Reviews for Reflection on Mortality
Old Lu chapter 1 . 6/22/2008
Ahh, how nice. It's nice to have the story told from Lucy's POV for a change. In most fics when it's not Susan's POV, It's Peter's so It's nice to give little Lucy (Who was always my fave narnia charater a turn to be the center of a susan-fic.)
Rabid Lawn Gnome chapter 1 . 1/11/2007
Reading this story made me smile, so thanks. Awesome writing again, and I really do love all the detail you put into it. Great character detailing:) Good plot idea, too. I haven't read too many of stories about New Narnia, so this one was pretty unique...
thepawsofaslan chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
Wow! This piece was fantastic. Maybe you could write a sequel explaining just what happened to Susan before she made it to Real Narnia. I mean, she did have to die, didn't she? Also, I think your writing is beautiful. C.S. Lewis writes in a very different way. He writes it like the Characters are standing right there and then like he's narrating it to others. Very different. However, your piece is very good. Added to my faves!
Bitten by a cow chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
This is great! It always made me sad when I read the books or listened to the CD's, and Susan wasn't there. I like this, it's like an alternate ending, you know? Like the kind they have on the special DVD's, and afterward no one can decide which ending they like better. Yeah. This is good. Keep writing, you'll get better.
Maikavasa chapter 1 . 7/14/2006
Your tone is not quite C.S. Lewis, true, but he is rather hard to mimic. I certainly can't. I thought you wrote very well, even if it's not quite Oxford par. ;)

It seems that every Narnia fan has to write something about Susan, nonetheless, you managed to convey a unique story. I enjoyed your description of new Narnia, and found Lucy's discussion with Tumnus very interesting. Especially Aslan's answer not being the one Lucy wanted. I thought you went about making the subtle points very well.

If I had one gripe, though, it is that I think the story could have ended after “No...no,” Tumnus restated. “It’s just...maybe you didn’t hear his answer because it wasn’t the one you were expecting.” It's not that I don't think Susan's redemption possible, it just seemed like excess, like nothing was really added. Or that's how I perceived it, I may have missed your entire point with the ending and thus robbed myself of the story's value. Alas.

Anyway, I suppose my point is good job. I enjoyed your story, and I hope you keep on writing Narnia fiction. Thanks for sharing your fic. :)