Reviews for Ruby Throat
Hi, ok, after reading some extatic reviews I started reading this story, but I'm afraid I had to stop.
In this story, Riza Hawkeye is in love with Roy Mustang, and he with her. But they apparently are not able to talk to each other about it and agree on a mutual course of action?!
Instead, Riza is inexplicably pregnant by some other man, and the entire situation is completely bizarre and out of character (in my opinion).
I think: If Riza is in love with Roy, why would she consent to have sex with another man? The Riza I know and love has more backbone and personal integrity than that!
And if she was raped, why would she stay quiet and not do anything about it? It makes no sense, it is unacceptable! The Riza I know and love is strong, not some submissive damsel in distress that needs to be saved!
Sorry, rant over, but I am really disappointed!
etherealethos chapter 15 . 1/2
Such a well written story! It flowed very well and kept my interest peaked
One with the Wind chapter 15 . 4/24/2015
Loved everything about this! It was exactly what I was looking for!
themusicalbookworm chapter 15 . 3/7/2015
I know you likely haven't revisited this in years, but on the off-chance you do, I'd like to leave this for you. Because it doesn't seem right that I can be so enraptured by your story that I'm finishing it at 3:39 AM, and you not know about it.
Firstly, MY SWEET GOD YOU ARE SUCH A FANTASTIC WRITER. A lot of this sounded like poetry. It was beautiful. One of the best written, if not the best written, fics I've ever read. I can just imagine how great you are now, a few years after you've finished this. I truly hope you're still writing. I hope to read a published book of yours someday.
The story was extremely gripping and stunningly in-character. Even with a few of your tweaks, it still felt remarkably canon. Those are my favorite fics to read. You did such a good job. I heard the character voices effortlessly in my head.
I felt gushy and warm when appropriate, laughed out loud when it was comedic, and felt deeply saddened and anxious when the scene warranted it. Your writing emotes so viscerally.
Thank you for making my sick day in so lovely. Reading this was an awesome way to spend it. You're phenomenal! I hope you write a book one day!
BreadStarz chapter 1 . 1/27/2015
Wahhh this is super cute! All your stories are really good :)
waddiwasiwitch chapter 15 . 1/11/2015
Great story. I really enjoyed it. That epilogue was a nice bookend to the beginning. Bravo!
pamelaanderson chapter 15 . 11/28/2014
Thrills and Frills chapter 15 . 10/31/2014
I only just realised that this story had been finished. Well done! This review is probably a bit late, but I just wanted to say that I'm glad you managed to pull it all together in the end after a big hiatus. Your commitment is awesome. This has always been one of my favourite Royai fics, and I had fun refreshing my memory, rereading it again from the start and seeing it concluded nicely after all these years. I enjoyed how the epilogue tied everything together full-circle, and the addition of it being from Ed's POV made it a bit of a treat.

roy's humour chapter 13 . 10/11/2014
id like to say that although id dont agree with everything you've done to the characters, you are a talented writer. you are really good at one shots and little vignettes and you always make them really cute and funny. look forward to seeing more work from you
royaini chapter 13 . 10/11/2014
you made riza seem like such a stupid ignorant girl who would allow men to just use her like that. 18 and being lonely is not an excuse for destroying a strong character's dignity. the riza from the show would never allow a married man to do her. get it right. mustang is also smarter than you make him out to be and he would probably use the coup against the fuhrer to somehow kill hakuro, or at least use something smarter
rebecamontiel chapter 15 . 9/24/2014
I'm so happy you got around to finishing this story. Thank you so much for it, and thanks to every single reviewer that kept you going in the end. This was beautiful, and I'm so happy I could ready it "back to back" when it was already finished. The anticipation would've killed me. I can't believe you were 18 when you first started writing it. Though your writing is better in the end, it's really good in the begining, I was shocked! So congrats for an amazing and beautiful story and for being such a talented woman.

Again, thanks for this story! :)
I have to work now, since I read till 3 am last night, slept a little and now it's 9:30 am and I haven't started working, your story is just that good :)
mixmax300 chapter 15 . 8/18/2014
Wow! I read this for the second time! Man, that was crazy! I really love your writing! The first time I read this story it was about a year ago I think... Maybe a little less. But I barely remembered this story when I started reading. Every scene and moment captivated me. Even though they aren't your characters that you made, you certainly did a fantastic job with going into their emotions! I am so glad I read this story again!
Tsuki chapter 15 . 5/22/2014
Beautifully crafted story.
TheVictoriousMC chapter 2 . 5/4/2014
Guest chapter 15 . 5/3/2014
Oh my gosh. I would LOVE to see Al ask Roy about second base. That would be HILARIOUS.