Reviews for Differences of Opinion
bigguy204 chapter 1 . 6/2/2007
Wow, that's quite the different picture you're painting of Eowyn! I never thought she had emotional cruelty in her, much less towards her only daughter! But then again, being forced to or simply giving up on one's dreams might make the bravest and most noble person bitter and resentful...

It's well written, of course, but I hope you don't mind if I tell you that I much prefer "Strength of Steel" over this story, simply because where this story is a.) mostly negative (as of yet), SoS is all about optimism and possibilities; b.) I'm not really one for stories where children are the main characters...

Still, well done!
MoonlitPuddle chapter 1 . 2/7/2007
Eh,this is ,Eowyn was pretty icy at times,and she could have found it difficult to be a mother...good job!Hope you continue soon!
Mamacita-san chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
this is very good-i definitely hope to see more! it's well written and an easy read. i can see it all so clearly in my mind! always thought there should be more to eowyn's story than she got. so keep going!
Southern Gaelic chapter 1 . 7/17/2006
I like this direction.

But I agree with your last reviewer. A few more tragedies in Alysa's like and she may end up looking like a wangsty ofc.

Aside from that, I can imagine Eowyn's child feeling overshadowed by her mother and desperately trying to seek approval.

Like I said, I like this plot, but perhaps if Alysa wasn't so reviled?
Finduilas88 chapter 1 . 7/16/2006
The idea of this story is interesting, and I see you've written others where Eowyn is not happy in her marriage to Faramir.

However, I'd find it more believable if Alysa wasn't *quite* so put upon. It seems a bit over the top for Eowyn to be so hateful and cold, and to have the disfigurement as well. What's next, being kidnapped by Orcs?

By the way, what's the deal with 'women aren't allowed to ride horses'? There is no indication that there was any such rule in Gondor or Rohan...is this a rule imposed by Faramir, (seems unlikely, unless this Faramir is very different from Tolkien's) or Eowyn in her bitternes?
gem77 chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
This is really good. Eowyn is so mean though, update soon!
Dddppdd chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
*cries* This bit just broke my heart: Slow tears crept down her face. "Mother hates me. She wants me to die. I killed my sister and I'm ugly."

Her father's hand paused. "And you're right child. You did kill your sister, and you are ugly. Your mother never wants to see your face again. Wake up and run."

Sad! I love this story! Please continue it!