Reviews for Yellow Flag
Goldleaf83 chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
Aw, this one’s sweet, and funny too. And it makes sense, too, that there’d be this kind of problem in visiting other worlds – something that most science fiction TV series never seem to consider. Not a dire life-threatening problem, just an annoying one that takes a lot longer to get through than anyone wants. Once they’re sick that have to care for each other, which eventually leads to admitting that they Care For Each Other, but the story doesn’t handle the illness in a drippy, sentimental way, or the way that help each other as anything heroic. I liked how Apollo was annoyed by the onset of Starbuck’s illness and having to care for him, but helped because he’s a decent guy – and of course he has recent experience with Boxey to fall back on. The isolation and boredom and intimacy lower emotional barriers in believable ways. The characterization of the minor characters was well done, particularly Adama as reflected in Apollo’s surprised realizations that his father doesn’t know how to handle the situation emotionally. Salik was delightfully dry; I don’t really remember him from the series (it’s been a long, long time since I saw it), but I’ve always liked your characterization of him, and he’s appropriately tart here. It’s nice to see that this story is congruent with the Starbuck Fact File in the background story that Starbuck tells about his childhood. And my two favorite lines: 1) Everyone loves Starbuck…“except maybe Colonel Tigh.” Oh, that incurably honest Apollo! And 2) “They're deceitful creatures, dreams, and almost as much of a headache as his pet amoeba, pretending to give him what he knows he can never really have.” What a beautiful line that one is!
Sarah chapter 1 . 10/30/2012
Waaaaaay good story! Absorbing and sweet! You write beautifully, and the characters are so perfectly drawn I feel like this could actually have happened.
miarath chapter 1 . 10/22/2008
I love it. Love every bit of this story - it's so cute and sweet. :D Well-done!
unbekannt chapter 1 . 4/1/2007
ohh swet
anakinbester chapter 1 . 8/25/2006
This was wonderful.

Your characterization was spot on (whihc IMHO, is rare even in better slash fics) and I was actually laughing out loud at some of the exchanges between Apollo and Starbuck the way I do when I watch the show.

I alos really like dthe pacing. The way you laid things out and showed the passage of time really worked.

Also the medical aspect was believable. I loved it taking four tries for Apollo ot get the IV in.
Traser SyberJedi chapter 1 . 7/22/2006
This was cute and very enjoyable. I would love to see more along these lines.
Dame-Ekna chapter 1 . 7/19/2006
Yeah, only yesterday I read this again on "The Celestial Dome" It's so cute. I like it very much. All in there.

Thanks Anke