Reviews for Strange Angels
Ali chapter 9 . 11/6/2006
I'm so totally in love with your story, it's one of the best I've read in months. More soon pleae!
Angela62 chapter 8 . 10/19/2006
Your writing style is wonderful and it really seems like you've done your research with this one. I'm completely hooked. Keep up the great work!
sinsandshadows chapter 8 . 10/17/2006
Truly superb, I love how you worked your own mythology into the canon. And as much as I normally dislike Mary Sue...I keep rooting for Dean/Charlie. I'm so glad he was interrupted by the vision.
rozzy07 chapter 8 . 10/16/2006
Well as always you surprise me with each chapter you post and this one measures up just as well, if not more so. The humour, bantering and concern between the trio is played out on such a delicate scale that the balance is kept evemn - offering up a chance to expand the friendship and trust developing between them all. They need that security, that ability to laugh, to inflict the worst gaffs on each other, knowing that at the end of the day it is because they need the release from the terrors and fears that make up their everyday living. So from sugar on pasta to the Chosen having one hell of a blue rinsed vision this chapter was jammed packed with so much story telling that I am still staggering from the depth and structure of your writing, slowly absorbing and still trying to digest all the words across the page. A slow feast enjoyed is always the best repast, and yes I do intend to go back for seconds and even thirds in my rereading of this delicious chapter. Thank you for being so ridiculously talented and keeping me so well fed. Roz.
jmm0001 chapter 7 . 9/30/2006
"Jacob used to tell her that love was the one power that could not be denied.

The only thing you can do, when faced with the strength of love’s purity, is stand with it.

She just never knew that rule applied to her.

Only one way to find out, Charlie."

Yup. Poor lonely Charlie is going to learn a lot about life and love from the Winchester brothers. She may know more about Latin and being descended from angels, but life and love... they can teach her a thing or two about that.

Lovely chapter. Go, Charlie, go.
rozzy07 chapter 7 . 9/30/2006
Seriously I have no clue of where to begin in reviewing this chapter. Perfection can be so over-rated, but this chapter, sitting alone from anything else bears that mark. It's now 3am in London and I can find no peace until I can tell you girl, just what a fine piece of writing this was. You peppered with Charlie's backstory so movingly that I just wanted to grab her in my arms by the the end of the chapter. But at the beginning of this chapter, all I can say is, that breakfast has never ever been so disturbing as watching that girl eat! Egg yolks savagery at it's worse. Seriously Sam was right to ask about her Spaghetti eating skills... the imagery of her eating via a spoon or forkless just reminds me of my little girl 2 years old going commanodo style with fingers into the pasta! (Curly 'spaghettioed' haired 2 year old mananging to the get it everywhere!)

So as you add yet more to the mythology of this epic piece of writing I am left wondering just where you can take this further unless to further heartbreak. As Sam said fate cannot be sidestepped, though as you have managed to slip in throughtout this chapter the sheer innocence of the boy may nullify that little hiccup in the plan of things. Couldn't help but pick on these 3 little asides:

And if Alex found them, he would kill her. He would kill Dean. Shemhezai would rise out of Sam Winchester – a boy so innocent that he believed she needed his help.

The boy with the demon inside still wanted to help other people. Even someone like her. Jacob was right about him the whole time.
Laine7727 chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
You've read The Fallen series, haven't you?
rozzy07 chapter 6 . 9/19/2006
Where do I begin in reviewing this simply overwhelmimg powerhouse of a chapter? The big baddie inside of Sam wants out but the only thing stopping it is a certain stubborn son of a bitch aka Sam Winchester. (Megahug for the boy's tenacity and purity of spirit.) And the only thing stopping Sam from being dragged under by the evil is Dean, his love and connection to his brother managing to block, however momentarilly, the appocalypse from happening - however irritating that must be for our most evil one! As for your Aaron, loved him. Offering up a path for Sam to dare to follow and linger on, whilst learning what must be learnt before the final fight of good vs evil. Charlotte and Dean return towards the end of the chapter, as normal as normal can be in this strained and weirdly unsettling situation with McD's! All fragile, all very wary of each other, not wanting to voice their thoughts as if they might in the telling make it happen. And then Sam does what he does best. He rambles, his heart speaks, the words flow, allowing those once alienated from him to reconnect, still wary, still unsettled, but a little lighter in the knowledge that 'he' has not succumbed, still battling through to normal and needs their help to stay 'grounded'. And bugger me not even that rumble in oru Sammy's ribcage from 'you-know-who' will stop me from loving this chapter.

Your Aaron, Your Charlotte have perfectly meshed themselves into those boys lives and needs so perfectly that I am left begging for more... Lets just pray that will be of help to our Sam to stop the destruction so visualised and to keep both him and his brother whole and purely Winchester. Roz
rozzy07 chapter 4 . 9/2/2006
Whatever you did with this revised chapter it just works so much better, flowed so lucidly whilst crammed with details, all important, none to be forgotten, because this is an intricate story populated with a back history and a future to come that is both mesmerising and terrifying. Awesome stuff. As for the humourours bantering between the trio - loved it! Now please can I have the next chapter...Please!
IRISofBLUE chapter 2 . 8/24/2006
plz update soon!
rozzy07 chapter 5 . 8/16/2006
Simply amazing story. At times wickedly funny and then in a heartbeat turns down right scary. The way you've used religious imagery and it's history throughout the story is both complex and very thought provoking. As for uber-glowy-Sam please let Dean find the light switch to turn him off before things well and truly go from bad to worse! Loved it all, very exciting and refreshing read and can't wait for the next update.
jmm0001 chapter 4 . 8/13/2006
Just found this at chapter 4, read the whole thing at once. Loved it, but it's a roller-coaster ride, dizzying and over way too quick.
goldstranger chapter 1 . 7/24/2006
You've captivated me with just the summary, lol. Interesting beginning with Aaron and what this is suppose to become. hope to see more soon.
58 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4