Reviews for Son of the Father
natsu.point chapter 10 . 7/18/2012
I don't think their relationship is already doomed from the beginning but it was because Bruce thought it was so. It is ironic that he never gave up on his "missions" but when it comes to relationships he doesn't even give a thought about the possibility of it on working. When you love someone as in really LOVE someone then you would be able to defy all the obstacles, the boundaries and all the problems that you are gonna face and the odds wouldn't matter anymore. But sadly he doesn't truly love Talia, he only think he loves Talia but not willing to take any chance to be with her. He already gave up being with her from the start. That is why their relationship didn't work.

Anyway enough with that. This was a very well crafted story. Although the unclear way you wrote the epilogue seems to be unnecessary in my opinion because... well it is obvious in the perspective of a Batman fan.
Rebel Sympathizer chapter 10 . 7/3/2012
You made me cry, DC Luder. For a moment I thought you were going to kill them both – but when I learned that Bruce was alive I remembered about the Pit. At least they are both alive, though the ending is far from a happy one.

I really liked your story, especially since it was told from point of view of a few characters. I don’t think it’s too short, but I’d like to see a sequel. I liked your characters, especially Ibn.

Good work!
Matt the Batman Fan chapter 10 . 5/10/2009
Well, okay. Little unclear on the rebirth method but I totally called it :-). Once again, and you'll find that this is a common complaint from me, I really would have liked to see more behind it. Maybe even a bit from Clark and Lois and about their prospective possibilities for a child. After all, a loss like that doesn't just affect the mother and the father, it impacts the people they interact with everyday. Believe me, I've seen enough parents in those kind of circumstances to see it.

But enough psychoanalysis. Great story and I apologize for taking so long to read it.
Matt the Batman Fan chapter 9 . 5/10/2009
Yeah, this was pretty much the ending that had to happen. That being said, you did a hell of a job presenting it. It ain't easy in the least to portray Bruce's emotional complex at a point where it meshes with the guy in the bat suit who takes no prisoners but you filled it to a tee.

Good work and waiting on the Lazarus Pit. . .
Matt the Batman Fan chapter 8 . 5/10/2009
I know I may have just slightly dogged you for employing it but you do have a strong gift at handling the first-person perspective. I lack the discipline for it myself. . . Nice touch about J'onn saying that Nightwing could look good in "black". Y'know, given the opportunity. . .

I'm a little dubious as to the idea that Ra's men would ever think to "try to shoot to kill the detective while his son is in plain sight" or that Talia would be that innacurate with a machine gun but that's something I can let go. Also, as good as you write Nightwing, the first-person really hurt the pacing of the chapter. The length, once again, had something to do with it too.

That being said, the last point of the chapter and Nightwing being obsessed with not wanting to fail Bruce made up for a lot of it. Something tells me that it is Bruce's progeny that bit the bullet, however. . .
Matt the Batman Fan chapter 7 . 5/10/2009
Wow, the fact that Ra's is clearly trying to craft Ib'n into another Batman, though it probably shouldn't have surprised me, struck me pretty hard when the moment hit. Good representation of Bruce's reaction to that as well, not wanting to scare his child with his anger.

Overall, I felt that this installment seemed a little short, even for a transition piece. I did enjoy the story from Ib'n's perspective and the irony that would go in from employing such a viewpoint. Still, I'm usually the type of reader that likes to see quite a bit of what is going on around them, if only so I can judge the scene for myself. Still, this is just a minor nitpick on another good chapter.
Matt the Batman Fan chapter 6 . 4/19/2009
Kind of interesting that Ra's would give Batman a back door towards communicating with Nightwing and the gang. After all, it's not as if the gang wasn't going to come rushing in the moment they figured out where Bruce was. These are trigger-happy superheroes, after all. Still, I guess I'll have to wait and see what becomes of it.

The little scene with Alfred and Tim at the beginning was a good way to start. Tim being unsure about what was going on and Alfred dutifully going back to his duties was identifiable behavior for the both of them and this was an excellent place to put it.

As I said with the last chapter, I would be a little concerned for the lack of scene changes in the individual chapters but the length of said chapters sort of makes up for it. Maybe I'm just being too picky.
Matt the Batman Fan chapter 5 . 4/19/2009
It's almost amazing how life can just push something to the wayside, huh? That being said, I had almost forgotten how good you were at setting up a story. This chapter had a good combination of establishing ongoing plot points (the uncertainty between Bruce and Talia, the meeting with Bruce and Ib'n) while still keeping a slow burn on the conflict to come. The slight, emotional undercurrents within the chapter (Bruce denying he was a detective, Bruce claiming that he was "black is fine", and the friction between Bruce and Ra's was good too).

The only thing I could recommend is to have shifted the chapter back to the characters in the Batcave, at least for a little bit. Still, I can understand why you would want to keep the attention focused on the League.

All right! On to the next chapter!
IVIaedhros chapter 10 . 1/18/2009
Dang...saw it coming, but it still sucks...I swear, Bruce is one of the greatest tragedy magnets this world's ever seen.
JJ chapter 10 . 7/6/2008
always love a good ra's story. i liked how every other chapter was a different side of wehat was going on, very cool stuff here. too bad for little ibn though now he's in big trouble...
whysoseriousss chapter 10 . 7/6/2008
Interesting ending but I think you could have done more with it. Sequel perhaps?
Akylae chapter 10 . 7/4/2008
Great story. Terrible ending morale-wise.
IOException chapter 10 . 7/3/2008
Another great story. Kicks ass compared to Morrison's Damien! But man, what a sad ending. Congratulations and I look forward to more of your work.
Alexis chapter 10 . 7/3/2008
OHMYGOD!

You're back!

So glad to see you finished this one,what a crazy ending! Poor Bruce! Poor Ibn! Poor everyone!

Now that this one's done, let's finish What Lies Ahead, girl!
Matt the Batman Fan chapter 4 . 12/31/2007
Just some random observations from this chapter:

Dear Lord. Lois watches Desperate Housewives? My respect for her has dropped badly. Ah well, she's still cool.

You know, you'd think that potential bank robbers would be smart enough to rob a bank in a place OTHER than Metropolis. That's just common sense.

Poor Superman. With Diana tagging along the odds are he'll have to deal with the superhero equivalent of either a catfight or a lover's quarrel once he eventually finds Batman.

Nice to see a chapter from Superman's perspective, even if a whole lot didn't happen. It can be tricky to introduce actual superheroes into the Batman/Ra's conflict but you covered it quite nicely.