Reviews for The Secret Diary
TheTwiceNamed chapter 1 . 4/14
Actually most private high schools in the states (non-boarding) cost around $30,000 these days :-/ At least the one I went to did. Cheaper private schools (generally Catholic/Christian schools) will run you around $15,000 min.
nut chapter 23 . 4/4
wasn't sirius's brother's name regulus?unless you didn't like it and changed it to ,i'm rambling,aren't i?i will story is great anyway.
ryencoke chapter 29 . 3/20
Very good story. I really like how you stuck to the main points of the original story, but added your own twist here and there. There were a couple of parts I really enjoyed so I will talk about them.

First was the trunk. You didn't go overboard on it, it basically stayed a magic trunk. Even the apartment wasn't over the top. I am guessing you used Mad-eyes trunk as a base and just sort of added on to it. I mean we know about the cave in Mad-eyes trunk and about how large it was, so you just extrapolated from that. Really well done.

Also really well done was the amulet. Again not overpowered. Didn't give Harry super powers or anything. Just another great little plot toy.

Hedwig. I love Hedwig. I am still thinking she is something extraordinary but no idea what. A lot of people make her a phoenix and I am usually okay with that. Somehow I am thinking you will go a different way with that though...will have to wait and see.

I love how you brought Neville and Ginny and the Twins into the group to be sort of active members rather than just random sidekicks.

I think another one of my favourite parts is Harry's relationship with the goblins. I always enjoy a story where an author takes the time to really flesh out that relationship.

Hagrid got himself cleared was great. Dumbledore isn't a manipulative bastard (although I will always think of him that way even in JKR's stories). I am sure there are tons more things, but can't think of them off the top of my head right now.

The only complaint I would have are the spelling mistakes of things that are easily available on google or hp lexicon. They are usually obvious enough that it stops the story flow which is unfortunate. So while they do detract from the story a bit, the overall story doesn't really suffer.

Very good story and very well thought out and planned. I see the third part hasn't been updated in a while which is too bad, but even so, the first and second parts are complete and definitely a story I would recommend.

VERY well done, congratulations on crafting a great story.
ryencoke chapter 2 . 3/19
Love the story, the first part and what I have read so far. Only a small complaint. Some of the names you got really wrong, I am surprised since a very simple search on google wold have revealed Firenze instead of Firenzie and now in this one we have Borings and Burkes instead of Borgin and Burkes. In this day of the internet these kinds of simple mistakes are easily avoided, especially because these kinds of mistakes are the most annoying for readers.
G Fawkes chapter 9 . 9/2/2013
Yeah, I'd be watching out for that "gentle breeze" of legilmancy, if I were them. One minute you're being offered a lemon drop, the next your in the private quarters' shower, getting your 'twig and berries' soaped up as if it was Penn State, and not Hogwarts!
G Fawkes chapter 6 . 9/2/2013
I mean it, Harry! Start distancing yourself now, from the little red-head gold-digger (red niffler?) She's gonna' amortentia your ass, and one day you'll wake up and find you're forty, you're in bed with a Molly look alike (shudder), and eight screaming kids are running around your house, and you can't remember 20 years!
(which in the case of a naked Molly, is a very good thing)

Get out now!

p.s. Best thing to do is 'knock-up' Hermione, and then you'll "have" to marry her, and everyone will understand, while no one suspects you would EVER have done it on purpose.

(I'm no seer, but I'm tellin' ya', she's gonna' be HOTTTTTT!)
MSgt SilverDollar chapter 1 . 8/4/2013
Thousands of students at Hogwarts in any year? Highly doubtful since Harry's class had fifty or so, perhaps you meant hundreds.
Lahel chapter 13 . 6/20/2013
Correction: It IS me and my friends in this situation. Object, not subject.
Also, when Tom said: "Now how about we begin your lessons in the Dark Arts" was that intentional? I wouldn't expect him to make a rookie mistake such as calling DADA the Dark Arts.
bearblue chapter 29 . 6/5/2013
Amazing re-visioning of year two. I enjoyed it very much. Nicely done.
ImmortalWar chapter 29 . 4/20/2013
brilliant!
Helene chapter 7 . 3/27/2013
Thank you for giving a reason Padfoot or Moony couldn't make him a new map. That was bugging me! But I'm having fun reading this story.
Gracfully chapter 29 . 3/1/2013
Guest chapter 13 . 2/19/2013
Good story so far, despite a few spelling, word usage, and grammar errors.

Got a chuckle out of this, however:
"I owled my godfather asking him for some reading material for me and my friends ..."

"My friends and I Harry." interrupted Hermione.

Please, if one of your characters corrects the grammar of another, be sure they KNOW the correct grammar. "My friends and me" is the grammatically correct phrasing. (To prove it, drop "my friends and" from the sentence. "... owled my godfather asking him for some reading materials for I." No. It's for ME!
nya mayaha nya chapter 29 . 1/17/2013
Again this is a great story! Please bring back the baby girl that Harry and co saved. And maybe let him adopt her later? Please!
Guest chapter 29 . 10/29/2012