Reviews for Dying Dreams
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
Excellent!
Charmina chapter 1 . 6/3/2007
Lol, great story! It was so beautiful and angsty all the way through that tears almost leaked out of my eyes, and then the ending just turned it on its head and made me crack a smile! I could just picture Snapes face if Harry ever called him Dad ) And the last sentance was just brilliant! Ridiculous indeed!

Wonderful story and it's going straight to my favs!
dancingkatz chapter 1 . 12/1/2006
Very powerful writing. Your profile says you like writing angsty stuff but I think a better term would be pathos. Angst is something the reader stays outside of, like watching a car wreck as you creep by on the highway. Pathos (from the same root word as compassion) is the same difficult situations and emotional upheaval for the character as angst but it's not vouyeristic. It's done in such a way that the reader commiserates with and is inside the experience with the character. You definitely succeeded in doing that with this story.

I also think you handled the stream of consciousness style very well. Harry's slipping back to age seven and thinking he was still at the Dursley's seems a perfectly reasonable response to a traumatic head injury from falling from his broom.

Best of all, though Harry was obviously confused, the writing did't confuse me. I immediately identified the adults as Mrs. Weasley and Severus Snape. And Snape's line about Harry calling him "Dad" was so in-character and utterly priceless.

Please keep on writing. If your acting and other performing is as good as what you write, I think you'll go far in your chosen profession. Good Luck!
kumydabookworm chapter 1 . 8/24/2006
Hey SM! :D It's me - this is my review in exchange for your banner for If Only They Knew...

I loved the young!Harry POV. Never seen a story from his perspective before.

One error: Uncle Vernon wouldn't say "Sweet Merlin" - that's an interjection a wizard would use. ;)

Great work!

Kumy
Axis of Equinox chapter 1 . 7/20/2006
Good egg! I liked the confused thought patterns- very stream of consciousness. One comment: Snapes's (I'm assuming it's snape) little threat at the end there seems to come on a bit... uh... strong, so, assuming he's not been kidnapped by snape or whatever, you could mabye try to tone it down a bit. Who was kissing him? Will I find out or is this vignette? *gives you two more gold stars*
Jewels chapter 1 . 7/17/2006
I am sorry. I never got the chance to review this once you posted it, so I shall do it now. As I said before, it is wonderful. You really do have a soulful writing style. Every word touches the heart.
MadeleineElizabeth chapter 1 . 7/12/2006
wow... just wow that was great... i cant say anymore... i am speechless
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 7/11/2006
Wow! Very good stream of consciousness-very surreal as well.

Bows.
Skyhiatrist chapter 1 . 7/11/2006
Your writing style is incredible. This is one of the most breath-taking and tragically beautiful pieces of fiction I have ever read. The structure was so moving and the pace was excellent. The content itself was terrible, in a heart-wrenching sort of way. So sad and so unfair. You are a truly gifted writer. -Sky.