Reviews for Introductions
Hr'awkryn chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
A very interesting and compelling writing style...Please do continue!
ClicktoFree chapter 7 . 8/13/2007
Kareya's really interesting. Seems almost...tragic. I really like this story, hope you continue it. :)
GraphiteHeron chapter 7 . 2/22/2007
Very well done. The shuffled order of the chapters makes for a fascinating read, and the characters are complex enough to snag even my (admittedly feeble) attention span until the very end. Though, I would like to see how Ishmael's adventure with the nether magic works out. Anyway, I still love the story!
Inconspicuous Acuity chapter 7 . 2/4/2007
I don't know if it was on purpose or not, but in this chapter I could identify some concepts that vaguely hint to Aristotle's philosophy, also.

Anyway, now that I've read all there is of the story so far, I can safely say I see it as an endless row of controversies subjected to indirect study. You are not as much interested in retelling the game as you are in studying the concepts its quests and characters are based upon.

I'm also curious to see the title's relevance in it all; I found it a very interesting choice from the beginning. As far as I know, Pygmalion was an ancient Greek sculptor, which the legends say placed so much of his aspirations in his creation that he fell in love with it. Then again, you may have been inspired to give the title from George Bernard Shaw's play? Nevertheless, the base concept remains the same and I am curious and eager to find out more.
Inconspicuous Acuity chapter 6 . 2/4/2007
"You must have chaos in you to give birth to a dancing star". Wasn't that the quote you used (or at least alluded to) in 'Butterflies' as well? Nevertheless, it never ceases to be interesting to turn and study on al facets. Especially when one finds such proper ways to integrate it.

I'm quite envious of how easy it seems to be for you to portray Haer'Dalis and to write his dialogue. I keep turning the issue on all sides and I still cannot conceive how it would not be tormenting, to say the least.

Other than that, the chapter's final half was quite confusing and I'm hoping the next one will clear things out for me.
Inconspicuous Acuity chapter 5 . 2/4/2007
Ah, the infamous Girlde of Gender. I saw that coming right over, but that doesn't make it any less of a great trick. However, *no way* was I able to realize Ishmael would wish to be turned into a woman again. That was a brilliant plot improvement right there.

I really can't decide whether in your story Anomen is vastly OOC or more IC than ever. But one thing you have definitely made him: extremely interesting.
Inconspicuous Acuity chapter 4 . 2/3/2007
This chapter was good insight into the 'present' (if we can speak of such a time) party. Seeing Ishmael and Kareya at the beginnings of their report, especially.

I found the choice to have Khalid and Dynaheir survive, instead of Jaheira and Minsc, *very* inspired. It looks like you have a knack for all the other possibilities, instead of an attachment to what is considered to be canon.
Inconspicuous Acuity chapter 3 . 2/3/2007
Lots and lots of skipping bits to try and hurry things up. I'm not sure how comfortable I am with that, as it forces my mind to jump from one thing to another, quickly.

Still, the social nuances you wove into this story are more than enough to keep me tuned. And now we have the Nether Scroll effect. *chuckles* That's one of the things I'm always extremely curious about; I like to see people's different approaches to it.
Inconspicuous Acuity chapter 2 . 2/3/2007
This chapter is living proof of how revealing and wonderful dialog can be as an instrument. I usually frown upon extensive use of it with little narration or description between, but somehow in here it just seemed fit.

Also, I am fascinated by the humanity of your characters. By how each of them wants to build a mask which they can hold out and show people instead of their true self. Just like in life.
Inconspicuous Acuity chapter 1 . 2/3/2007
An odd sort of alertness would be the basic definition for this story, as far as I've read. It is written in such a way that it keeps me *very* interested all the time and ready for any surprise. Once again, you've proven that you can make use of the game's quests and locations in a very effective fashion.

I'm interested in this OC of yours (Kareya), and also intrigued by the prospect of an evil Bhaalspawn leader, whose profession would hint at a completely different behavior. Ishmael struck me as an elegant, learned fellow, however. Very inspired.
GraphiteHeron chapter 6 . 11/3/2006
Definitely not too disjointed. I like it, and in fact cannot wait (okay, I can wait, but that doesn't mean I'll be patient) for your next update.
arabellaesque chapter 1 . 11/2/2006
I've been following this since it started, with all its complexities, but only now do I think I'm understanding it enough to comment :)

There are certainly a lot of twists within, and a lot of creativity has obvously been used. My only note is your use of '-'s to end sentences (which I think someone else remarked on, too) but that's a style issue, and it just takes some getting used to.

Your characters are complex, and I get the feeling we're still just learning about everything that they've been through while facing the newer challenges to come at them. I'll be watching to see how it goes with interest.
Ztin chapter 5 . 10/29/2006
i love edwina... after a thick prescription of beer goggles.

good implementation of original characters
GraphiteHeron chapter 5 . 10/24/2006
This work is...fascinating. There are a lot of game-based stories out there, and sometimes it gets boring, no matter how well they're written, but this... The non-linear arrangement and original characters...It's like looking into a fire. Once you start, you can't just look away. Or at least I can't. Anyway, I guess I'm trying to say you've taken an old idea and turned it into something new and irresistable.
Pen52 chapter 4 . 10/15/2006
A wonderful new chapter. I loved seeing the characters through Ishmael's eyes, he has an interesting perspective on them.

I'd agree that this switching back and forth into time can get a little confusing, but I'm willing to look past that and keep reading, since I'm curious to see how all of this comes together. But you could make some note of the time-frame.

What happened to Khalid, that he's not in the 'future' chapters? Who exactly is Kareya? How, oh how do they get rid of Aerie? ;) (Just kidding, she's not even that anoying the way you write her - but still in character) These are just some of the questions that I look forward geting the answer to.

And by the way, Dynaheir leaving and not wanting to avenge Minsc was a great touch, enotionally speaking (although callous and generally not nice).

I hope for an update soon.