Reviews for Broken Mirror
BerryEbilBunny chapter 2 . 6/24/2011
Wow, this was (and still is) amazing. I really loved it and it was most certainly entertaining.
shywr1ter chapter 2 . 6/13/2009
This is SO good - and what a blow to read at the end that you think it's your last? I so hope it's not the case; maybe you're just pooped from all the updating for the Pulse Day posting? (and mega- thanks for that - you doubled our posting load and gave us so much to read! How can you even suggest you won't have more in you soon?)

Even so, what a glorious ending to the Max and Logan saga! Count me in with the others who would like to see the new adventures of Jonathan and Kristin - you would do them so well.

Your fic generally - and this, especially - have such an easy, conversational ease about them; there is nothing forced or awkward in the scenes. I always enjoy that so much in your stories; it's way too rare a commodity in fanfic. And in this chapter there's such a warm, hopeful quality in it all.

"Max had made her final stand, she had married her wonderful and perfect Logan in a ceremony that had been filled with their friends in Terminal City, had promised to always be his even though she had made that promise silently and unknowingly the moment that dark brown and light green had connected that very first night. Max had made sure her siblings, new and old, would be as safe as she could leave them before she did. Max though, leader of freaks and outcasts could never be anything more, she was on everyone’s hit list and always would be and next to her name would always be Eyes Only."

This is just lovely - I know, I know, it's "*Dark* Angel," but these two deserve to ride off in the sunset with a hopeful, happy future ahead. And we deserve to not have *you* ride off into the sunset! Here's hoping you have more for us ahead, after all...

This was terrific - thanks so much for sharing!
shywr1ter chapter 1 . 6/13/2009
Wow- how did I miss this? I'm glad you updated for Pulse Day 'cos I somehow just saw this for the first time and love this first chapter - in fact, haven't even seen the update yet, too much to enjoy & review in this one!

Love the ideas you have here - the 'mini-me' and mini-Zack is great and actually, very hopeful, as it just begs for a multi-installment saga of TC, S2 and beyond. You know I'm not much into S2 but have always liked your version of it. I was reminded of that again in reading this chapter, actually; you have hit just the right notes in the way you present it - stinky, dank, dangerous, one crisis after another; intelligent and glib characters dealing with it all ... and just the right tone between Logan & Max and between Alec and Max. That balance isn't easy but you have it captured, and I could read your S2 forever. And you *know* that's something I haven't said often (or ever?) So let's get cracking, shall we?

The sewers backing up - way to go. Excellent point, and very delicately mentioned. Nice touch!

And while I of course love the interplay between Max & Logan (done just right)we get back to my very favorite thing that you do - your throw away lines, even though there aren't as many since the situation didn't lend itself to them as much as some of your other stories. Still, you get them in here. I think I finally decided what I like about them, they remind me of the throw aways in the movies of the '30s - airy, smart, hip, intelligent lines for characters who are supposed to be the same) And as usual, your best are from Alec:

“Why are you so annoying lately?” her head titled back to him.

“Three weeks, no ass or booze,” he explained. “Back on topic, tell me you don’t think they were on to something,” he asked looking at Max.

and also...

Logan looked down at the apple core he’d caught on instinct, “You’re a bastard,” Logan casually said as Alec was already making his way off the platform.

“Yes but I was a very well-thought out and expensive bastard,” he smugly replied.

And this time, you've done the same thing with visual bits:

“You know,” he said extending out the hand he was holding the apple in to point.

“Hey,” someone called up as a few drops of juice hit their head.

“Sorry,” Alec called down. He turned back to Max, “Where was I?”

Going on to Ch. 2 now- so sorry to have missed this before but great to find it! Terrific job -
Brian2008 chapter 2 . 6/3/2009
Beautiful ending to this story! Thanks for all of the terrific DA fan fiction that you've written and shared over the years.
nattylovesu chapter 2 . 6/1/2009
seriously hope it is not your last but if it is..thanks for the memories,:)
annie200 chapter 2 . 6/1/2009
Well as a final piece it was a goody!Thanks for all those hours of pleasure you gave me.
Marcus Sylenus chapter 2 . 6/1/2009
"Ah yes and there is such a good chance this will be the last DA piece you see posted from me."

Please don't say that! You'll break my shippy heart...:(

Another great story, another great ending and beginning for our me you still have 'it'.
AliasSpyCrazy chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
hey this is really good!

i hope you dont stop here. i'm crossing all fingers here that you arent letting this fall into the unfinished stories hell...this was getting so good so please dont stop!
Babyangel86 chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
Like the whole take on the Max Lily/ Zach David thing… Of course the whole M/L cure scenario is always a lovely story line :-)

I wanna say MORE! but then I might just be acting like a brat wanting more toys… so instead I’ll say MORE E&O! MORE E&O! MORE E&O! MORE E&O! MORE E&O! MORE E&O! MORE E&O! MORE E&O! MORE E&O! MORE E&O! MORE E&O! MORE E&O! MORE E&O! MORE E&O! MORE E&O! MORE E&O! MORE E&O! MORE E&O! MORE E&O! MORE E&O! MORE E&O! MORE E&O! MORE E&O! MORE E&O!

There… You're used to that request :-)
annie200 chapter 1 . 7/16/2006
This was a great read. You dealt with something not often referred to, and i liked the M/A sparring. Alec's trick with the apple core, and his remark to Logan made me lauhg out loud, and Max's quest for a razor and the whole shower/smell banter really brought home the day to day reality of a siege.
Mari83 chapter 1 . 7/12/2006

And this was the only thing I could say yesterday evening after reading this for the first time. (Yes, I did find the right printer;-p)

What a great idea! Or ideas and I loved all of them: What happens to the kids in Terminal City, the thought of how much similarity there is between Max / Zack and Lilly / David

or how different their lives can be…(and Lydecker and wive being their models is a really freaky thought)

Nice to see the different sides of Alec, the outside cocky-ness, not feeling good about Max’s lie to Logan, the thoughts about Max / Zack and Lilly / David...

Love the idea of curing the virus being a pastime to the bored transgenics. And of course the fluffiness-despite-the-virus:-)

Typically Logan to be always involved in live-saving projects;-)

Two especially favourite sentences:

“They’d never been told their age and others only knew around the time the new wave of soldiers had been born and when that wave had stopped, no specifics.

“Max smiled suddenly seeing a very similar image in her mind from her own childhood. But lives and personalities that had once been on the same track had veered in a different direction several months ago.”
Chimera452Bast chapter 1 . 7/11/2006
I enjoyed it. I must say the whole Zack and Max thing is just WRONG. Ew. The razor part made me laugh, i was thinking the same thing when you mentioned toothbrushes, and Logan mentioned a shave. Of course they are taking bets, what else would they do?
Kyre chapter 1 . 7/11/2006
LOL - when Logan mentioned shaving, I immediately realized Max's legs must be rather furry by then...and your subsequent line about Krit made me crack up. I'm cheered by the thought of the transgenics working on the cure - if anybody besides a scientist could solve it, it'd be them!

I really like the original point of the story, Max watching a younger version of herself who's getting the chance to turn out very differently. (I'm creeped out by the Zack/Lydecker connection rumor as much as Max is, lol.) I like the comparison - like looking into a mirror, but not quite.

Nice story. :)
jennyjen chapter 1 . 7/11/2006
Very enjoyable! I wasn't sure where it was going at first but I liked where you took it. Great job!
Maria656 chapter 1 . 7/10/2006
nicely done-like the comparisons between M and Lilly and of course love the cure coming up.

PS-all us M/L people know that's what you write ;-)