Reviews for An Issue Of Trust
Nemiriel chapter 21 . 2/14
Very well written story...although a tad too morbid for my taste..it could dampen a spirit on the sunniest of days...so i stopped reading at ch.21. No offense, just my opinion i thought i'd share.. The character i liked most was Remus... Potter is too stubborn to listen to other's opinions...then there's Snape who is so lost in his own thoughts and musings that only god knows what he truly believes...Dumbledore is portraied just fine and so is Tonks...but you could really lay off Ron and his obsession with food. But overall it's a good story, I know it's no easy task to write one.
Fat Cat chapter 26 . 4/13/2013
Bit cruel of you not to update here of all places but better than what I had thought for the past year when I read this story on Potions and Snitches.

Your characterizations of Dumbledore and Snape are wonderfully nuanced and sympathetic. Snape retains all his bitterness and anxiety along with his nobility while Dumbledore is ever mysterious and manipulative without any ill intent. Remus is not portrayed particularly kindly but it is an accurate depiction and one rarely ever portrayed. I am so very impressed with your ability to construct such a tight plot dealing with a far fetched premise of time travel. Even if your plot and writing were not so well done your fantastic understanding of the characters would be reason enough for this to be one of my favorite fics. It is always a rare and lovely treat to find good writers of fanfiction,

There are several issues with this story the most glaring of which is the unoriginal beginning and the reason for Snape's betrayal. Snape loves and admires Dumbledore far too much to ever betray him. He's rather like an abused child or partner who would endure any punishment for a bit of praise. Nor do I think he would ever dishonor Lily by causing Harry's death no matter what Dumbledore did. None of this interferes to any great degree with the story and it still works oh so wonderfully.
Oldie but Goodie chapter 26 . 1/29/2013
It's been awhile since I've read this fic but I found it on and just found it again here and had to drop a comment, it's one of my absolute favorite fics and one of the first I'd ever read in which Snape played a large part and even now that I've read many more fics featuring Snape as a main character, I have to say that this is still up in the top tier of fics. It's absolutely gorgeously written and I truly do hope you might pick it up again (and that if you do that you still like it enough not to tack on just any old ending).
Hazpotsfan chapter 20 . 1/12/2012
Hmm this chapter was a bit confusing, didn't quite understand the revelation that severus has come to but anyways!
Hazpotsfan chapter 19 . 1/12/2012
Ahh can't believe this is happening! Really hope severus turns out to be good in the end!
Hazpotsfan chapter 5 . 1/11/2012
Ahhh this story idea is awesome! :) I've so enjoyed the first 5 chapters and can't wait to read more... oh and I have a slight suspicion that remus being drugged is what brought harry to this situation!
Guest chapter 8 . 9/10/2011
Harry is such a whiny, annoying little bitch.

Snape: No Harry, dont smear yourself in jam and run about in the street naked shouting 'look at me! I'M A MUDBLOOD!'

Harry: *already out the door, tosses his pants and an empty jam jar at snape

(Latwr, after lots of running away in which snape and harr both get incredibly hurt and barely manage to escape)

Harry'): well...hmph...why didnt you just TELL me not to rub jam all over myself amd run naked amd screaming into the street?

Snape: ...I did.

Harry: Well, you DIDNT say it in any way that made any sense at all and you should have hidden the jam jar and its all your fault we almost died because everything is your fault. Omg snape, you suck! Now excuse me while I go sulk in a dusty basement and breathe in the wonderful smell of asbestos while testing the sharpness of this piece of glass I found against my face for no reason.
Les Dowich chapter 26 . 10/25/2010
Hi

Just an inquiry to ask when you plan to finish this story? It is too good to abandon, that would definitely be a shame. Hope to hear from you soon with another chapter.

Regards

Les D
Phoebe chapter 26 . 8/12/2010
That certainly is an interesting take on how Dumbledore came to have damaged his hand. And a cliffhanger! :/

I can't pinpoint what I like about this story exactly, I think it's everything. Maybe it's just the solid writing. But good stories deserve endings! :)Anyway, do continue it, when you find the time that is.
LadySol chapter 26 . 1/18/2010
Absolutely amazing story. I've been fascinated every step of the way. You are very ambitious to take on such a complicated plot line, multiple views of the future and all, and such in depth portrayals of the characters. Beautifully done really. You have rare talent.
kohmaru chapter 26 . 11/1/2009
I love it! Fantastic plot, great writing, and you really keep me guessing- who is good, who is bad? You blur the lines so well, good men who do bad things, bad men who do good things...and all the men in between. Bravo! I have absolutely no idea why this story has so few reviews, this should have thousands! It's one of the best, most intricate, I have read.
xCecilex chapter 26 . 10/28/2009
Argh! There's no more chapters posted!

Anyway, your story is absolutely amazing! All the characters are so rich and deep and everything is just perfect. It's one of the best Harry Potter stories I've read ever.
Blah chapter 17 . 10/24/2009
You know what really irks me about this otherwise really fascinating story is how you portray Harry. To me he feels as if he is maybe 2 years younger than when it happened. He has the spells to kill Snape like Reducto/Bombarda. He also knows how to cast the Unforgivables successful as Bella told him the secret. Even if he wouldn't be able to do an AK he would definitely be able to do a Crucio to hit Snape while Snape was busy with Tonks and the other guy. And that Harry didn't really try after Snape killed somebody and showed that he truly is a traitor is beyond my interpretation of Harry's character after GOF/OOTP. He clearly knows his awful situation in the future and that everything depends on him getting back. I can't see how he would have any scruples then anymore to fight for it.

You later try to explain Harry's state with the paralysis potion Snape has given him but you didn't really develop how this affected Harry in that specific chapter.

Harry as a whimp really frustrates the reader: This isn't about any super harry but expecting a realistic one to his limited abilities in this dystopy would be far more appropriate.
Iva1201 chapter 26 . 10/10/2009
Just a chapter for me - no Harry or his friends here, just Dumbledore and Snape and your retake on the Horcrux ring scene. I really enjoyed, I have to tell. Especially towards the end, when Snape was trying to protect the foolish old man known to many as the greatest wizard of their age... Everyone has flaws, but pity that Dumbledore wasn't able to deal with the temptation when Severus was trying so much!
Iva1201 chapter 21 . 10/10/2009
I haven't had time to read much of lately, but now I have a weekend off and since it's raining outside and I don't have any books for my studies brought from library yet, I am catching up a little bit here. What a nice chapter - I mean the interaction between Snape and Dumbledore, my favourite characters, especially. (-: I particulary enjoyed Snape's dry statement when he declared to Dumbledore that he wasn't interested in dividing his soul and the declaration of Dumbledore's in the end about trust. Nicely done, really. (-: