Reviews for Making a Sacrifice
I love retellings of this classic story, so funny!
Starlight and Moonlight chapter 1 . 2/27/2018
Nice story, but this is basically like "The Gift of the Magi." Check it out if you haven't read it yet.
AndurilofTolkien chapter 1 . 1/22/2017
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 12/1/2016
This is a good story. I like how you have Aragorn and Legolas traveling together through the river, and that Legolas chased after the branch to get Aragorn's sword back. I especially liked how they trade their own important items to the villagers to get important itens for each other. They must think alike.
Stormcutter684 chapter 1 . 2/1/2015
Awww ... A gift for a gift ! How sweet. Legolas and Estel, best friends forever to the end. But now the issue is ..
Legolas: But now what? I'm stuck with just a handful of strings with no Bow to use them.
Aragorn: Yeah! I got a sword scabbard but no sword! What CAN I use a sword scabbard for if there's no sword?
Hahah lol. So funny. :P :D
Guest chapter 1 . 12/13/2014
Aha I like your LOTR version of Gift of the Magi!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
Gift of the Magi XD

Excellent story there
habjafcvevgbzo chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
Oh it's so sweet. I have to say, though it didn't remind me of the gift of the magi. Mind if I ramble? So in class the teacher was talking about different earns of the gift of the magi, so I just had to pull his up. The gift of the magi reminded me of this! Awesome story!
gginsc chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
Well now they have no weapons at all. The story is also familiar. I recall a story of a woman who sold her hair for a watch chain for her husband, who sold his watch for a comb for her hair. Still, it was nice and sweet.
fullmetalfanatic chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
i like the idea of your story, i don't think a couple of bow strings were worth aragon's sword, and now they are weaponless. i hope they don't meet any orcs :)
ConfuzzledAtLife chapter 1 . 8/9/2008
OMG, that was SO SWEET! I sounded so much like Elle Woods from Legally Blonde there... but it really was! I just realized how overly emotional I am; I have tears in my eyes again, and not for the first time I've read one of your stories.

I was so shocked when Legolas traded his bow, and then when Aragorn traded his sword I was just like, OMFG THEY ARE SO SWEET! I love them so much! Lol, I love you and the plot bunny too, of course, though it seems (thank God) that you've managed to get our little elf and ranger out from under his evil eyes. Lol. Thanks so much for posting!
ShaolinQueen chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
Aww, how cute!
Swami42 chapter 1 . 3/18/2008
Well I'm back and Im awake YAY and I'm reading more of your stuff, what can I say its fabby :)

This story was so sweet :) Lets just hope that they didn't run into any dangers on the journey back, I think even these two might be at a push to fight with string and a scabard lol
Inactive1357 chapter 1 . 8/4/2007
Like Gift of the Magi LOTR style... I like.
Peace Like a River chapter 1 . 7/20/2007
Ooh, I liked this, it reminded me of 'Gift of the Magi'!