Reviews for Not With a Bang, but With a Whimper
Steeldust-01 chapter 2 . 8/15/2006
I don't know what to expect in the coming chapters ( I really hope that there will be more chapters ? ) but this story caught me from the very beginning.

It's sad and angsty...hard to describe. I don't know which woman was with him in the first chapter, maybe Stacy or Cuddy or even Cameron ... I don't care ( and this is strange 'cause I normally hate Housecam ). It's great ! Please keep it up !
London19140 chapter 2 . 8/15/2006
"DIY Sheep", I was thrilled to see something by you - amazing as always; hope you continue it !...Just a little response to

"Armchair Elvis" - Yes, we do indeed have Cracker Barrow in America - just no Tescos (but they are coming next year to CA)
XxPyromaniacxX chapter 2 . 8/15/2006
im so glad you decided to continue. i loved this chapter. i hope wilson will make an appearence ion the next one

:]
goldnote chapter 2 . 8/15/2006
This was strange and sad at the same time; it was like one of those twisted reality stories where, the more you try to visualize it, the worse you feel in the end. Sadly, I would be crying over the cheeze, too, although I felt slightly sick when you were telling us about the ruined cheese. House is the cheese, right?

This was an interesting chapter; I liked the first one better, I have to say, but this was very nice, too! Good job!
Caerulea chapter 2 . 8/15/2006
Possibly the thing I like best about your writing is that it approaches angst/despair (and friendship too, for that matter) from a completely unexpected angle.
Lerrinus chapter 2 . 8/15/2006
*sigh* The first chapter was just so...sad, but the title for it was perfect, I almost couldn't believe House would be willing to live in a place like that after holding his position of Head diagnostician at PPTH. He was so full of life and then so...broken...in your story. I could really feel the angst in your story's first chapter.

The second chapter was also very sad with the squished cheese for the rat with no name. Glad someone helped him in the parking lot, though. Will Wilson make an appearance in the next chapter?

I really like this story, the angst is very well written!
Armchair Elvis chapter 2 . 8/15/2006
That first chapter. God, that was depressing.

But the existential cheese...

Your writing is... something else.

Do they have Cracker Barrel in America?
antiquiities chapter 1 . 7/28/2006
May I just say, that was amazingly written. Leaves one depressed yet dumbfounded because of the style and the images conjured.

I got Cuddy as the woman with him, I don't know if that's correct or not. Just seemed to fit.

Brilliant fic.

-Sam.
Lady Syttea chapter 1 . 7/21/2006
I don't know whether to curse you or to love you. It was so well written, yet so heart-wrenchingly sad that I couldn't do anything but sob. *continues sobbing*
accountdeleted4 chapter 1 . 7/19/2006
So dark and yet in character. I keep thinking Wilson must be dead to let House live like that. Then I remember that you can't force your view of life on someone especially when they want to suffer. I am betting Wilson has experience with this and his brother. Push too hard and he'll disapear. I'll stop babbling. Great job so far.
Caerulea chapter 1 . 7/16/2006
The way you constructed this story, I really felt like I was tagging along with House and his female companion. The details were just that vivid. Like in your other stories, House was in a very dark place, and yet is still "House" despite it; he still fights back against tragedy, finding a way to exist. It is part of what makes your stories unique in the fandom.

And of course, it wouldn't be a Sheep fic without a mystery. Not just "How could this happen?" (Did he finally snap? Did he lose his license?), but also "Where is Wilson?" (Are the post-it notes his? Or could this ever have happened if he were still around?).

This is a remarkable stand-alone story; but it would also make for a great first chapter. Whatever, just keep writing, I beg you!
Tidwell chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
Unusual story. You kept my interest from the start. Well done!
Verity Kindle chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
I hate sad stories, but this one is very well done. I like how you let the little things speak for themselves.
goldnote chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
*tear* Wow, just amazing! I was so depressed, but it was so good, I just had to read it twice! I was very sad when I found out Steve had died... that was the big tearjerker; it shows that House really has nothing left!

I was reading this and remembered the review you left me about House working in an adult shop if he wasn't a doctor! Very clever idea! The title says it all! (It's what brought me into the story, really...)

Great job!
Writerbitch92 chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
*wimper wimper* that was very sad. ireally liked it though. "anybody got a tissue" i loved it.

Ally