Reviews for Unsolvable
Jinx chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
LOVED that! I'm German, and I feel sorry for everyone out there actually having to learn my language. PLEASE keep writing, stories that have an actual plot are incredibly hard to find if you don't feel like reading about House's various nieces, daughters and other mysterious "females from the past"... ;)
Gnome Ignominious chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
Loved the part about the jumbo Sudoku puzzle :D And I can sympathise immensely with House- I did German GCSE and recently went there. I could barely speak a word of the language, yet I can write a perfect essay on what I want to do at the weekend. Crazy stuff :P

"You studied for twelve years and you can't speak it?"

"No. But I know how to structure a sentence," Wilson added happily.

Perfection :D
everyme chapter 1 . 3/30/2011
This story is great :D Even more so because German is my native language. Ive heard from so many people how difficult it is to learn, and this story just proved it again.

The sentences you constructed are hilarious XD

"Fixen Sie – der – patient. Das patient? Das - kranken - krankes... krankmann. No." I was laughing so hard while reading this.

"Alles ist los," he added with a degree of pride" This one was very funny as well.

I wouldnt want to learn German if I werent already able to speak it. ;)

Anyway, I had a really great time reading this. Keep coming up with plots like thar! :D

greets
timme chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
ouch. i kinda take offense for all the german people out there. piece of advice, don't learn anything slavic or asian; it'll kill you if you can't handle german.

fic was funny otherwise. House is brilliant.
German P chapter 1 . 4/1/2010
Nice :)

However, as I am German, I just need to correct some things the patient said (but well done, as a non-native speaker!):

"Ja, was ist es?"

Better would be: "Ja, worum geht es?" or "Ja, was denn?"; While "was ist es" is the actual translation, you would never say this in German.

"Ich bin im Krankenhaus, nein?"

Little thing: "Ich bin im Krankenhaus, oder?"

We say "oder" instead of "aren't I", "didn't you" or something like this.. And in the informal language, some people are saying "ne" or "gell" instead of "oder". Hmm, I guess I see why German seems frustating for a lot of people..

"Ich kenne Englisch."

You say "Ich kann Englisch".

Umm.. as this post is mostly critical, I hope you don't think I dislike the story, as this isn't true. I'm just correcting the use of my lovely language when used by a native speaker.

And yes, I like the language... while I see its difficult to learn. And I like reading things in English; it feels more emotional that way.
dzio chapter 1 . 6/26/2008
You know, we seem to share the opinion on German language. I tried to learn it a while ago and gave it up after three lessons. It's insane. And seeing as my first language is Polish (also known as one of the ten most f**ked up languages in the world), that's saying something. ;)

Anyway, loved the fic, obsessive House was great, and his reaction to the German bashing made me laugh out loud. So rude, so funny, so true. ;)

"Meanwhile, House got so thoroughly drunk that he forgot his name, his address, where he worked, the chief export of Belgium, and (thank God) the dative form of ‘ihr’." - that line rocks. :)
Spot991 chapter 1 . 4/10/2008
LOL OMFG GERMAN HURR HURR
Chaotic Demon chapter 1 . 3/5/2008
Poor House. XD
uniquechic chapter 1 . 11/21/2007
hahaha! fantastic. and the best part- i knew almost all of what house and the patient were saying. YAY! i didn't waste two years in german! although i have absolutely no idea when to change 'the' from masc, fem or neuter... or what the hell the dative, nominative, and all those other cases are...but really, who does?
sandstar08 chapter 1 . 10/6/2007
”No,” Cuddy responded blankly. “It all worked out well. House didn’t make anyone angry for three days, the patient got cured, and I got three days of peace. And a high-score in Solitaire,” she added with some satisfaction. “Everyone wins.”

every silver lining has a cloud...

*dies from laughter... again*

i realy ought to go study but i can't bear to pull myself away!
Timbereads chapter 1 . 8/29/2007
You are way too funny. I'd appreciate if you weren't so funny so my aching ribs can get some rest. *favorites*
s0ulm8 chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
Spectacularly stupendous! Still laughing!

s0ulm8
XxBookScarxX chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
You know that point where you laugh so hard that you are no longer actually making any noise just a funny wheezing noise, well thats mw. I'm laughing so hard my face hurts, my cheats hurts and I cannot breath. I'd love to see more from you, thanks.
mishy-mo chapter 1 . 1/28/2007
I hate german, it confuses me also - now french, that's a language, a little easier to understand and to 'operate' - it's more user friendly :)
Pelorum chapter 1 . 12/29/2006
This story is sheer brilliant. Not to mention oddly hilarious.

Good job. Poor House.