Reviews for The Why
Mma63 chapter 1 . 7/17/2006
You always impressed me. Even with a short story like this,

you have the ability to drag me out of my own world and run through the characters minds. That's I simply loved it.
wraiths-angel chapter 1 . 7/16/2006
this was really good and i enjoyed it!
thatTaylorgirl chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
I really liked this, Chrissie! I had just watched "Friends and Lovers" like two days ago...and had that little convo. between Nick and Catherine in my head! It's weird (a little) to see how much Nick has grown in five years!

I think you tackle it well here...the desire to know why...the difference in knowing why and not knowing! Nick is such an emotionally driven character...needing to know why is what makes his character so special. Nick puts everything into his cases...emotionally he feels for teh victims...wants to relate to them in anyway he can...and knowing why the suspect does something is one way he can do that.

I really liked the ending here too...Warrick calling him...

was a little surprised to see Nick open up and tell Warrick about Kelly's visit...but you manage to cover the instance..."Yes, yes what a miraculous event it was, Nick actually talking about something that was going on with him." season 6 Nick (and every season Nick, really) is such an emotinal recluse when it comes to personal issues..but to think Nick would share this with warrick...would make for an interesting second part to this... ;)

Nicely done lady!

Sarah
weimfriend chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
This was a wonderful one-shot story, really enjoyed it. I think many of us relate to Nick's train of thought,(for our own reasons of course). How many times have we asked ourselves "why". This was written so well, but everything you do is,

Thanks so much

Nancy

Can't wait for your next story, about Nick's first days, please don't let us wait to long. We need more Nick stories
everybetty chapter 1 . 7/14/2006
Nice one-shot, Chrissie. Kinda cool to rewind a bit and enjoy a little S6 fic.

I can imagine that knowing "why" might not mean much to some, especially with the scenarios you referenced - the ones that stun you with "that can't POSSIBLY be the reason why". But despite that, the need is there, especially for those most affected.

Thanks for sharing! Kim dropped me the smallest of hints about your new multi-chap fic. Can't. Hardly. wait. :)