Reviews for A Smile from a Veil
unslinky chapter 7 . 8/19/2014
Are you going to do a Bailey/Torchwood continuation? I am sure Hartman would have a lot to say on the subject. Great story. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
ihonestlydontknow chapter 7 . 1/7/2010
This has been an interesting read.

Usually we see the Doctor as an impervious, unstoppable force. Nothing can wound him. Nothing can stop him. He's on top of the world. In this story, however, we see an interesting turn of events: the Doctor is rendered helpless and scared. He has no way of escape, and he can't do anything.

What an facinating idea to see. Thank you for sharing.
Whirlwind421 chapter 7 . 11/3/2008
Great story! I love it! Poor Doctor!
Kathryn Shadow chapter 7 . 11/8/2007
Beautiful, lovely, etc.. I really enjoyed this.
Spoofmaster chapter 7 . 11/8/2007
Aww, vulnerable!Ten. I really liked this story, though I didn't think it was really entirely plausible that the Doctor would spill his guts to a journalist at such little prompting, and some of the dialogue was a bit high-flown. Still, though, I liked the look at different human reactions to the Doctor. Definitely faved.
timano chapter 7 . 9/4/2006
Very nice-exciting and engaging! I particularly liked the bit at the very end, with Yvonne coming in. A little twist like that is a good ending (somewhat ominous, after all).
Reichenbach chapter 7 . 8/8/2006
I read this a while back, but I enjoyed your most recent one, I re-read this again :) I'm so glad there're talented grownups writing in this section. Keep it up :)
SciFiLeslie chapter 7 . 7/15/2006
Great Story! I loved how the Doctor's trying to bring down Harriet actually saved her. And I loved how the Doctor got to talk to someone about his adventures.

Please keep writing. Looking forward to more from you.
Templa Otmena chapter 7 . 7/14/2006
I hope that there will be a speedy and equally-angsty sequal to 'A Smile From a Veil' :D That cliffhanger is a killer.

There was some lovely resolution in this chapter. For the Doctor, Rose and the Doctor and Rose. The way that you brought the Doctor right down and then brought the scen between he and Rose back to their usual banter. You characterise them so well in different circumstances- I look forward to seeing much more from you in the future.

Thank you for this lovely piece- I've had a lovely few days, constantly checking for updates, morning, noon and night :D
I-Confuse-Everyone chapter 7 . 7/14/2006
Oh I like that! Very well written and I enjoyed it. Will there be a sequel or is that just a really clever ending?
Sepik chapter 7 . 7/14/2006
Ooh! I loved it! And that's creepy... not Yvonne! Although I do feel sorry for what happens to her in the end...
the-writer1988 chapter 7 . 7/14/2006
Wow. What an entertaining story. This is amazing. It was an amazing ride. I can understand Claire how she would want to improve human science but she was wrong to do it. I really hope you are writing more stories with the 10Doctor and Rose, with tons of angst. Can you please reply to tell me if you're writing anymore or not?

Once, again your a great author. I'm adding this story to my favourites list! And you to my author's list!

MissBlackPotter
PsiGen chapter 7 . 7/14/2006
BRILLIANT! I LOVED IT

Now all you have to do is write a Torchwood sequel

Very nice follow on!

Loved the Doc/Rose. Brilliant
bookEnd chapter 7 . 7/14/2006
Really great last chapter. Love the ending. I can sort of understand Claire...that's quite worrying. But it's a very warped view. No wonder the Doctor was so scared. Loved the interaction between the Doctor and Rose. And the idea of Torchwood contacting Claire is such a good ending.
Tai Greywing chapter 7 . 7/14/2006
Hehe, love the ending. So Claire ends up working for Torchwood? Yup, put her with the rest of the people who just love to take aliens apart to see how they work.

Poor Doctor; we never really see him being all helpless and stuff. I mean, even when he is he just puts on a front and bluffs his way through it.

Um...how did they get the stretcher through the TARDIS doors? I assume they opened both of them, but still! There's steps and it's quite narrow. Ah well, relative dimensions and stuff, if the TARDIS can rearrange corridors I'm sure it can accomodate one stretcher.

Thanks, I suppose there's no chance of a sequel? Ie. set before Army of Ghosts. For example the Doctor and Rose come back to Earth present day, accidentally run into David and Claire plus Torchwood descend on them? Or not. Whatever, but well done on this!

Tai