Reviews for What's Best for Narnia
AptlyAnonymous chapter 1 . 1/11
I enjoyed this story very much, but I'm also a little confused as to when this story takes place. Then again, I'm also not familiar with Rabidash. Because the girls are getting many suitors I would think later, but they mention "until the suitors notice Lucy" which makes me think she is still too young. Edmund and Peter aren't familiar with the marriage traditions of Narnia, yet in "A Blessing of Rain" both Edmund and Peter did a fair amount of research prior to Edmund marrying Kanel and Xati. Peter mentions that Edmund is the foremost Judge of Narnia (and the story references chess and the apple orchards and obviously Narnia has a port - and thus a Navy-) which makes me think this has taken place after "They Also Serve" and "In the Lap of the Gods." Of course the Gamayun did say Orieus would marry... and have kids...

Still a good story though your entire universe is so consistent this one is throwing me off a bit XD
TheChronicler1209 chapter 5 . 1/5/2014
But then it would have been even harder for them all when they left Narnia. Never to see their loved ones again. Not even to say goodbye...
Tauriel chapter 5 . 11/18/2013
I sat and cackled for about 23 minutes when I read this.
Their brothers have tails, and my baby wears a collar; same difference! (go with it)
Could you consider making this into a 'verse of it's own? I'd love to see the weddings!
MJLupin27 chapter 5 . 7/25/2013
Jajajaja I really really enjoyed this! I love Oreius and the whole ordeal with the boys was hilarious! thanks for sharing!
MCH chapter 5 . 6/19/2013
Lovely story about marriage and Narnia, and I do like the idea of the Queens marring their chosen ones Oreius and Tumnus. If it was good enough for CS Lewis to write that Frank's sons to married narnians then it good enough for this story.
Eleutheria Wolf chapter 5 . 3/19/2013
This is seriously adorable. No, really- I never thought that I would really like a story about the Kings and Queens of the Golden Age getting married, but this is seriously wonderful. It's funny and seriously and just a bit heartwarming.
Falln4DarkAngel chapter 5 . 12/26/2012
I could not stop laughing throughout this entire fic! Edmund/Peter angsty bromances are great to read...but can get very depressing and I love reading well-written fics focusing on Susan and Lucy. I also love reading Golden Age fluff.
I love that Oreius can still order the two kings about even though they're about to be brothers, and "self-imposed exile to Archenland" had me lolling. Poor Edmund and Peter. It's not enough that there are thousands if not millions of fangirls after them, along with the eligible ladies of Archenland, and Narnia (just had the weirdest image of Edmund and a dwarf...O_O) but their sisters will be pushing them to get married too xD
all4dobby chapter 5 . 2/6/2012
This story was so fun! It was well written and engaging and just plain (or not so plain) fun!
Austra chapter 5 . 12/5/2011
Perfectly written. Indeed, your stories are by far the best of all "Narnia" stories. Thank you so much for writing.

-Austra
Westel chapter 5 . 7/12/2011
I realize this story was written with a light spirit, and on the surface that is exactly what I felt when reading it. But now, years after I read it for the first time, I realize that this story would have taken place very soon before the Pevensies found themselves back in the wardrobe, children once again.

The thought struck me like ice, and it hit me that the adjustments these children had to go through in England would have been almost insurmountable.

And the Narnians - Oreius, Tumnus, and all the others who had come to know and love these young rulers - what must have they felt when the siblings never returned from their autumn jaunt: days, weeks, months of searching, worrying, then all hope lost, the mourning that followed, the the remembered anniversaries and birthdays - all reminding them of their loss year after year, until time finally took them - centuries before the Pevensies returned to Narnia.

It's ironic, and sad, and I marvel at how such a happy tale can bring on such feelings of grief.
Crazy Dyslexic Nerd chapter 5 . 6/24/2011
Lady Jule, lol. They are all silly! They must ALL be in love!

-Dyslexic Nerd
dreamsofthings chapter 5 . 5/20/2011
Cute!
Baakthatsthenoiseachickenmakes chapter 5 . 5/20/2011
This is the cutest thing! I never stopped smiling, and laughed more than I've managed to laugh in awhile. Great writing, an adorable story :D I loved it.

-Baak
Dreamwalker-Bibliophile chapter 5 . 4/15/2011
I really love this adorable piece of fluff. Ive been working my way through your stories, and I particularly liked Into the West and the companion. Thole was also very good but also veeery looong and more serious. *clap clap clap*
GreyKestrel chapter 5 . 12/27/2010
Fantastic fic, I had a smile on my face almost the entire time I was reading it and when I wasn't smiling I was laughing! There are some fantastic lines in this but my favourite would have to have been "I'd like to see someone tell Oreius he's not married." Not entirely sure why it made me laugh so much but it did. Kudos to you for a piece of writing that is both fantastic and funny.

-MJ