Reviews for At the Strike of a Match
AJRedRobin chapter 5 . 9/19/2012
This whole story sequence could have been titled that, A Kindred Spirit, for that's what they were and ARE. There are a multitude of universes that can be imagined. And Bruce (Batman) Wayne and Dick (Robin) Grayson will always be the Dynamic Duo to me. Jason Todd and Bruce Wayne didn't have that same connection. I believe Bruce was trying to recapture what he lost, and failed. Tim Drake knew that Batman needed a Robin, he also knew that Bruce needed Dick Grayson. Nightwing couldn't go back to being Robin. He could, but the story tellers decided otherwise. So, Tim became Robin because Batman needed a Robin to help slow him down. As for Damian, well who would have thought. Even so, Batman needs a Robin, does that Robin have to a kid? No, he does not. He just needs to be there so Batman can really shine.
Danaa chapter 5 . 10/10/2008
Will we be seeing more of these stories?
ItzAGoodThing chapter 5 . 1/23/2007
more?
ItzAGoodThing chapter 4 . 1/23/2007
I love this!
Rachel chapter 5 . 7/19/2006
Terrific! Another great entry - thanks so much for responding to my suggestion in such an imaginative way! The title of this last chapter in particular - "a kindred spirit" - struck a chord with me. That's what I enjoy most about this story, the way these two characters connect with each other no matter what else is going on around them. Thanks so much.
Rachel chapter 4 . 7/16/2006
Wow - I am really enjoying this story! The Prologue was sweet and funny, and each of the alternate realities rings true (though the Deathstroke version was a little depressing!) I was especially stuck by the reference to Jason, and by seeing the 'rookie' Dick back as a Bludhaven cop. Your ideas are creative, and your writing is good. I would love to see a chapter that explores how Batman would be different without Dick's influence in his life - to explore some of the psychological or physical damage he might not have recovered from without his cheerful and capable sidekick by his side. Maybe an alternate-universe Dick could find some way to reach out to him, to help him or maybe to help Alfred. Just a suggestion - I really hope to read more of this story! Thanks so much for sharing it with us.