Reviews for Getting Eaten Alive
NickyNackyNoo chapter 5 . 8/23/2006
That was absolutely fantastic! I just can't wait to read the next chapter. Love the Clark character, keep up the good work.
heartnut chapter 5 . 8/23/2006
You have quite a monster here. Wow. I'm enjoying every moment. Hope to see another update soon, but take your time and do your best! :) I like the internal thinking you've got on Clark here. It's really like getting into his head. He's a huge thinker, so I can tell that you spend a lot of time writing and trying to get everything down that comes into your head about how he would approach a problem. Excellent job.
Hellish Red Devil chapter 5 . 8/22/2006
I realize I’m teetering precariously on the border of gushing here, but gosh darn! Each time I think this story can’t get any better, it does-and to think, we’re only five chapters in! I don’t know how you do this; as many have no doubt already mentioned, you write so intelligently, so descriptively, and you weave such an intricate, plausible plot…plus, you keep everyone extraordinarily true to their characters. You should be writing for the Superman comics, or helping Bryan Singer and his writing team develop the screenplay for the supposed SR sequel; you’re really just that good, and this is not meant as mere flattery. Never stop writing, and if you ever write (or have written) an original story, get it published! You're truly an amazing writer; I can't wait for more from where this came from. Cheers!
MrsMosley chapter 5 . 8/22/2006
oh, wow. Still great. I love the message he sent to her pager. Now I just hope she gets it.

And to answer your question, the clarity is fine. I actually followed this chapter a little more easily than the previous two.

Looking forward to chapter 6!
Mr. Beeto chapter 5 . 8/22/2006
This is surprisingly good. I'm looking forward to more.
GladiatorGoddess chapter 1 . 8/22/2006
its good, really good...and not to criticize, I love it so far, but I think the title would be more catchy if it was just 'Eaten alive,' instead of 'getting eaten alive.' It just rolls off the tongue ever so nicely. You don't have to change it or anything, I just wanted to mention that. I love the story, though.
Tairona chapter 4 . 8/21/2006
Ok, this is a little late in coming, but there was so much I wanted to comment on, I didn't know how to begin! To say the least, though, that chapter was _amazing_. You wowed me a hundred times over-everything about it was stunning, from top to bottom. I love how you nested all the flashbacks together; the transitions were so smooth I nearly didn't realize they'd happened. And as always, your writing is absolutely beautiful. Your descriptions and metaphors are perfect, and they're not forced at all. And that ending line was terrific ... so much for Clark trying to keep his mother from knowing about Lois ... hehe.

I had so many favorite moments in this chapter, though, starting with the oatmeal cookies, and then there was Jimmy taking Clark to B monster movies, and Clark cooking with his heat vision, and Perry confronting Clark about him "distracting" Lois, and of course, Clark trying to recover from the kryptonite attack. And your dialogue is great, as usual. I don't know which one I liked better-Clark's comment about there being three F's in sycophant, or about being chewed and never swallowed ... hehe.

And I love how when you write from Clark's point of view, you show just how damn smart he is, knowing everything from physics to anatomy (with that said, you yourself must be a genius to not only know this stuff but work it into a story ...). I feel like that's a part of Superman that's often forgotten; there's so much emphasis on his physical abilities, it's easy to overlook the fact that he's actually supposed to be really intelligent.

And I thought the little twists you put on Clark's and Lois's backgrounds were interesting: making Lucy a nun, and having Clark's dad be alive, but with dementia.

_And_ ... the plot with the speakers, and now the kidnapped children, just gets more and more engrossing. I can't wait to find out what's going on with that, and how the speakers drove everyone mad. And of course, I can't wait to see what happens if and when Clark finally tells Lois the truth. I just love your version of their relationship! You can really tell how close they are, but it's so subtle. It is too bad that nothing else portrays it like this, but I'm glad that you're doing it!

Although I did re-watch the original Superman movies the other day, and memory erasure aside, I think at the core, your version of the Lois Clark relationship actually fits quite well with the original movie version. Especially in SII, Lois seems to be quite protective of Clark, which seems to be where everything really started between them in your story, and they're not really dysfunctional at all. Which also made me realize that Singer turned Lois into a real jerk in SR, but I digress ... _

Anyway, another wonderful wonderful chapter, and I can't wait to see more from you. For me at least, this is, hands down, the best Superman fan fiction ever. :D
Jen K chapter 4 . 8/20/2006
This is amazing! You have completely captured the Superman character. Please update soon!
Daze-dly chapter 4 . 8/20/2006
Oh man oh man oh man. I LOVE YOU. Have I reviewed before? I really hope I have, I'll kick myself later if I haven't. Certainly the my fave fic in the Superman fandom. You've got a great plot brewing here. Can't wait to read to the finish. Love your prose, and the intricate details (you're either a very clever science nut, or an excellent faker!) and the characterisation. Your Lois and Clark have more wit, more heart, more spark than in any other story I've read. Easily my favourite procrastination tool this semester;o)

Classic line:

"He had the disturbing feeling that seventeen generations of Kansas farmwives, bakers of cookies and guardians of all shortsighted children, their own and those born to others, were looking back at him through her eyes."

Keep going, mate! Eagerly awaiting the next chappy!

~Daze
htbthomas chapter 4 . 8/19/2006
My heart just exploded at the end of this chapter... and there were little explosions all the way through. Other reviewers have said so before me, but this is an outstanding piece of work. Why it doesn't have 3 times as many reviews baffles me, really.

I did have a few questions - and forgive me if these are things that are found in other portions of canon, since I am only familiar with the movies, Smallville, and the current comics (not the long, long history) - but Jonathan with Alzheimer's? I would love to know if this is some version of canon, or your own invention. Also, I had the idea that this story was 'filling in the gaps' so to speak, that movies couldn't cover. This last chapter, is it meant to be prelude to the events of Superman II? Or an alternate version of the story, such as the comics?

If you have a moment to reply, I would appreciate it. :)
Lizard23 chapter 1 . 8/18/2006
Superb. This is, without a doubt, the best superman fic I've read. In all seriousness, I was absolutely stunned. Your portrayal of the characters is so in canon and written intelligently and thoughtfully. There are few stories out there like this. Please continue writing and updating soon. Could I persuade you to make this a 20 chapter story? :) Please continue with this story...I'm hooked.
Atlantis Forester chapter 4 . 8/18/2006
Seriously, congratulations. So far, this is the ONLY Superman fanwork I've read that I like. There isn't any of that angsty nonsense that has a nasty tendency to pop up in romance fanfics, and the characters' feelings are delivered in a steady, realistic way that you can rarely find even in professional work. I'll be looking forward to your updates.
E Kelly chapter 2 . 8/17/2006
Oh, this is just brilliant! Wonderfully well-written - your eye for detail is marvelous. Your beats are very well-timed and the characters, spot-on. Having Perry give Clark to Lois because of her compassion and toughness was touching and perfect.

The tone of the story is terrific. You're building their relationship with a great combination of the sensibilities of the comics, the Donner films and Lois & Clark, but with more care and detail than any. Can't wait to read more.

E
Hellish Red Devil chapter 4 . 8/17/2006
Egads, this story! You have no idea how happy it makes me. You've got the essence of Lois and Clark down pat, and it is so refreshing to read; it all feels genuine. I can't say enough good things about this story, so to spare you the gushing, I’ll cut this short-I hope to see an equally lengthy update soon! Cheers!
allymcnally chapter 4 . 8/17/2006