Reviews for Home
wittzy chapter 6 . 7/27/2011
Had to say somethin', didn't I? Although, it's been four and a half years since you finished this puppy off, so it's not super likely that you're still checking up on how it's doing with the ladies and gents. Eh, whatever.

If you still fawn over your mind babies, you might notice that I weirdly decided to review the story, but only after six chapters in. Yeah, I know. What a random number, right? Right.

I was trying to see how long I could make it before I had to tell you that the fic ain't bad (um... at all. Wow). I'm pretty determinedly lazy and bad with words, so... chapter six it is where this strange feedback will go down in history forever (unless you delete your account. Yikes. Don't do that.).

You capture third person form, and the character, and the character IN third person so well that I'm forced to vomit idiotic phrases like the one that is taking shape... the trippy concept that you write House from third person in such a way, I can only describe it as this: you write it the way I imagine he'd think.

If that makes sense at all and you're still paying attention.

Fucking brilliant, basically.
Scarlett Burns chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
This story was absolutely fantastic! Wonderful writing, and a refreshing look into the inner workings of the House family. Thanks for this!
Dimac99 chapter 24 . 3/20/2010
Excellent fic. Seeing House so upset is actually pretty rare in fics, at least the ones I read, which I'm thankful for because it's even rarer that it's carried off this well. He was wonderfully in character and it was great to see things end on that hopeful note with Stacy.
GeeLady chapter 4 . 2/18/2009
Superb; as everything you write always is.

Thanks from a House-starved reader.
editory chapter 19 . 2/23/2008
Wow. I read this story when I was relatively new to this fandom, but now that it's been a while I wanted to come back and tell you I've loved the things that you've published/are publishing in the House world. This story is probably my favorite of yours and even after several months I keep returning in my mind to the scene you describe in this chapter between Cameron and House. It rings so absolutely true to both characters, especially House. The way he makes a statement about the nature of people and then manages to immediately illustrate that statement is perfect. Definitely one of my favorite scenes in any story I've read ever. Just thought I'd let you know.
Daisy1676 chapter 24 . 1/7/2008
It's taken me all day to read this story - I really could not stop, 'cept for that nice four hour break to shop - and it kept me hooked until the end. Wonderful job. :-)
BSEVER chapter 24 . 8/24/2007
I've just run into your story (not quite "run into" actually, another brilliant mind of this site recommended it to me, a big thanks to her) and I really loved it. Many many excellent ideas, a captivating plotline, a writing that combines elegance and wit : I've spent a delightful moment reading it. Thank you.
Lerrinus chapter 24 . 4/15/2007
*applause*

Well done! I like how you wrote House, you got him down to a T!

Amazing writing all around in every chapter, Tidwell! :-)
Aqua Mage chapter 24 . 3/22/2007
Wow. I loved this. Nicely done, yes indeedy.
tcreature Kate chapter 24 . 2/25/2007
I loved that story! I also loved the ending, i hope to read more stories of yours!
NaiveEve chapter 24 . 1/30/2007
The ‘Ghostie’ outside the door was wonderful – such appropriate imagery for this chapter. Of course, everything is perfectly in character.

I loved House’s reflection on the contrast between John’s cold, military parenting style (he really is a monster) and Blythe’s warmth and unconditional love for her only child. I must say that I think House’s reaction is spot on – it is so like him to bury yet another unresolved issue deep in his psyche and let it fester so that it will permeate through his conduct. There is no way he could tell his mother, it would absolutely shatter her!

The thoughts going though House’s mind as he watched Ghostie pacing were classic. I loved how Stacy revealed herself from under that black cape, much to House’s (pleasant) surprise. I thought this was a very lovely ending – I’m so glad that House has one of his favourite people to keep him company and look after him.

Sigh! This story is on my ‘best reads of 2006/2007’ list. You are a truly wonderful writer and we fanfiction readers are blessed to have had the opportunity to read your work!
NaiveEve chapter 23 . 1/30/2007
Wow! What a wonderful, poignant chapter – you really know how to tug at the heart strings. The image of House crying in the toilet stall just killed me. I saw it so vividly due to your fantastic writing. Loved the description of the different types of tears: so clinical, so House.

**"Give," he said finally, sounding much too much like House.**

Loved that – I can just imagine Forman thinking: “this is House in a couple of decades.” Interesting, because throughout, your story has given insight into the subtle ways that certain events have changed House’s outlook, and this leaves me wondering if House would see himself turning into his father, and would want to prevent that from happening.

And this:

**"I'm done watching my mouth." No sooner had the words left House's lips then something lifted from his shoulders, as if some winged creature had come to collect a fragment of the burden that had been with him for so long.**

…had to be one of my favourite parts of the story so far – just beautiful.

I’m so happy that House got the final word and left his father befuddled. The description of John’s reaction was priceless. I’m glad that Blythe too, seems to have decided to take a stand.

The ending of this chapter: House collecting that last piece of evidence to confirm that his father had witnessed the incident was just heartbreaking! This is a fabulous chapter – everything is falling into place nicely (well not for House of course, but in terms of the storyline).
anonymous chapter 24 . 1/29/2007
The day I found this story happened to be the day the last chapter was posted. This is a great work. It's in character, and it's pretty believable. My only comment is, wasn't John House diagnosed with MS before? Why would G House be able to do anything differently? Or maybe G House just suggested MS earlier, and I'm making all this up. Anyway, good job! I'm going to go see what else you have written.
mayfairmom chapter 24 . 1/29/2007
Well...all good things must come to an end...i certainly have enjoyed our time together...that was absolutely positivly the beast FF of any fandum i have ever read...an if this was a slump, i can only imagine what you do when your on a roll...i am so keeping you on my fav author's list...God bless & good luck on your next project...Peace...Vicki
Corabe chapter 24 . 1/29/2007
This was excellent, I loved it! :)