Reviews for A Walk in the Woods
Peridot5 chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
You whumped him with a frog. That's just awesome. Granted, it was an alien frog and kind of reminded me of that one dinosaur in the first Jurassic Park movie, the one that ate the big guy that was trying to steal eggs or something, but still…. Good story.
clerical medical chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
The whole sensory deprivation thing is seriously scary to me. I think you got Sheppard's reaction to it spot on though. I would have been a wreck, but he's way more together than I am!
LinziDay chapter 1 . 12/29/2007
Loved this! "Not-frogs." Great name for a creature.
Haleykim chapter 1 . 4/4/2007
Wow, poor Sheppard. That must've been absolutely terrifying! Great writing once again, and you seem to have the characters down pat. Loved it!

X Tristen
Reyson chapter 1 . 9/11/2006
This fic is excellent! It has action, adventure, tension, excitement, humour, the works! I loved McKay's teasing of Shep 'too much Kirk!' (lol), and Shep's protrayal when he was loosing feeling of everything, and his team's reaction. Those non-frogs sound nasty! I really enjoyed reading this, you wrote this tale wonderfully! :)
glocap chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
Great job. I felt myself panicking right along with Sheppard as the venom continued to numb his various senses. Just the thought of total sensory loss is unsettling.
Alasse Faelivrin chapter 1 . 7/17/2006
hehehe - love the not-frogs, and Kirk last words...
Titan5 chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
The not-frog sounds very scary - especially his spit. And Sheppard's experience of being trapped without any sensory input sounds terrifying. I think you'd go nuts if that went on too long. Very good descriptions - you had me ready to panic. Nicely done!
Lucygoosey chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
There was a long pause while they blinked at each other. “You okay?”

I love that line. It just made that whole final scene for me.
Stealth Dragon chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
That was an interesting take on the whole sensory loss thing. Good job.
Jedi40 chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
Wonderful fic once again ga.

And boy Shep sure went through the ringer in this one. Arrows, blindess, going deaf and not being able to feel anything at all.

I can't wait to read what you and your muse have in store for him next.
Maggie Sheppard chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
Great story! I really enjoyed it, though, the not-frogs gave me the creeps! Hee Hee! I can't what to read the next peice of creative writing you come up with! Be sure to put plenty of that delicious Sheppard whumpage and angst in it too! LOL!
Someone Reading chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
Very, very well written.

Dialog, characterization, and descriptive were all excellent.

I think I've watched a little too much Jurassic Park tho from the description of the 'not-frogs' I kept seeing -sorry brain meltdown can't think of the animals name right now.

Anyway, looking forward to more fics like this one.

Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed it greatly.
Linnzi chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
That was fantastic! I love it. I particularly liked the way Sheppard felt as though it was days he'd missed, not hours. I'd imagine it would seem like that with the sensory losses he'd experienced. I'm looking forward to more of your stories. Thanks for sharing!
chokolaj chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
That was a nice little fic - I liked your spin on the challenge to have Shep lose all sensory perception while most writers chose one to focus on. Great idea. Some good LOL moments too. Thanks! :)