Reviews for Trying Too Hard
Ale123456 chapter 11 . 2/23
That was a good story. I definitely have to say that I enjoyed it a lot! Thank you so much for writing this.
They aren't a perfect couple, they still have bumps in the road, they still have problems, but they are getting there. And it's enough.
I don't know if I said that correctly, but I wanted to tell you that I liked this story a lot. Thanks.
Ale123456 chapter 2 . 2/22
Pfft, this story is pretty funny and entertaining and well written so far. I'm definitely enjoying reading it :)
Rainbow-man chapter 11 . 10/28/2009
Wow. Let me talk about win for a little while.

You are an amazing writer. I'm generally tenuous about reading anything Forgotten Realms-y, but WOW. I really enjoyed this. It was sweet, and melancholy, just the way it would be. I really loved Jarlaxle; he seemed to be so perfect the entire time. I was reading this in awe. -smile- I liked Artemis a lot too; haha, it was so odd to think of him smiling though! -laugh- I was giggling like a schoolgirl whenever you said he grinned, because though I could see it, the picture painted in my mind was so... happy, I guess. Your vocabulary was astronomical! Rarely when reading stories do I get so giddy about how people write, but you have such a captivating and intelligent style! I have to say, I'm more than a little enthralled by this. I'm off to read more of the stories you've written; no doubt they're as great as this one!

I'm rambling. -laugh- No matter- You're an amazing writer and I hope you keep at it. I'll be eagerly awaiting your new stories!

Best wishes,

Kyle

*Oh, and do tell your beta (if you have one) that it was edited and grammar/spell checked extremely well!
freak-joy-spastic chapter 11 . 4/24/2009
Oh, this was so good I'm just sad it's over! But alas, i shall have to move on. It's still an awsome fic though, and don't you ever doubt it. Much anime love bye bye
freak-joy-spastic chapter 8 . 4/23/2009
Damn! This is getting good! And hot! Excuse me while I go to read the rest.
freak-joy-spastic chapter 4 . 4/22/2009
Ow, I almost expected a kiss in there! Alas there was not, but i can live with that. The last bit of the scene was just U-ber kawaii though. I'm gonna keep reading -!
Zlukaka chapter 11 . 12/13/2007
This was a really wonderful story! :D I haven't been THAT excited about a fanfic for a long time. I love the way you developed the characters and the logical way of things. _ And great language!

I can't find propper words to explain just how much i enjoyed this! :D

I started reading it last night and just finished and now i have to state it kept me from doing some serious stuff, which means it is really amazing! 8D

Thank you a lot for writing this. _
jarltreri chapter 1 . 12/2/2007
I can't beleive I haven't reviewed this installment yet- the first one, no less! Here's cheers to good 'ol tone, diction and characterization.
Lessiehanamoray chapter 11 . 7/21/2006
That's probably the most in character chapter for both of them in this story. I liked it overall, the way that minds changed and what concerned what character. It makes sense to me too that it would be somewhat bumpy for a while.
hakatri chapter 11 . 7/21/2006
yea and now the real problems start:) They don't know what they're getting into, do they? I guess that's another story though.

I did enjoy this one very much and would like to thank you for writing it.

A short glimpse into unexpected sides of two characters I like a lot. With both humorous and very intense moments.
Lessiehanamoray chapter 10 . 7/19/2006
I like the statement that they miss lunch and liked the various dreams throughout this story. I'm also glad that you had Entreri ask about Jarlaxle hiring whores, that's often seemed to me that that would be one of the problems in any of their relationships. I would also like to say thank you for the quick updates, that was good for this story.
hakatri chapter 10 . 7/18/2006
Hm, food vs. sex. Very hard to decide:)

This sentence confused me a little: "He felt the man rub his hand over Jarlaxle’s right breast" Do you really say breast when talking about men? It kinda gave me an image of Jarlaxle having... well breasts.

Once again the connections between dream and reality are very interesting. Also the denial of what happened and the following decisions and actions, when it became clearer what had actually taken place.

I almost thought it a bit too cozy towards the end, but then there came the part where Entreri got suspicious and it all went back into character.
Lessiehanamoray chapter 8 . 7/17/2006
Parts of this were happy and funny, parts of it were sad. It seemed somewhat out of character for both of them, but not much and not too out of the question. I like the fact that you took the time to develop their relationship and hope to see more, soon!
hakatri chapter 8 . 7/17/2006
Well, that was pretty intense. Never thought anybody could pull off an emotionally vulnerable Jarlaxle and still be convincing. You managed quite well though:) The whole thing is so twisted it actually fits with his character.

The mouth argument and following mental picture had me laugh. I tend to imagine things like that too sometimes:)
Rufio chapter 6 . 7/16/2006
This is getting better and better! You have a fan here.