Reviews for Birds of a Feather
DalekQueen7 chapter 1 . 8/11/2015
I was so confused in the beginning and the middle, thinking "this doesn't sound quite right..." but your plot twist at the end explained it. Terrific story! The plot twist is awesome.
Pip the Dark Lord of All chapter 1 . 3/24/2015
That. Was. Amazing! Going on my favorites! :DDDDD
Lupinica friggasdoiter chapter 1 . 12/21/2014
Oh shit. Didn't expect it to be thandriul with him.
goldenpuon chapter 1 . 8/22/2014
Nice story. At first I was wondering why Legolas and Gimli seemed so formal with each other and why Legolas seemed unusually arrogant. That is, until I found out this was Gimli was helping Thranduil through the caves and not Legolas. That said, everyone as it turns out is in character and I rather enjoyed the person Gimli was helping turning out not to be who I thought it was. The Dwarven words were nice to see in the story as well.
Zardi chapter 1 . 3/16/2014
Ok, so I thought this story was just so-so until I reached the little trick near the end. The interactions were too formal for Legolas and Gimli, but they are perfect for Gimli and Thranduil! What a great little scene. I am so happy to have discovered your fics!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/31/2013
Nice story. I bet most people thought it was Legolas. I did.
dark11krad chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
I am certain you have received many reviews regarding this, but it was quite a pleasant surprise to find that it was Thranduil in the tunnel and not Legolas. A rather fine twist of events, if I do say so myself! The remarks were so Legolas-like, but then again, as father and son, one would expect a similar sense of humor. (Ha ha.) It was a worthwhile effort in avoiding naming the elf completely. Well done!
rebecca chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
Nice! One thing though, until Legolas actually joined the story I thought that the elf in the beginning WAS him, instead of his father. You might want to mention his name once before they meet up with the others...
Be3 chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
Well-written and just so kindly... I like your Thranduil voice. I was wondering why an elf would be a heavy burden, especially one that more-or-less kept his feet, but I think the king might weigh more than the prince.
There was this subtle not-quite-Legolas-but-close-enough note throughout the first part of the story, and I am happy of the resolution - that it was not an OOC Legolas, but rather his father!
wildmageofgalla chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
OMGosh, I'm such an idiot. I literally had to re-read the stupid "revelation" part three times before I understood what was going on.

Nice job, though. Very realistic, very funny, and wonderful twist.

You had me going the whole time. I never questioned that it was Legolas that Gimli was with in the tunnels. Congrats.
Khelc-sul Renai chapter 1 . 12/4/2009
...That was Thranduil at the beginning? I had to reread that who thing after you started usning names, because I was so surprised and thought I ought to have noticed it wasn't Legolas! There were a lot of hints of that fact there too, that looking back make it obvious, but when Gimli saw Legolas with the light, I was completely surprised...

Well written! Great read.
Emily chapter 1 . 12/3/2009
That was very good. I thought it was Legolas until right near the end, which, no doubt, was what you intended. : )
yamina-chan chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
Now that is something I realy did not expect to happen.

I shall read it again, this time knowing who is talking. Now that i know, I could blame me for not noticing! I noticed at some points, that it something was difftent, but I did not come up with the truth. You tricked me here ;)

It is an interesting story with an interesting twist and something to remember.
crazyroninchic chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
AH! I definitely did not see that twist coming! XD

I absolutely love your writing style, this was an excellent fic to read, a definite favorite! :)
Val Evenstar chapter 1 . 8/5/2007
So it was Thranduil who got into trouble! I hadn't expected that - you had me fooled! Good twist, I liked it.