Reviews for Pearls That Were His Eyes
waddiwasiwitch chapter 1 . 12/14/2014
Heartbreaking little missing scene.
mebh chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
Perfectly written piece. I like the temporal changes and especially love your chracterisation.

You depict the strength and sometimes darkness of the unique friendship and the particular brand of loss Roy feels.

BAFFDWTWFMAfan chapter 1 . 9/28/2007
Wow. Another fantastic story. I've toyed with the idea of tackling this subject (How did Roy learn Maes was dead?), but it's too damn depressing. You did a wonderful job.
Perennial Rhinitis chapter 1 . 5/16/2007
Painful. Simply painful. Episode 25 always gets me teary-eyed whenever I get to watch reruns of Fullmetal Alchemist.
Marz1 chapter 1 . 11/2/2006
this was a very sad little ficlet. Good job with the angst and depression. I know its a bummer that Hughes is dead, but he must be like the most mourned character in all of fanfiction, and you do him justice. Good Mustang characterization too.
firedragongirl chapter 1 . 7/19/2006
...This one made me cry... I love it.
Jade3 chapter 1 . 7/17/2006
Yello there! The last two reviewers basically said everything for me. You captured a lot of emotion and evoked a lot of imagery in a short piece. Good job!
purple-drake chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
'Heart-wrenching' is about all I can say about this, other than the fact that I loved the little flashbacks, especially the one right after the war.

Hughes was - is, whatever - one of my favourite characters and I found out by accident that he died, *grumbles about silly C2s which have spoilers in their summaries* hoping it might be a mistake.

Then I read the manga and *that* hope flew out the window. I love the fact that he and Roy are friends, but you don't really see as much of their friendship as I'd like in canon; well, that's what fanfiction is for, right? And you've portrayed it excellently. Hope you've got more of the same planned!
Illusion Maiden chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
Aw, this story made me cry at some parts! Very beautiful! You've got a great talent at writing. Everyone to me seemed to be in character, and there was lots of detail! I could see though the whole story it playing through my mind!

Thanks for a wonderful story! This'll be added to my favorites for sure!

Keep up the fantastic work!

- Illusion Maiden