Reviews for Pearls That Were His Eyes
waddiwasiwitch chapter 1 . 12/14/2014
Heartbreaking little missing scene.
mebh chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
Perfectly written piece. I like the temporal changes and especially love your chracterisation.

You depict the strength and sometimes darkness of the unique friendship and the particular brand of loss Roy feels.

Superb.
BAFFDWTWFMAfan chapter 1 . 9/28/2007
Wow. Another fantastic story. I've toyed with the idea of tackling this subject (How did Roy learn Maes was dead?), but it's too damn depressing. You did a wonderful job.
Perennial Rhinitis chapter 1 . 5/16/2007
Painful. Simply painful. Episode 25 always gets me teary-eyed whenever I get to watch reruns of Fullmetal Alchemist.
Marz1 chapter 1 . 11/2/2006
this was a very sad little ficlet. Good job with the angst and depression. I know its a bummer that Hughes is dead, but he must be like the most mourned character in all of fanfiction, and you do him justice. Good Mustang characterization too.
firedragongirl chapter 1 . 7/19/2006
...This one made me cry... I love it.
Jade3 chapter 1 . 7/17/2006
Yello there! The last two reviewers basically said everything for me. You captured a lot of emotion and evoked a lot of imagery in a short piece. Good job!
purple-drake chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
'Heart-wrenching' is about all I can say about this, other than the fact that I loved the little flashbacks, especially the one right after the war.

Hughes was - is, whatever - one of my favourite characters and I found out by accident that he died, *grumbles about silly C2s which have spoilers in their summaries* hoping it might be a mistake.

Then I read the manga and *that* hope flew out the window. I love the fact that he and Roy are friends, but you don't really see as much of their friendship as I'd like in canon; well, that's what fanfiction is for, right? And you've portrayed it excellently. Hope you've got more of the same planned!
Illusion Maiden chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
Aw, this story made me cry at some parts! Very beautiful! You've got a great talent at writing. Everyone to me seemed to be in character, and there was lots of detail! I could see though the whole story it playing through my mind!

Thanks for a wonderful story! This'll be added to my favorites for sure!

Keep up the fantastic work!

- Illusion Maiden