue the cat-lizard.

Great Rodney snark too.
mtee1958 chapter 1 . 7/12/2006
That was a fun story. Thanks. The zebras were perfect.
Padfoot n' Moony chapter 1 . 7/11/2006