Reviews for Crystal Points
Ghost Man chapter 11 . 3/8
, Leave it to Ami to remind us of all the "fun" we missed

Good job!
Ghost Man chapter 10 . 3/8
Well this happened. _ The people of the planet must now make a choice of change.

Daeva you little...*sighs* I guess there's no such thing as "evil" here.

Awww. It's almost over.
Ghost Man chapter 9 . 3/8
Duude. This is like the battle in LotR...and Chasity rocks my socks.

Also Bellina can suck it...and Rory kicks ass...yeah I'd worship her.

...though I'm kinda wanting to worship Chas.

, About damn time, woman!
Ghost Man chapter 8 . 3/8
Jupiter can hold her own like a boss XD

Hey someone's been playing Chrono Trigger P

Holy moly he's large. XD

Huh...she actually has personality and emotions. Who would have guessed?

I can't blame Daeva on this one...give them proof. I'm okay with that.

Dang this is...getting philosophical.

The irony in the protection speech is bitter, I can tell.
Ghost Man chapter 7 . 3/8
SO little thief gonna be part of the group? *laughs* What a Motley Crew

*chuckles* Always with the bloody speeches.

Bout time smart bad guys came around.

Hah! The thief is my kind of rogue here. She's probably the acrobatic rogue.

In the game of negotion, I feel Ami tipped their hand too soon.

I take it back...she got pissed . poor souls pissin' off Ami.

Uncle...Gull...*snorts* I like 'im. Hell, these two are hilarious!
Ghost Man chapter 6 . 3/8
Makes me wonder if the priestesses of the Fire Temple will forget this whole silver-eyed business, but it's a complicated mess.

Ken is a smartass...I like him

I think we have a battle princess in the making

Cute fairy lady. I wanna chat _

*sighs* How the heck did they get there.
Ghost Man chapter 5 . 3/8
When Mars tells you to do the God Damned thing..you do it!

*facepalm* Yes Minako...like Barbie

Whelp. It's like MKR now isn't it?

I wonder if they're still aware they killed children.

Oh snap! That guy! Whelp...time to exit, stage left!

...oh my god, get her out of there! -_- She's going to do political suicide with this singing!

...no one minded her singing? Good God, they're deaf!

Also too much Japanese...loses the reader.

Ami's gonna kick his ass at the "stupid" remark

*snickers* So much experiences watdching princesses.
Ghost Man chapter 4 . 3/7
Huh. Well I appreciate the realism though, it would behoove you to separate sections.
Ghost Man chapter 3 . 3/7
I love this story. Good job! Not in the mood to write an essay, but yeah. You have my attention.
ReaderMarz chapter 11 . 7/25/2011
What a great story! In my mind, there is nothing better than a fantasy world with swords and dragons and magic for my favorite senshi. Thank you for your imagination and your effort!
TirOrah chapter 11 . 4/23/2011
Wow, I enjoyed this a lot. I absolutely loved the setting and the story. I do agree that we could've had some more time with Eolh and Jara, but it's not a big deal. Each awakening of a Crystal Point fitted. I agree the characters came out quite well, I think you did a great job on them.

Thanks for a great read!

Ja ne!
Ducks-Go-Aflack chapter 11 . 4/29/2010
*Phew* That was a good story. [Adds to 'favorites' list.] Now for a blow-by-blow review, taken in whatever order I feel like.

General remarks: 3/4 the story read like a traditional adventure story with nice environmental descriptions, sentence mechanics, word use, etc.
The last two chapters got really poetic and metaphorical, - made it pretty to read, yah, but also hard to understand what was actually happening. Add to this the lack of line breaks, and you get an even more unreadable jumble.
Abrupt scene changes throughout the story also added to this. Consider adding an extra line break or something to signify a change in setting.

