Reviews for Getting Eaten Alive
Neekie chapter 10 . 3/6/2007
I'm terrible at writing reviews, because I only leave them when I've been totally floored by a story, and then I'm too dazed to even think of constructive criticism, or even coherent praise. So this review isn't going to be useful. I just wanted to say that this is my fourth rereading of this story, and it's gotten better every time. I do hope you're still writing.
mak5258 chapter 10 . 2/19/2007
You couldn't have writen this more perfectly. I really hope you add more- I'd love to know what happens next! Your writing style is excellent- intelligent. It's great.

- mak:)
Kara-El chapter 1 . 2/16/2007
Sorry this review took so long.

"I gave you Clark because you were the one I could trust to protect him."

Sums it up in a sentence why no one guesses Clark is Supes - he appears vulnerable.

PS Love your writing style - imaginative and concise:)
Kazuko1 chapter 10 . 1/28/2007
Wow. This was incredibly brilliant. You made all the characters, but Lois and Clark especially, so very deep and alive. I think you've ruined me for other Superman stories. Thanks.

*favorites like a mad thing*
HoVis chapter 10 . 1/27/2007
Wow. What an ending to such a story!

This has simply blown me away. I have had to read that final chapter twice already, and will probably read it again before the week is through. Somehow the ideas which are laced into this story are so much deeper than the story itself, if that makes sense - the truths about identity, confession... so spot on.

Sorry, I'm rambling. Reading this has made me feel poetic! I love this story, thankyou so much for sharing it with everyone on I feel almost ashamed to post my own rather meagre offering of a 'Clois' fic in comparison to your story. I cannot praise it enough!

Fantastic.

HoVis
HoVis chapter 5 . 1/26/2007
Hi,

I have yet to read this chapter and those following it - I intend to savour the experience - but I felt that I had to pause here to thank you for the previous four chapters which I have enjoyed so much. This story - and your writing talent - is incredible. I have been reading fanfiction on this site for several years now and I do not think I have ever come across such good writing as is displayed here. You have a really wonderful style and grasp of the characters and their thoughts. Your knack for slipping in and out of a character's memory is very impressive - the fact that you have flashbacks within flashbacks almost reminds me of the way the Arabian Nights are written.

Well, you'll probably hear from me over the next few chapters, but for now, thankyou and well done!

HoVis
Iarejedi chapter 10 . 1/1/2007
That was wonderful! But where's the rest! I wanna know what happens from here. I really liked this story. You did such a great job with the characters especially Clark. And you seemed to know your stuff about Superman. That's pretty cool. Please update eventually. :D
batfan7 chapter 1 . 12/26/2006
I absolutly loved this whole story. I'm not usually a big fan of Superman (or at least happen to like Batman a lot more), but this is the first story I've read where Clark is written as an intelligent, REAL person and it was just fantastic. I especially enjoyed the fact that it was written as if the readers were not idiots and needed to be force-fed every little subtle detail. Anyway, I can't say enough good things about this and hope you plan on writing more fics :-)
lois lane is my hero chapter 10 . 12/25/2006
That was awesome! I loved it. I love how you wrote Lois and Clark. I really loved it. I hope you write more Lois/Clark fics or a sequel to this maybe.

I loved your Clark. I really did. He was just brilliant and just so loveable and so was Lois. I stayed up till the early hours of the morning to finish reading this. Great fic.
Arhazivory chapter 10 . 12/15/2006
WOW...this story is so...serene, so I dunno. Something about your writing style makes everything so cool. I can't find the word to describe it but once I have, I'll let you know. Needless to say, I really love your story. My favourite line is:

And then, softly, looking back up at her, “Lois Lane, forgive me. For I’ve sinned against you time and again.”

And he took the cuffs between thumb and forefinger and peeled them apart, like paper.

GREAT story.
neech chapter 10 . 12/8/2006
Oh my goodness. I would rave about your utter genius and talent at writing, but at this point in time, words fail me. You are just about the best writer I've read in regards to Superman fiction. I am your adoring fan ever after.

Please keep up the fantastic work and update soon :)
Ol' Dandy Me chapter 10 . 12/2/2006
I was reading over this last chapter again and I realized I'd never reviewed... so I cleaned up my old account so I could!

This is probably the best Superman story I've ever read. You know Lois and Clark so well... I absolutely loved the friendship they built up, Lois' decision not to figure him out... the plot was well thought out and VERY creative... And there was just this tone throughout the whole thing I've been trying to describe for awhile but I can't put a label on it. It's just the right mix of romance and angst, a little ambiguous but with enough content that I was never confused, just wanted more. I don't even know why I'm trying to list things. I loved the whole thing.

I wish I could write like you. I've got these ideas floating around in my head for a story, but I could never make it turn out anywhere near this good.

Ugh, I'm sorry for the rambling, I just adore this story. I hope you're writing more, although if you ended it there I wouldn't blame you... too much ;P
Metropolis-Rising chapter 10 . 11/29/2006
Wow, this is still as fantastic as ever. I believe I've said it before but you have this amazing clean sproach to dialog that gives it this intense noir feeling. Yet despite all of that, your character voices are so straight forward and almost formal...it's fantastic. There isn't a hint of slang or cleverness in a way that is brilliant and uncluttered. Your Lois is great, Clark is equally great. I still love how flawless you manage to make the science behind it all sound...still magical but refined. Complex enough to amaze but sharp and to the point so that everyone gets it. While I'm not sure if this needs continuing, I hope that you do go forward with it. It's very much a story that I would purchse given a chance in a bookstore and for it to be here and free...wild. Thanks so much for this!
Daze-dly chapter 2 . 11/28/2006
Argh, this really teaches me to review when its fresh in my memory! There were bits in this chappy that were just laugh out loud funny and got me going, "Man, *where* does she get this from?" - yet again.

Fave line:

"in designing himself he would have focused less on superior sight and hearing and more on superior powers of concentration."

Classic.

And the last scene, so vivid and poignant - all the power of the universe but powerless to do something so small.

*sigh* I've had to put this story on offline just so that I don't use up all my MB usage from reading and re-reading.

Well, back to bedlam for me. *gasp* you're absolutely right; the next and -oh no!- last chapter is gonna be a killer. I think you can pull it off:o) You've done an amazing job so far, all that talent won't let you down in the final stretch, I'm sure;o)

Til next chappy,

~Daze

P.S. Oh! You're really gonna change that line? *pumps fist in air* Alright! I feel like I've changed the course of time or something;o)
Dsgdiva chapter 10 . 11/12/2006
I was so excited to see an update, and then to find two chapters! Awesome!

Poor Lois and Clark, they are always getting thier communication wires crossed, aren't they?

Excellent job with the dialogue, sounds very realistic. (Not that I know too many people that have been in these particular situations...)

Tell me this isn't the end! Keep it coming! Please!
216 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »