Reviews for Finding Love in all the Wrong Places
ellepha chapter 1 . 3/26/2011
keep going. what happens next?
ShadowAkiyah chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
Very interesting to have this written from Letty's POV. Very well written, and great characterisation. I wasn't really expecting to enjoy it - I don't particularly like Letty - but I did. It was good. Nice job.
TimeTravelFreak chapter 1 . 7/9/2009
Hi, I just wanted to ask if you are going to finish this story.

I really enjoyed reading this. Everyone was IC and while Letty isn't my favourite character either, somehow she's sympathetic in this one.

It would really be awesome would you finish it since Dom's and Brian's POVs would be interesting.
Sin Angel chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
hi

a really good beginning!

and who likes letty..?

hope youll write soon the next chapter and post it...

happy new year though a little bit late ;)

Angel
grimm018 chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
This is written amazingly. I disliked Letty, mainly because she got in the way of slash, but i loved this story none the less.

Judging on when this was written, it probably wont be updated but i really hope it will be because i can't wait to get this in Dom's POV.

So please if it's possible, update this story!
Kitten chapter 1 . 8/1/2007
Wow, I really liked it. You should make the next chapter all about Dom and Brian's time together. *wink wink* XD
Sirin Black chapter 1 . 7/25/2007
that was really good, can't wait to read more. hope you update soon!
Rednih chapter 1 . 11/21/2006
I completely agree with your Author's Note; I didn't really like Letty at all, either, but your character development made me feel for her and the situation in which she finds herself. I'm really looking forward to another chapter *nudge, nudge, wink, wink* I hope you're going to post again soon.
Ringles chapter 1 . 7/23/2006
I completely disagree with the other person here. I actually really like where this could go; I see Brokeback Mountain but in Fast & The Furious form (this is meant in the best possible way).

Ok yes, Letty is a tough, bad-ass in the film. But perhaps rather than saying that you're not exploring her enough and you've got her all wrong; perhaps she wasn't explored to her full potential in the movie. The thing about movies is, unless they're something like Alfie; where 90% of screen time is devoted to the main characters thoughts and feelings by way of his constant narration of the story you most likely will never have a clear notion for what the characters are thinking and feeling - especially Letty.

Perhaps this person always says exactly what they mean and never censors herself, or himself when interacting with others.

I do like that you are making her more human, she has found out that her long time love is gay; this would hurt quite a lot. I do not care how tough you are, to love someone as deeply as I imagine she did, and to find this out would take a lot of healing.

You haven't stated in this anywhere that I have seen so far that Dom wasn't gay before but all of a sudden is.. It may appear this way to Letty, but she could have very well gotten it all wrong - I mean look at the 2 wives involved in Brokeback Mountain.

No idea whatsoever. Heath Ledger's wife wouldn't have thought anything of it if she hadn't seen them kissing now would she?

Or if she did it may have taken years to realise.

And I'm sure that before Jack and Enis encounter that neither of them would have ever entertained any sort of dormant curiousity towards the same sex.

You are doing this well, I am looking forward to seeing Dom's viewpoint. The other reviewer really hasn't allowed you much chance to explore the other characters before jumping down your throat and telling you that this has no place here.

It does have a place here, it's fan fiction isn't it? And it's based on The Fast & The Furious also I see.. That seems to be about the only criteria this particular section requires in my eyes.

Besides, who wants to constantly read the same old Brian/Mia, Dom/Letty stories anyway? Perhaps that person should just stick to watching the movies?

Anyway, sorry for dribbling on for so long! P It just annoyed me that the other person used the same old generic, higher than mighty speech that appears in nearly all of the reviews I've seen from them...

Keep going with this!
pips24 chapter 1 . 7/19/2006
I'm a huge D/L fan,but i really like this story. You got talent;)
validnomedeplume chapter 1 . 7/16/2006
I never get it. It doesn't matter how well written it is. It doesn't matter how you church it up. Dom isn't gay. He doesn't fancy Brian, and Brian doesn't get with Mia as a second rate substitute for Dominic. The second movie confirms it nicely for us all. "You're always getting in trouble over a female, Brian." I'd have to go out on a limb and assume you are not a homosexual. If you were, you would understand that being gay isn't something you decide you are one day when you see an attractive member of the same sex and realize you just have to have them. It's something you always know. Even if you push it to the back of your mind and try to ignore it, try to convince yourself it's not true, that you do like the opposite sex. Get married, have kids, it's still always there. It's not a snap decision one day when a hot blond guy shows up.

And that wasn't 'Letty' centric because you totally don't get Letty. Letty never lets Dom own her. Yeah, she loves him. Yeah, she's wrapped up in him to her own degree. But there is no evidence to suggest that she's a weak, whimpering female over him. When he refuses to take a drink from her, she shrugs it off before making him go take care of his responsibilities. When he asks her in the garage if she's going to stay with him, she says maybe. When he tells her that he dreams of her on a beach in Mexico, she disbelieves him with a sarcastic 'really?' When he tells her he loves her in the Civic, she rips her chin away from his touch and takes care of her own. There is a deep vein of self preservation and strength in Letty that you didn't even touch on here. You made her all about whining after a man and she wouldn't do it. Not even if that man was Dominic. She's got too much pride and too much strength for it.

I just wish that two guys could be friends in a movie without some person coming along and insisting they were hot for each other. My god, they had a male bonding moment and they were friends. Because two guys are friends, touch a few times and share some personal stories doesn't make them a gay couple. For crying out loud, Vince kissed Dom. Next thing you know, Dom'll be into Brian because things with him and Vince didn't work out, and that'll be why Vince decided not to survive. This whole piece just totally lacks a sense of characterization, or understanding of any of the motivations of the canons. There may be a place for this story but it certainly isn't here.