Reviews for Rachel and Sam?
Terri chapter 2 . 7/23/2011
I don't recall if I reviewed this story before, so please bare with me.

This is my favorite of your "Firefly" stories, and one reason is this chapter. I like that Mal gave everyone presents, but I especially liked Zoe's present. It kinda mirrors what happened between my Mom and Dad.

Dad always liked cows. For over 30 years, cows always showed up in his Christmas pile. Cow plates, rugs, cups, and even a rock painted as a cow were throughout the house. No cow was considered off limits.

Dad ended up in the hospital just after his 69th birthday back in 2003. While he was there, Mom found a little stuffed cow in the giftshop, which she bought and gave to my Dad.

Sadly, Dad died shortly after. My Mom has the cow on her bed, and sleeps with it.

So thank you for this chapter especially. It brought up nice memories of my Dad, cows, and dinosaurs.
Terri chapter 2 . 11/8/2008
I just had to write to you and tell you how much I love this story so far. Though I haven't finished it yet, I wished to tell you how much I liked this chapter. I have a reason for liking it.

Five years ago, my Dad collapsed in Virginia, and was taken to a hospital. He seemed to be getting better. Mom bought him a little stuffed cow to sleep with at night. (Cows were a common present to my Dad.)

Sadly, Dad died at the end of the week. Mom keeps the little cow on her bed.

So the dinosaur that Zoe recieved from Mal really got me.

Thank you for this story.

Terri
cherryblossomjen chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
Brilliant chapter. I love it.

My one request would be to have an additional line of spacing between paragraphs and dialogue...
RionaEire chapter 5 . 8/24/2008
Late at night, can't write long. Liked chapters 4 and 5 best, liked the doll makers and dolls stuff, liked the new familial titles, didn't like two and three, not as interesting though glad Zoe was expecting. Thought one was odd but fine though I'd not trust anyone from the Alliance as Mal did, could be a trick.

Riona
Kamp chapter 5 . 2/22/2008
cute story. i love how river confronted her mother. poor simon. the cousin jayne thing made me laugh.
Kaylee Tam chapter 5 . 8/12/2007
It's so sweet.

All of the 'famillial' roles on the ship are pretty much as I imagined River would think. I love this story!

_
Terri Spencer chapter 5 . 1/26/2007
I am new to reading "Firefly" fanfiction, and I really loved this story. I have more then one reason to also.

I loved the gift giving, especially when the Captain gave Zoe that stuffed dinosaur. The reason is that when my Dad was in the hospital that last time, my mother bought him a soft stuffed cow to keep with him when he was in the hospital.

Sadly, Dad never got to use it. He died a day or so later. Mom kept the little stuffed cow, and slept with it for a long time.

Thank you for giving me a happy memory through your story.
Sapphyre Blu chapter 5 . 12/31/2006
Just found this one. Great story. You did very good with all the characters :):)
Harm Marie chapter 5 . 12/6/2006
Good ending.
tvnerdgirl chapter 4 . 11/16/2006
ACK! SO SO SAD! I LOVE how you have River's speech just perfect. The bit about the broken dolls is just so HER. And having her appear to her mother was probably a safer bet than the father as I doubt the father would keep quiet. He'd probably just sell them out again. SO SO SAD. Poor River. Poor Simon. *sniffle*
tvnerdgirl chapter 3 . 11/16/2006
Pretty sad when you have to plan a break in to your own house...
tvnerdgirl chapter 2 . 11/16/2006
OK, first of all, sorry it took me so long to review...second of all I didn't notice any spelling mistakes at all and third of all it's not my fault if I was away in Scotland so nyah ;) Incidentally the presents were perfect...the dinasaur was just so...sad *sniffle*. And E she's pregnant! I never even thought of what they would tell their parents...awesome job.
NenyaVilyaNenya chapter 4 . 10/30/2006
it frightens me how their parents can be so caught up in the Alliance world that they refused (and still refuse in the case of their father) that it isn't good.
Harm Marie chapter 4 . 10/22/2006
Sad.
AngusH chapter 3 . 10/19/2006
great story. It was interesting to see an alliance official being nice for once :-)