Reviews for As Close As Family
HYPERLITE.HO chapter 12 . 9/6/2006
really really great story. Just read the whole thing and I love it! It's not like anything I've read and it's really creative. Please please write a sequel with Suzi in it! I've got you on alert just incase you decide to! :]
bjxmas chapter 12 . 8/2/2006
Maybe I misjudged Jordan. He seems like an upfront guy. So relieved Dean and he didn't have to take out the girls. I could see it happening, cause sometimes you have to handle the unpleasant details and I have no doubt Dean will do what needs done, but it was nice how it turned out.

Great touch with Dean hiding behind his sunglasses and retreating into his own world to sort it all out.

I think you have handled this whole story with finesse. Lots of emotional, sensitive Dean and lots of angst and action.

Great job, B.J.
bjxmas chapter 11 . 8/2/2006
WOW! That was intense. You did a really good job of describing the people and action without going overboard on long descriptive passages. I hate when writers are so overly descriptive that it hides the story and action. You had so many descriptions that I could really see the scene, but it still allowed the story to tell itself. I hope that makes sense, I liked how you handled it.

You also did great revealing the Dean who does the nasty work that needs done and doesn't always like it, but does it cause it needs to be done and who else will do it?

Finally, I was thinking the same thing: Suzi must stop saying "Sorry". I truly hope Dean can bring her back to the happy Suzi he helped her become when they were kids. I am really loving the sweet Dean that Suzi brings out.

I think I have one more chapter to go, this has been wild catching up on all these chapters in one day!
bjxmas chapter 10 . 8/2/2006
Boy, I am really feeling the tension here. I think Suzi and Dean are both going to explode soon. I want to be the one holding Dean's leather jacket when he tears into that Callan! I can just imagine what he is going to do to that loser!
bjxmas chapter 9 . 8/2/2006
Aw, I love emotional, concerned Dean. Great job at revealing his anxiety. "What would we do if it was any other job?", great way to reflect the show back in your story. It brings memories of another time when Dean was on edge in Home. Just the reminder we need to see how fragile Dean can be.

I sure hope the plan goes OK, Dean has so much pressure on him and he really wants to save all these girls, especially Suzi.

I'm lovin' this, B.J.
bjxmas chapter 8 . 8/2/2006
OK, I'm with Bobby, the last conversation confused me. I take it we are not supposed to understand just yet? Anyway, I love Bobby, so good to see him as part of the action.

I'm suspecting Jordon might be bad? I certainly don't think he could turn heads any faster than Dean! No surfer dude would take my eyes off Dean. Dean is the only one who turns my head! But I'll take his comments as modesty. LOL
bjxmas chapter 7 . 8/2/2006
It was a nice change of pace. A little laughter and comradery before the big, bad fight. Dean really is a terrific brother, taking the pain and not turning on Sam. Love seeing Suzi in better times.
bjxmas chapter 6 . 8/2/2006
I think the plot is just heating up, getting really interesting. I love when stories converge the past and present, when small facts become important.

I love bringing Bobby and Pastor Jim into the plot, widening the circle. I'll be following along, b.J.
bjxmas chapter 5 . 8/2/2006
Aw, Dean and John pulling the old switcharoo. Sam is being so sweet and Dean, well... Dean would be any little girl's dream protector. Suzi was damn lucky to have him. Can't wait to hear what happened to her. Later, B.J.
bjxmas chapter 4 . 8/2/2006
You just make me want to hug Suzi and make everything alright. So glad Dean is there to do it. He is so sweet, a side we see too little of. Sam is being great, letting the past die and just wanting to help. Great job, B.J.
bjxmas chapter 3 . 8/2/2006
Hey, I'm back and gonna catch up. I love how Dean realizes he is the most important person to both Suzi and Sam but doesn't understand why. Typical Dean.

So sad they had to leave Suzi, but it should have been in her best interest. Can't wait to see what all happened to her.

Later, B.J.
Tezpin chapter 12 . 7/29/2006
Have to admit that I was glad Dean and Jordan didn't have to kill the other girls - narrow escape for the boys there. I really do enjoy the way you have written Dean - nice work!
Rae Artemis chapter 10 . 7/25/2006
I love Dean, I gotta say it, I love him and I can see him being this protective of a younger child who is adopted into his family, even if she fights with Sam :p It is just painful to see Suzi Q so apologetic and withdrawn, 'cause with the flashbacks we saw a strong witty girl and now, not so much. Looking forward to the next chapter and the ending, hint hint you know what I mean I think.
Tezpin chapter 8 . 7/24/2006
I've been really enjoying this and love the way you are pulling all the characters together. Suzi especially - you write her so well as a good kid that just can't get herself out of a bad situation (unless of course you are planning on having her turn evil and set everyone up for an ambush... Oh gawd, she's not going to get our Dean into trouble is she?)

Kudos for the Firefly reference!
Rae Artemis chapter 2 . 7/17/2006
I'm sorry I know I edited this already and should have said everything there but that bit when she comes out of the ladies room and says to him 'You waited' and he replies 'I promised' I got tears because the kid is just so beat down, sorry but so sad! Oh and thanks for the mention, I COULDN'T let you give up on this one it was too good, I NEEDED to know how it ended!

Serenity for all (especially talented writers with not enough self confidence!)