Reviews for Silk
StrangersToLove chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
Oh my! I loved it! Fantastic story - So unique. You took elements that I am familiar with and twisted them ever so slightly... so that the darkness creeps in slowly. It felt like a little movie playing in my head, the movement, the textures, the sound - it was all there in a way that I had never before imagined it. Your Jareth was just on the edge of menacing, which in my opinion is way scarier that all out evil. He loves in the only way he knows how - it's obsessive, oppressive, tainted and unrequited but that's not going to stop him. I really like that you chose the Junk Lady for an audience surrogate. She knows it's not her place to try to help him or stop him, she wants to both, but ultimately she does nothing. It feels fitting. Who, besides Sarah, can stand up to Jareth and live? In the end of this story - no one...perhaps not even Sarah herself.
Lili Psique chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
I like very much this obssessive Jareth, that loves and wants, and don't belives Sarah as just a child. That's how I read him in the film. Cruel and dark and very well done. One of the best characterizations I ever read.
magialuna chapter 1 . 12/26/2008
This is very exquisite in it's sadness, in it's ability to capture that brokenness that is in the Goblin King. Very beautiful in an odd way. -Clare
lost2darkness chapter 1 . 12/19/2007
wonderfully done! Your writing style and language is impressive, and I enjoyed the origionality of how you put this together. *goes to check out other stories*
OutInTheStorm chapter 1 . 10/21/2007
*shivers*

Nice work.
im a bunny chapter 1 . 9/18/2007
This is a great 's cruel yet twistedly loving. The images are excellent. I just loved it.
HellsPadlock chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
Wow! Wow! You have left me speachless. I don't know what else to say except I love it. It's so raw and fresh. Well done.
Anna McNarin chapter 1 . 12/2/2006
Like a child he is, the world simply must revolve around him. Lovely story.
SilkenPetal chapter 1 . 9/1/2006
I really enjoyed this story and hoped you would make a sequel that was perhaps longer. It was well written and kinda creepy and if you do write a second part you could have sarah in it and things would get REALLY interesting.
Solea chapter 1 . 8/26/2006
I am often too lazy to review, which isn't really fair to an author of your caliber. I just add everything you write to favorites because it is original and thought-provoking. Keep writing. I usually read your fics over and over.
Lauren Hughes chapter 1 . 8/3/2006
Very disturbing, but a very well-put together one shot (I love it). It portrays an interesting side to Jareth.
FromMyBackyard chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
I had a most elegant review written out for you yesterday and then the site gives me "traffic overload". *bangs head against keyboard* So...I'll try to recreate it.

-.-.-.-

There is something wonderfully, deliciously seductive about Bad!Jareth. I am positively giddy.

"He had done a most careful thing." - This absolutely -screams- 'Good times to be had! Right this way!'

"Didn't you wish to know my regret?" - I gasped aloud at this one, -knowing- we're about to have our suspicions confirmed.

And then the non-reaction of the Sarah figure. I have to question, as Edie did, if that was intentional (his desire) or, being that he doesn't know much about Sarah, he simply didn't bother to animate her.

"...am I not as good as the next man?" - My heart wrenches for the Goblin King - thinking of himself to be possibly unworthy of Sarah's intentions. That's so sad.

And, at the end, he alludes to, but doesn't actually spell out, how Sarah will regret leaving him.

*shiver*

It's enough to make your skin crawl. The mind can work up such devious and devastating possibilities, many most likely far worse that what he'll actually do.

But, then again...