Reviews for Burn
Le Diable chapter 1 . 1/17
I love this story. I think you kept both John and Rogue completely in character, the writing is beautiful and easy to follow and the emotion of both characters really shines through. I also absolutely adore the little bit about John's eyes because my mind completely exploded when I realised Aaron Stanford's eye colour was actually blue. They look brown!

Anyway, excellent work! Thank you for sharing it with us.
jpraner chapter 1 . 8/5/2014
Oh god...just write more. I can't get enough. Do you have published work that I can buy? Because I will.
Heartbreak Lane chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
So beautifully written. Miss your writing tons.
E d e n chapter 2 . 12/15/2012
And you just had to remind me all over again of why you're my favorite X-men writer.
Seriously, I feel like you could persuade me to like /any/ pairing with words alone. Scary stuff.

The second person narrative was a nice touch, it literally puts the reader in the character's shoes. But even without that perspective, I feel like you would've had a leash on your readers' emotions either way. I loved both sides of their story and I love how you began it and ended it, giving credence to the title.

I can only hope though that you didn't plan to just leave it here. Because oh that would be such a waste.
Anny chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
This is the first review I've ever posted on . I've read a lot of good stuff here, some really REALLY good writing, but this story finally made me want to state my praise. This was perhaps the most brilliantly written short story I've ever read. Anywhere. Simply exquisite writing at its best. You deserve a writing award, really.
FW Wandering chapter 2 . 5/18/2012
I hope you update this soon because I'm enjoying the first two chapters.
notashamedtobe chapter 2 . 1/26/2012
This is really good! Hope to see it finished
weirdanimegeek chapter 2 . 10/23/2011
Wow that was just amazing. You really left me speechless. There are no words that can describe how brilliant this story is.

The way you describe things makes me feel like I'm right there watching them. I like how you didn't make John such a pansy like in other Ryro stories. I mean, John would actually DO these things.

I hope you do continue to write this story because I'm dying to know what happens next. Great job :)
DapperCrapper chapter 2 . 9/1/2011
Cheese and rice! This is so good! I hope to read more soon, I really love the second person POV for both characters. It really makes me think they're talking directly to you. I hope to see more of this.
Caitlin chapter 2 . 8/22/2011
That was utterly beautiful. Such raw power in your words... It's indescribable. I love it. I love how you don't make it a happy ending but a realistic one. You're amazing.

I usually write longer reviews but I think I'm at a loss for words, a rare thing for me. You should have published works!

Beautiful, Caitlin :)
JJwolf chapter 2 . 8/17/2011
I Love This Story!
neverlasting-legend chapter 2 . 8/9/2011
EEEK! I would have never caught this if I didn't go to my favorites list. I'm so happy you decided to turn this one shot into something more. Again, this would absolutely wonderful. You're wonderful with your metaphors because it's so John and not that overly sappy shit I sometimes get when someone attempts to meld both beautiful words with an asshole character.
Merr2 chapter 2 . 8/5/2011
Yes, yes, YES! I've hoped for a continuation to this fic since the moment I read the first installment, and I'm ecstatic to see it here.

You definitely did NOT disappoint, my dear. This chapter was just as 'fiery' as the first, and I'm yearning for more.
mea-kh chapter 2 . 8/4/2011
Wow! What a surprise... I read this like YEARS ago! Thanks for continuing, there are so few really good Ryro stories out there that you just made my day: )
bosombodice chapter 2 . 8/3/2011
O.M.G.

ahem ::squee!:: I can't tell you how stoked I am that you chose to continue with this. I fell in love with Burn way back when it was published in 06 (not too long after the colossal disappointment which was X3, if I'm remembering right) and a part of me has always hoped that you would do a follow-up. And what do you know, here we are ::snerk:: This was amazing. You have a real knack for delving into these characters and making us feel what they feel. Lines like "You're not good enough for the real thing and you know it" and "You're just a punk with a burnt out apartment and a crush on a girl you're probably never going to be alone with ever again" are like a punch to the gut. Again, amazing. I noticed this story isn't listed as being complete - possible sign of there being more chapters in the future? Possibly? Maybe? Hopefully?

Tl;dr: I love this, I love you, and I kind of want to bake you a batch of cookies.
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »