Reviews for Dividing the Bones
alicekinsno1 chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
Very interesting and very sad. That whole idea of Cubone wearing its mother's skull was one of the more confusing points about the Pokemon, but in this context it really makes sense. I love how you gave the Pokemon their own unique culture, and really fleshed it out. I can't see any major typos, so it's safe to say that if there are any they don't detract from the meaning of the story.

It does beg the question, though, as to what would happen if a Marowak had other children. Do they just make a special point of never having more than one child?
dragonsword64 chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
This is such an interesting fic. I love how you depicted the ritualistic reasons behind Cubone's skull helmet. It was so dark yet so believeable in how tragic it is.
Shamanic Shaymin chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
This was incredible... I've always loved Cubone and the sad story behind it, but I only had Lavender Town in mind, rather than Cubones as a whole-I loved that you delved deep into their culture and way of life, and the No-Faces in particular strike me as tragic and pitiful. A dark look into the life of the Cubone-this reminded me of blood sacrifice rituals of the Aztecs. :o
ViolotQ chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
u know, some 8 year old is gonna read that & cry. i always wondered why all Cubones have dead mothers.
Insomnia Isky chapter 1 . 4/28/2007
Good story!
Shadows in the Light chapter 1 . 10/9/2006
That was so sad... my keyboard is wet... to have to kill your own mother... I'm moved by this. And now i know what to name the Cubone and Marowak in mystery dungeon.

Al'xious and Zareen.
Serpent Magick chapter 1 . 10/7/2006
I always wondered about the Cubone's summary...
Marie the Hedgecat chapter 1 . 8/17/2006
Aww... That was so sad... Although I can really picture that happening.
SorcererTech chapter 1 . 7/22/2006
That's so sad. I can't even think of what to put except, 'I'm Speechless.'
swamp monster chapter 1 . 7/19/2006
wow.

that was creepy.

i've played pokemon for years and that terrified me.

i can never look at a cubone the same way now.

you have a magnificent writing style and your word usage is amazing.

i like it.
Sky Korat chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
This was very insightful... I had always sensed something dark behind Cubone's entry. Your usage of words and dialogue was amazing and I was completely immersed in the feelings of the story.

I'm hoping to read the rest of your stories in the near future. With skills like the ones exeplified here, all I can say is that you're an incredible writer!

~Sky Korat~
Aenlic chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
I'm surprised by the lack of reviews on this - I must admit that the story drew me in, and the whole relationship between Al and Jin, Al and Zareen was written so realistically, I could have imagined them there, talking.

A very interesting twist to one of the many pokédex entries, and one deserving of many more reviews. :) I now have the urge to catch a Cubone and name it Jin.

Happy further writing!