Reviews for Telegraph Road
Nate and Jake chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
I can't wait to see what happens. Update soon.
Karategal chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
Oh yeah, I can tell this is going to be a great story! I love anything that has to do with the brotherly relationship between Sam & Dean. (Anything other than that is just sick. They're brothers for Lord's sake.) Sorry for going on like that. But I can already tell I am going to love your story & this chapter is an excellent way of setting it up. Please update real soon!

P.S.

I am all-American, born here, raised here & the only way my family believes you travel is by car so I'll give you some tips:

Most of the places that Dean & Sam stay overnight are motels which are almost always much cheaper & more rundown than the more expensive hotels. Ex: Motel 6, Days Inn, Holiday Inn, or just little local motels.

Any place that sells gas for Dean's 1967 Chevrolet Impala would called a gas station.(Petrol is called gasoline here in the States.) Ex: Sunoco, Exxon, Hess, Shell, Mobil, Chevron, Texaco, Citgo, etc. (Most of these places take the bigger name credit cards, too.)

Common convenience stores here in the States are: Turkey Hill, 7-Eleven, Sheetz, Wawa, Kwik Shop.(Liquer is not sold at most of these but cigarettes are. Robberies & hold-ups are very common too.)

Bigger stores would be: Wal-Mart, Target, Cosco, Cabela's(for hunting gear perhaps), Weis(for food), or local malls(they're usually more expensive though)

Dean's 1967 Chevrolet Impala is a classic car here in the States & would be considered an absolute treasure by most car collecters. Old cars like these are called muscle cars because of their big engines,(usually a V8 or Hemi) great speed, & high-performance for drag-racing. Most were made between 1964-1975. (My uncles collect them. They would die to have Dean's Impala.) The Impala is 100% American muscle car. These cars draw a lot of attention when they are seen on the road.

Dean probably would not know about any of the more high-class local bars so he would be more likely to go to a more griddy bar. A bar with a lot of bikers & rougher people would be a good example. Fights are a common occurence in places like these.

Gasoline: Is much cheaper here in the U.S. than in Europe & Asia. A gallon of gas where I live is about $2.70 on average. Most the time you pay at the pump & most stations have big signs outside that show the varying prices.(The gas industry is really competitive over here.) The western states & Florida are usually more expensive when it comes to gas than the east & south. It also depends on where you are whether the station offers full-service(mostly in smaller towns) or self-service (more common & a constant in or around big cities.)

Common fast food restaurants are: McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, Chickfilla(Not open on Sundays) & KFC(short for Kentucky Fried Chicken).

If you have anymore questions just post them below your disclaimer & I'll see if I can answer them in my reviews. Okay!
talon81 chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
hey I think you did a great job and I can't wait to read more! update soon! :)
charmed1of2 chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
I THINK ITS VERY GOOD SO FAR,KEEP GOING
Black Roses chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
CONTINUE! CONTINUE! CONTINUE! *SMall* please!
LittleWing chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
Very interesting beginning. I cannot wait to see what the coming storm's going to bring. And to help with the Americanisms:

Loo bathroom

Petrol station gas station

rest stops are places along the highway where you can pull off to stretch your legs, use the bathroom, get pop/soda, and maybe a snack from vending machines.

Garages can be either a place to get your car fixed or where you park your car at your house.

Okay well hope that helps. I'm adding this to my alert list so that I'll know when you update. I really did enjoy this and cannot wait for more.

love ya dushi...later
Spuffyshipper chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
Good story so soon.I don't mind the British-isms as long as you don't use "Mum".That's one of my pet peeves in fanfics about American shows.
352 | « Prev Page 1 .. 14 21 22 23 24