Reviews for Rise of the Rokudaime
Mernom chapter 2 . 2/23
Honestly, splitting the seat of the Hokage is a pretty neat idea. It's takes care of the power gap problem, since the probability of all 3 holders dying simultaneously is small. It reduces the individual workload, allowing them more time off, which should reduce stress. It prevents personal biases from dominating the village's official actions, since the other two can veto some stuff. If one of them dies, the other two would retain any secret information that's not logged anywhere, and can pass it orally to the new member once they're up to speed.
Ozuchi-Kozuchi chapter 2 . 7/19/2010
I think you wrote Anko really well! She was just the right amount of crazy. Great story
creativesm75 chapter 2 . 11/14/2008
interesting. poor hanabi. kakashi is a fun character
kellyshl chapter 2 . 2/14/2008
omgomgomg... i loves kakashi! (back to reading white dog)
rouge25 chapter 1 . 11/27/2007
very good, kakashi is goddamn hillarious I was laughing everytime he talks to anko. keep it up, can't wait for an update.
yumeniai chapter 2 . 7/22/2007
Cool, update soon please! I really like Anko in this fic, she's really funny and weird. Please include sasuke in it sometime!
LMK88 chapter 2 . 2/14/2007
That was hilarious! I'm still getting over it and i loved your characterization of everybody! You got their personalities perfectly and it all fits together so well! I love you for this!
LMK88 chapter 1 . 2/14/2007
wooh! I'm sticking to my reviewing promise so here we go, I'm pretty sure Hanabi and Konahamaru aren't the same age so they probably wouldn't be on the same team, but whatever, it was well written so that's all that matters.
Adran06 chapter 2 . 1/14/2007
I CANT BELIEVE YOU TOOK AWAY NARUTO'S CHANCE AT BEING ROKUDAIME HOKAGE! I always liked the idea of him being Rokudaime, but this is a pretty good idea. Techinically i dont think they can call them the real Rokudaime, so that would cause complications with the faces. Which brings up a good question: how the heck is this handled with reguards to the Hokage Monument?

TTYL,

Adran
Drachen chapter 2 . 9/25/2006
First of all, I want to say that this story is great. I haven't read your other two that you refrence (yet), but you've written this one in such a way that I don't have to back track to the others to understand its plot - and that's awesome.

Second, your characterizations of Kakashi, Anko, and Ibiki are superb. You've kept them in character, but you've also added layers that you don't necessarily see in the original. At least, not in depth. I particularly like your Anko because you've struck a good balance with her personality. You make her a bit sadistic, but not TOO sadistic. There's a glimmer of her self-depreciation, but she's not woe-is-me-I'm-such-a-waste every five minutes either. A frequent problem many have with writting her is that she has an extreme personality, so EVERYTHING she does or feels in their stories is way over the top. You do a good job of showing her for the edge-walker that she is, but not making her so pyscopathic that you wonder if maybe she SHOULDN'T be trusted.

Finally, I LIKE the idea of a shared "Office of the Hokage." Sure, the position of the Hokage is a symbol, for all that's worth, but the core experience of a Konoha ninja is the three-man cell they live in as Genin - the embodiment of comradeship and trust. In a world where one of the general messages seems to be, "no one fights alone," what could be a more powerful symbol than a TEAM of powerful rulers that make up for each others separate weaknesses? Sorry, that was a tangent. But this idea is new and fresh (to me, at least) and I can't wait to see where it goes. Good work and stuff! -Drachen
Jaques Rico chapter 2 . 9/24/2006
I dont think it would work out. For a pretty simple reason, the Hokage isnt just an official or an office, he (or she) is also a symbol. It symbolizes Konoha to its people, but also the strenght of Konoha to the other ninja villages. A hokage consisting of 3 people implies a weakness, that the village simply cant tolerate itselve. They have to get a single, strong ruler, who is also supposed to lay his life on the line, should the village get threatened. (Actually that occurence could become quite funny, if Anko, Kakashi and Ibiki had to consult each other about who is going to sacrifice himselve.) Lets not forget, technically the village could also get ruled by the council of elders (and to some extent it is) like they did during the interim between Sandaime and Tsunade, but I guarantee you, they need the Hokage far more for his power and the message that goes with it then they need him for his abilities in shuffling paperwork.

But of course, this means, that if Tsunade cant continue before there are any single candidates to take the job, like for example Naruto when he gets more popular and powerful, the village has a problem. One option would be Hiashi, but in your story he is already dead, correct? Another would be Jiraya, and since he cant duck it out on Tsunade he might be persuaded to take the job. Kakashi as a single person Hokage would also be a possibility, but powerwise he isnt that extraordinary.
Hiron Otsuki chapter 2 . 9/13/2006
That's IT? It's over? I loved this story... *weakly* it can't end like that...
DancingPickle101 chapter 2 . 9/12/2006
DUDE I LOVE THIS STORY!(ANKO'S SO COOL XD) this is like the best story EVER! u gotta update right away ok?

Your favorite dancing pickle!
Paul Powell chapter 2 . 9/12/2006
for the record I agree, but it would have been fun to see how the council would try to get ero-sanin to be hokage again.
Drake-Azathoth chapter 1 . 7/27/2006
Heh. An awesome story. Seeing things through Kakashi's eyes was a real treat. He's an interesting character.

Hanabi's dialogue and actions throughout were very interesting. Her critical decision of whether or not to marry Konohamaru is very tricky... Her feelings seem genuine but not exactly as wholehearted as you'd expect.

The 'message' from Danzo idea was excellent. I can easily believe he'd sacrifice a few lower-level subordinates to make things clear to the Hyuuga heir. It does make me wonder just how much Root knows about her.