Reviews for Birds of a Feather
Pip the Dark Lord of All chapter 1 . 3/24
That. Was. Amazing! Going on my favorites! :DDDDD
Lupinica friggasdoiter chapter 1 . 12/21/2014
Oh shit. Didn't expect it to be thandriul with him.
goldenpuon chapter 1 . 8/22/2014
Nice story. At first I was wondering why Legolas and Gimli seemed so formal with each other and why Legolas seemed unusually arrogant. That is, until I found out this was Gimli was helping Thranduil through the caves and not Legolas. That said, everyone as it turns out is in character and I rather enjoyed the person Gimli was helping turning out not to be who I thought it was. The Dwarven words were nice to see in the story as well.
Zardi chapter 1 . 3/16/2014
Ok, so I thought this story was just so-so until I reached the little trick near the end. The interactions were too formal for Legolas and Gimli, but they are perfect for Gimli and Thranduil! What a great little scene. I am so happy to have discovered your fics!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/31/2013
Nice story. I bet most people thought it was Legolas. I did.
dark11krad chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
I am certain you have received many reviews regarding this, but it was quite a pleasant surprise to find that it was Thranduil in the tunnel and not Legolas. A rather fine twist of events, if I do say so myself! The remarks were so Legolas-like, but then again, as father and son, one would expect a similar sense of humor. (Ha ha.) It was a worthwhile effort in avoiding naming the elf completely. Well done!
rebecca chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
Nice! One thing though, until Legolas actually joined the story I thought that the elf in the beginning WAS him, instead of his father. You might want to mention his name once before they meet up with the others...
Be3 chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
Well-written and just so kindly... I like your Thranduil voice. I was wondering why an elf would be a heavy burden, especially one that more-or-less kept his feet, but I think the king might weigh more than the prince.
There was this subtle not-quite-Legolas-but-close-enough note throughout the first part of the story, and I am happy of the resolution - that it was not an OOC Legolas, but rather his father!
wildmageofgalla chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
OMGosh, I'm such an idiot. I literally had to re-read the stupid "revelation" part three times before I understood what was going on.

Nice job, though. Very realistic, very funny, and wonderful twist.

You had me going the whole time. I never questioned that it was Legolas that Gimli was with in the tunnels. Congrats.
Khelc-sul Renai chapter 1 . 12/4/2009
...That was Thranduil at the beginning? I had to reread that who thing after you started usning names, because I was so surprised and thought I ought to have noticed it wasn't Legolas! There were a lot of hints of that fact there too, that looking back make it obvious, but when Gimli saw Legolas with the light, I was completely surprised...

Well written! Great read.
Emily chapter 1 . 12/3/2009
That was very good. I thought it was Legolas until right near the end, which, no doubt, was what you intended. : )
yamina-chan chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
Now that is something I realy did not expect to happen.

I shall read it again, this time knowing who is talking. Now that i know, I could blame me for not noticing! I noticed at some points, that it something was difftent, but I did not come up with the truth. You tricked me here ;)

It is an interesting story with an interesting twist and something to remember.
crazyroninchic chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
AH! I definitely did not see that twist coming! XD

I absolutely love your writing style, this was an excellent fic to read, a definite favorite! :)
Val Evenstar chapter 1 . 8/5/2007
So it was Thranduil who got into trouble! I hadn't expected that - you had me fooled! Good twist, I liked it.
Mia chapter 1 . 4/10/2007
Outstanding story! I am a recent convert to the LOTR obsession. I loved your story! Well written and I like how you didn't know Gimli's companion until the end. ;) Thanks for being willing to write and more importantly post for all to read and critique. Thanks!