Reviews for About a Kitten: Prelude
Guest chapter 5 . 3/30/2014
please write more to this quickly i really want to read more of this
master-moehri86 chapter 5 . 1/29/2011
it's a great, but sad story! i love it. can't wait for more, are you done with this story or is the rest in that other "about a kitten" story?
McGonagall's Bola chapter 5 . 11/6/2010
I absolutely adored this. Your writing is just amazing no matter what in my eyes. You have pulled me into this story, and I cannot wait to read what exactly Minerva's dream was. Did she find herself pregnant? Did she get a kiss from Albus? Did she? Did she? You really left us with a cliffy!
McGonagall's Bola chapter 4 . 11/6/2010
I most likely haven't mentioned this yet, but I really like the bit of lyrics at the beginning of every chapter. You really seem to choose the best every time.

You have described well the feelings, the insecurities that you experience even though that feeling that you 'have to' altogether, while you're standing there, literally jumping or not... Well done. I actually cried at that scene.

"Don't ask me why I was defending him." That's a very commont hing seen with victims of physical abuse, especially when their offender is family or anyone else familiar. And especilaly with children who are afraid... Well portrayed, again.

You have written amazingly good how Minerva clings onto Albus only - it is often so with children that they cling onto the first that found them in any way. Especially in Minerva's situation it is understandable how she wants only Albus who has been her childhood hero, and now the one there to save her. *sighs* Been there. Done that.

Very well written and emotional chapter.
McGonagall's Bola chapter 3 . 11/6/2010
"I've always loved Gryffindor Tower. Even nowadays I sometimes visit it during the night, in cat form of course, if I can't sleep. I enjoy watching the students sleep, and wonder what they dream of." I absolutely adore this line. It is so philosophical and yet so simple altogether.

Talking from personal experience, "For some reason, I didn't want them healed. I couldn't explain it, even to myself. The scars were easily hidden by long sleeves, and I never told anyone what I was doing." that line is very, VERY fitting.

"I'm not entirely sure when or how thoughts of suicide first cropped into my mind. I think I may have read about someone taking their own life in the Daily Prophet or something. But after a while I found myself contemplating the idea more and more." THANK YOU FOR THAT! Here, you have well distinguished cutting from suicide. It is rather true that in the end cutting helps lesser, and lesser. At one point you or hear or read about suicide, and... Good line. Poor Minerva, though.

"Maybe she thought she could change him." That's a very good thing to say/write. A lot of people get married dealing with little disadvantages, hoping that in time these little things can be changed. For some couples, in the end these just get too much...

I really like how emotional you have made the end. I'm curious as to see why. Maybe Albus finds her, and then saves her?

Awesome chapter!
McGonagall's Bola chapter 2 . 11/6/2010
Aww. You certainly have made me eager for the actual chapter with this!
McGonagall's Bola chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
Mmm. I didn't cry reading this, but it certainly was near. I have written scenes much like that myself, so maybe that's one of the reasons.

I really liked reading this chapter, and I cannot wat to get to the others. You certainly have a gift with writing: you convey so much emotion in just the right amount of description, and detail. Your characterization is extremely well.

Good job. Keep writing, please.
moni chapter 1 . 4/1/2010

thats so sad :(

poor minerva

uve done a rele good job at this :)
minnie313 chapter 5 . 3/9/2010
pleaeaeeaeaeasee! could you finish it ? it's so wonderfully written so far...

anyway, have a nice day/night,

To Lazy To Login chapter 5 . 12/29/2009
To Lazy To Login chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
This is the second time I've read this story and I still love it! I don't so much write fanfics as I daydream about them and one of the reasons I liked was because I could branch off so much...did I mention I like this story?
Chocolate-doom-Toast chapter 4 . 9/19/2009
EK that song is always with suicide...I LOVETHIS STORY and I think the suicied bit was rather realalistic I STILL LOVE THE POV!
Chocolate-doom-Toast chapter 1 . 9/19/2009

Anna chapter 4 . 8/6/2007
I'm in love. Simple as that. You somehow manage to make one really understand Minerva in the matter of two chapters - the way you describe her and her situation seems so fitting for Minerva McGonagall.

Though the way you had Dippet and Dumbledore speak seemed unlikely. To me it didn't feel appropriate considering the characters that were speaking, and the year. It had to be some where in the 1940-1950 right? To me it didn't fit in with the rest of the story and they way you've written it. It doesn't 'flow'.

All in all, I'm looking forward to an update :]
Miranthia chapter 4 . 7/27/2007
Wow, this is extremely sad but I like it a lot! It's amazing! And of course, it's about Min so it's even better.