Sailor soldiers character development:
Ami: was undoubtedly the main character in this fic. Most of the thinking was from her, and she even got more than one entire section all to herself. She's analytical and cool, but you didn't really move her away from her archetype (the 'smart' one). She did break out of her shell acting as Usagi that one time, but she didn't really take that experience forwards and incorporate it into her every day personality, which I would have liked.

Mako: Fiercely loyal and incredible brave- Invincible and headstrong, nothing could stop her- not even the main guy villain. Makoto also, unfortunately, had the character development of a rock. Her romance with Balam[the most boring of all the characters] was nice, I guess, but cut short and not fleshed out. 'Thunder-lady' made me smile, though.

Rei: Besides the volcano 'I'm not afraid of anything' bit, Rei was a major tag-along. I thought she had a good thing going with the thief, but the thief was written out of the story before Rei could interact with that character in too many interesting ways. Were Rei not in the story- I'm not really sure what would have even been different, plot-wise, or in any other way, to be honest.

Mina: Loud and immature, the warrior; but oddly incompetent in your interpretation of her prowess (I'm thinking of all the many times she gets tossed about by various adversaries). Mina got a back seat in the story;, not particularly driving anything.
Also, there was that one time when she totally skewered a silver-eyed warrior (not a demon) through the heart, and didn't even bat an eyelash- what's with that?
I thought there was a lot more potential for Mina to interact with Rory-hime to cause many more shenanigans. You sort of hinted that Mina and Rory were similar in character, but that didn't get sufficiently explored. Incidentally, Mina is my favorite SM character, so any time she isn't in the spotlight is a scene not living up to it's maximum potential ;)

SM character summery: I take back what I said earlier; there are too many OC's, and not enough SM character 'screen time'. BTW, I applaud your decision to write a fic w/o Usagi or the others. It's nice to focus on just a few characters every now and again.

Other characters:
Main bad girl/fairy: mysterious and... um...and...well- that's all there is, really. Does she even fight? What happens to her? Is her fate supposed to be ambiguous? Why is she evil?

Main bad guy: I thought this character had a lot more potential. His confidant and analytical character intrigued me. Too bad you killed him off relatively early.

Priestess in training w/ bird and village girl that can heal: extra characters that I neither liked or really thought necessary to the story.

Sky and Xhinxixexixe-whatever: same as above.

Rory-hime: I liked this character a lot and liked her development. As a matter of fact, she, and perhaps Ami, are the only ones who develop at all. [Actually, that's not true, Rei get's more fire powers, but that's it. It's also unclear whether their new found affinities transfer back to earth].

Everyone else: seemed OK, but not really worth mentioning.

Plot:
Getting zapped to other world: fine.
Find elemental dragons: sure why not?
Include themes of racial tolerance: OK, I can dig it.

Main cause of all the trouble is overbalance of 'shadow(?)' caused by industrialization and overpopulation: Umm, perhaps a little heavy handed?

Climatic conclusion: Eh? I'm not really sure what happened so I can't speak to this either way. [Shrugs].

Overall: I liked the story and put it on my favorite list, so good job making it that far. However, the lack of character development and unfocused character emphasis take away from this otherwise pristine work. Also a relatively short piece, which I was sad about. Besides that, good job and keep up the good work. Please write more SM fics soon. )

Cheers,
~Ducks
Ducks-Go-Aflack chapter 3 . 4/28/2010
This story was posted a while ago, but it is still good. So far so good. I like the plot and character development as well as the skill demonstrated in your sentence level mechanics.

Despite creating a whole new world you're introduction of new charters has been done in very manageable way. I've seen semi-orriginal fics like this before that have so many original characters that I couldn't make heads or tails of who's who- not so in this fic.
I'll leave a more complete review once I've finished the story- but so far, it reads really great.
~Ducks
Rukangel chapter 11 . 12/26/2009
WOW AWESOME STORY! you have totally have made a very awesome true great story ... i was hoping a bit more of the dragons in the end but it was still awesome LOVE IT!
StormBrisingr chapter 11 . 11/8/2009
Amazing! The ending was just plain hilarious! Great job!