Reviews for Moments of Silence
Kat-Anni chapter 1 . 9/8/2014
Hex there :)
Sorry I cant log i. Through my mobile somehow but here goes: I loved it! Woo :D very well told from Johns Perspective, you didn't make him out of character, so he wasn't too bad an asshole but not too nice a person either. I agree that John Winchester was probably fully filled to his head with regrets until the moment he died but his final sacrifice to save Dean was probably his messed up way of making up for it all. So thanks for this fanfic, keep writing :3 kat-anni
HeadSmashedInBuffaloJump chapter 1 . 8/30/2014
Please... You're gonna make me cry.
This was so well written, I am astounded.
Have a good day!
werewolfsfan chapter 1 . 7/29/2014
If only you had at least managed to communicate that John!
KusajishiFukutaicho chapter 1 . 8/25/2011
AWWWWW. Especially since 'In My Time of Dying' is my favourite episode ever...FAV!
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
Very good story, I like it a lot.
Hermione's Shadow chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
aww, that was so sad but I totally loved the way you portrayed Dean through John's eyes, that was incredibly well written, I look forward to reading your other works as well, I'm about to go read the companion piece you wrote to this one _
kalen241 chapter 1 . 12/13/2008
What a beautiful and well written story, had me crying by the end, thankyou
nerwende90 chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
Wow... it was so beautifully written, I have tears in my eyes right now.

You did a really good job with this story.

nerwende
Ditzyleo chapter 1 . 11/19/2007
Really powerful writing. Loved it
NovemberSGA chapter 1 . 3/26/2007
Well written. I loved this. Kind of sad though, I cried. I know it was meant to be and you did an awesome job.

You have John's character down so accurately. This is exactly how I see him. He is torn. He would have been a great father, had circumstances not been what they were that fatal night.

He was having trouble dealing with his wife's death and was a father oftwo small children without a mother. John couldn't be a mother. He didn't know how. The world he had been plunged into had him reeling and he even forgot how to be a father.

John let himself lean on Dean because Dean allowed it. He rose to the occasion. He saw a need and willingly filled it. And every time he rose to the next level, John allowed it, depended on it even. It was just easier that way. For John. Not knowing or understanding, (or maybe he did know) that Dean, his son, would rise to any occasion, not matter how difficult, how impossibly high the standard - because it would please his father. And all Dean wanted was to please his father. To feel connected, loved, needed. Maybe if he reached high enough and long enough. Fought hard enough, his father would notice his son.

'Please see ME daddy. Not a means to an end'

He loved his children very much, but didn't know how to show affection any longer. He believed his son's should know how he felt and due to the danger, should follow him unquestioningly. He forgot though that we are all human and still need to hear it. Still need to feel it.

Dean didn't require much. A smile, pat on the back, a brief hug, a clap on the shoulder, I'm proud of you, I love you even just a simple confirmation of how important they were to him, to his heart...not to the mission at hand. A simple confirmation of "I need you" "You are important - to me, to this family" because we love you, not because your good at kicking demon butt and protecting your brother.

Any small indication to reinforce what he thought he knew. That John was his father, not his commander. That Dean was his son, not his ultimate soldier. That even though things were dire, he did make a difference and their IS HOPE, there is LOVE, there is FAMILY. There may be pain at times, but they have each other.

You reflected on John's thoughts very well. How he sees that even though he thought he was doing the right thing that maybe he should have found a way to connect with his sons. Tell them what he really felt.

Words left unpoken, actions misread all leading to heartaches that never should have been...and now it's too late to set it right.

Thank you for showing Dean the way he really is. Smart, selfless, funloving and good natured. He is a good soul filled with light.

He is very smart! Just because he didn't go to college doesn't mean he's dumb. (He did what he thought was right and sometimes life doesn't hand you a bowl of cherries. Sometimes all you get are the pits.

He chose to stay and protect his family, save his brother from all he could and watch his father's back, doesn't mean he's dumb. Dean managed school, raising Sam, hunting bad things all at once, being a child himself. Many adults would have difficulty handling any one of these things at once, let alone all of it. Not to mention playing triage nurse/doctor for his father as well as emotional support and housekeeper for the trio and peacekeeper between the father and youngest son.

There are alot of stories out there that like to paint John as evil and abusive and Dean as a dumb mindless barhopping drone with no sense of direction or morals. I'm really sick of those.

Anyway, all rambling aside, this is an awesome one shot. Thanks!
SciFiNutTX chapter 1 . 2/18/2007
That was pretty powerful, and extremely insightful considering you wrote it before seeing S2.
irishgirl9 chapter 1 . 1/8/2007
Amazing story! I like John friednly stories. They're a rare find. Great job! Thanks for sharing it!
Nana56 chapter 1 . 12/9/2006
Just came across this little fic today. Really, really good! I felt absolutely ALL of the emotion! Great job!
Alachai chapter 1 . 9/13/2006
The structure and time period of this story is amazing! I must say, Daddy Winchester is one that I love, and especially his father- side to Dean and Sam. It's perfect, and I love the angst, and DT part to it.

-Andrea
somersaulter chapter 1 . 9/6/2006
Oh gosh. I am crying like a baby now. It's that good. I would comment more, but I'm totally lost for words.