Reviews for Getting Eaten Alive
hobbitsdoitbetter chapter 6 . 10/3/2006
well, that was worth the wait! I love the way you write, your prose style is fantastic, and the characterisation on everyone is brilliant. I'm trying not to gush or swear (I'm irish, and swearing denotes affection and admiration in my culture)but whoa! And i realy want to know what happens next...I won't be able to sleep now, lol!
fpwest chapter 5 . 10/3/2006
Wow, very well done. Your characters sing. I won't say write more or publish more often. Instead let me say this is worth the wait, take as much time as you need.

Patrick
MrsMosley chapter 6 . 10/3/2006
I am so happy to see an update to this story! And what a nice meaty update, too. Great chapter, I am truly in love with it. So many things you have to think twice about. I hope you update again soon.

By the way, does moll mole?
htbthomas chapter 6 . 10/3/2006
*gasp*

I didn't expect it to end as it did! I'm so confused and fascinated at the same time. The way the narrative wandered around in time but still kept the reader cognizant of the present crisis... damn.

The whole idea of confession was also a brilliant touch. And you're not done yet, either! Wow, I'm in awe right now...
Kara-El chapter 5 . 9/24/2006
The best fanfic ever. Period. I'm certain that I'm not alone waiting in anticipation of what could happen next. I have NO suggestions; I'm not worthy.
Metropolis-Rising chapter 5 . 9/20/2006
This fic is incredible. Seriously, the grim and gritty approach to everything...It's great. It reminds me of the novel, "It's Superman" in terms of your rich language and the reality of what's going on. I especially like the tragic portrayal of a fading Jonathan Kent...Martha has a fantastic keen edge. On top of everything else, your attention to technical detail is dizzying. Thanks for this and keep up the good work!
kyle44 chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
Man alive! Almost an entire month left off on this cliffhanger! I don't think that there's a scenario left for you to write about that I haven't already thought of. Okay, so that's a lie but I have been dying to find out how you were going to go from here. This is too good of a story to drop here. I really hope that you aren't planning on stopping.
hobbitsdoitbetter chapter 1 . 9/11/2006
Please write more of this, i've been following it for weeks! i know that life has a tendency to get in the way of writing but this is too good not to continue. You've got a great ear for dialogue and your characterisation is spot on. And also you don't simplify what is in fact a really complicated relationship. So keep on goin', please!
Rhea Jediknight chapter 5 . 8/29/2006
This story is really great. I look forward to the next installment. This is really well written. Please continue soon!
randomnessthoughts chapter 2 . 8/26/2006
What took all his strength, what left him trembling and short of breath, was keeping himself from peeling off their handcuffs like paper, lifting her off the floor and cradling her dark head against his chest and saying, “It’s all right, honey. Superman’s here.”

Ah why didn't he just do that...okay, kinda confusing chapter :P
Tairona chapter 5 . 8/25/2006
Great chapter, as always! You've done a terrific job of transitioning between the more emotional chapters and the start of the action. And you're also doing a really good job of slowly tying together all of the details from your previous installments.

And the details are fantastic, as always, like the thing about Clark lacking the human panic response, and his cell phone getting bad reception when he's carrying it (hmm ... is that because he has some kind of force field around him? I think I read that somewhere, as an explanation for why his clothes don't get torn or anything ...). And that was cute that Clark put his fish tank out in the hallway so that his pets wouldn't die ... typical ... hehe. :)

This whole chapter was so dark and desolate, though ... it's giving me chills! I can't wait for more! :D
stillthetooth chapter 4 . 8/24/2006
I noticed after submitting my first review that many people were quoting their favorite lines. I thought this was a nice idea, so I'm adding my two cents:

"In novels he had read, this was the part where the characters went into merciful shock and went home to sleep for twelve hours. It didn’t, so far, seem to apply to the sons of Krypton. He hoped that maybe it did to the daughters of Earth."

This line really captures Superman/Clark's character. He is accepting of his responsibilities and duties, while maintaining completely unpolluted affection and devotion to those he cares for. As you point out in your story, bitterness never gets mixed in with Superman's love.

Your story does what all good Superman stories do: it makes me wish there really were people like him in the world (powers or not), and makes me want to do better to be more like him myself.
stillthetooth chapter 5 . 8/24/2006
I just caught up with this story, and . . . wow. This may be the best fic I've ever read. Complicated, realistic, and emotionally nuanced, it's not just good within the confines of fanfic; it's just plain GOOD.

I absolutely cannot not wait for more.
E Kelly chapter 5 . 8/24/2006
You are producing a really interesting mix of the traditional and innovation here. Your intimate prose has created a powerful budding romance between Lois and Clark, while Lois seems somewhat intimidated by Superman, all of which builds a wonderful tension to the relationship.

Just a few bits and pieces I think deserve special mention:

"Otherworld-weary Metropolis" - what a lovely play on the phrase.

Lois on speaking to Superman, "This is so much easier, with the help of exhaustion and disaster."

I have really enjoyed the way you've pinpointed the core of Lois' character and her evolving concept of truth and how to produce justice with it.

"She looked over at him, thinking of the strength that could bend the course of planets curled up at rest in those massive arms, always ready in the way eternity was always ready." As nice a description of Superman as I have ever seen.

"It was as if the earth beneath her had suddenly turned lucid" - and as if that turn of phrase wasn't lovely enough, "to reveal vast and nameless behemoths gliding along silently that had been there forever, under her feet."

By the end of Chapter Three you have a wrought a fascinating turn on their relationship, with Lois realizing Clark has a front but not having her immediately jump to Superman. Kudos on pulling that off!

The toll on Lois of keeping a secret was also a clever turn, deepening the characters in an original way. To top it all off, you have an interesting plot going. Excellent work!
RosesBud chapter 5 . 8/24/2006
There are no words to describe how good this is! OK I'll try... you write with such depth and understanding of how people tick. Your imagination is amazing and your story is all the more exciting because you have built up the characters so well. Very impressed. Can't wait for your next update.
216 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »