Reviews for The Second Time Around
Wander chapter 1 . 2/8
My heart is breaking for Bones reading this...I love all of your stories. I am gonna try to not say wheres the sequel...I am just gonna think that really loudly.
Bergamotte chapter 1 . 10/14/2013
Yes, Pat Foley, I want a sequel for To Begin Anew! I don't want to settle for thinking poor little Spock is trapped yet again in a tortured existence with a cruel, controlling father. Does this Sarek realize his errors and become a model father? Does Leonard McCoy find closure somehow?

In my opinion, after this unfortunate young Spock grows up for the second time, he's likely to return to Terra. He really seems to like that gifted school, and he can probably teach there. Too bad, no sehlats at Cotwood!
Illena chapter 1 . 10/2/2013
Where's the sequel?
I know it's a little late in the day, but brilliant book
femmedecoeur chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
awwww this is heartbreaking! I hope to someday see a part 3 posted... as always, thank you so much for the hours of pleasant escapism.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/31/2013
Ah, how incredibly poignant! I always felt there was so much more to Spock and McCoy than what was portrayed on TV. , please continue and finish To Begin Anew. ..
Karen50 chapter 1 . 8/28/2013
I still think there should be a sequel. McCoy and Spock were in a roll. I really was e jotting the story until it was abruptly cut off. Unfair!
PageTurner5000 chapter 1 . 8/26/2013
I just rereading both To Begin Anew parts and this coda and am still dying to see the sequel. This is such a unique story- please don't leave it undone!
Linvalay chapter 1 . 8/23/2013
-sniffle- time to say goodbye to this amazing fic, I've finished allllll the parts of it in a matter of days.
Carriewhowasreading chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
Thanks again Pat. Some days, fan fiction is ALL I have to keep me sale . thanks for the quality of your writing. Your work is is lifeline.
Saavikam69 chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
Sequel? Loved it.
Katpurr58 chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
Powerful.
six23 chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
I first read "To Begin" years ago, when I was fresh-faced to the Startrek world and all its wonder, to McCoy and Spock's squabbles, and it's pleasant to find that none of the heart-tugging resonance is gone. Oh, there were in both this little coda and the two first parts the occasional grammar issue, some odd sentence choices.

In general, however, I'd compliment your gift for dialogue (natural-sounding) and your ability to pick to the marrow of an emotional situation (shiver-inducing) and just the plain-Jane reality in what you put to words.

But to be more specific, I'd say there are few stories on this website that have affected me at all viscerally, that tugged somewhere deep or real or sad, and this one did it.

For that reason alone, if you can-and I know that sometimes one simply can not-but if you can, do finish this sequence. I'm so curious to see where it goes to.

Eager and waiting and grateful,

six23
TOSoldtimer chapter 1 . 3/23/2011
This is a HEARTBREAKER! Please, please, PLEASE, have pity and post the sequel(s)to "To Begin Anew".
topsell chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
More PLEASE! You have such a wonderful setting here, I'm dying to read more!
AriaJack chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
Hello, I'm a dedicated reader of both To Begin Anew stories. In fact, I just reread them for about the fifth or sixth time. Could you please finish it off? I'd really like to read the end. Please?