Reviews for Penny for the Guy
Haystacks chapter 2 . 7/19/2011
I suspect there is a Certain cruel streak in you Madam, to halt this story so early in the school year.

As always, your stories are rich and consuming.
nite'starr chapter 2 . 4/25/2007
Very different and very, very interesting. I love everything you write (in the potter fandom, since that's the one I'm part of) and I was quite excited to see you put up a story that ISN'T a one-shot. This piece is less intropsective- tugs at your heartsstrings less, more of a light piece. Still, Harry has quite a story to tell, no? I also just reread "Starry Crown" and loved it. How the mood is set so perfectly in so few words- it baffles me! Thank you and I'm looking forward to updates.
lipasnape chapter 2 . 2/18/2007
Interesting so far. I guess we have yet to hear the backstory (where is Ron, for example, why is Minerva bitter, where did the new Headmaster come from, what are current policies of the Ministry) and what happened to other teachers we know. A few sentences by them might make Hogwarts more familiar.
ladyjulian chapter 2 . 2/17/2007
I'm quite impressed by this story and hope to read more soon. Your Snape is both IC and intriguing. I suspect it will take rather a lot to make him unbend. And I'm looking forward to the backstory on the changing of the guard at Hogwarts.

You're also a fine stylist. It's always a pleasure to watch someone really good at work - esp. when you show, rather than tell.

One tiny note: "eminent" isn't the word you want; it's "imminent."

Cheers.
Serenity Meowth chapter 2 . 2/17/2007
Good! I can see this becoming my favorite.
Scattered Logic chapter 2 . 2/17/2007
I apologize for not leaving a review for both chapters, but I just kept reading straight through. I'm enjoying this very much. Your writing style is wonderful, and I'm very intrigued by the story and the characterizations. Set after HBP, it makes sense to me that Snape would be an extremely bitter man; in fact, how could he not? So his vitriol seems completely in character. Hermione's growth into an adult capable of holding her own against Snape while still being Harry's compassionate friend is equally well done.
Undershadows chapter 2 . 2/17/2007
Looking foward to read more of your story, love the way you right.
whitehound chapter 2 . 2/17/2007
It's very well-written, but at the same time Snape seems very out of character. The reference to him being humourless seems especially odd, since in canon nearly everything he says is humourous (even if it's a rather malicious humour): and since he's half Muggle and he's the one who despises "foolish wand-waving", I would have thought he would be one of the faculty members most open to Muggle ides.
notwritten chapter 2 . 2/16/2007
nice
Dacey Squidge chapter 1 . 8/7/2006
Beautiful. Part one of ten. Let's have the rest then, please. I would really like to see where this goes. You have a great eye for detail, and the skill with words to share the picture in your head with your readers.